COE drop $9k, car price drop $4k

Ahyoo2002

Hi guys,

Since COE drop about $9k for Cat A COE, a lot of people is gearing up or some even visited showroom yesterday night (hehe, typical KS Singaporean), but bad news is, the price drop is not as much as the drop in COE [:/]

From the website, it seems that:

1) Toyota Altis, drop from $61488 to $57488, only $4k drop

2) Subaru Impreza 1.6i (basic), drop from $55,388 to $51,388 , only $4k drop

So, I think for this round, car dealers want to avoid their mistake in Feb where a lot of people book car after Feb COE crash and in the end, too many people book and push up COE too much till a lot of people are ask to top up, or worst, get their deposit return to them [rifle][rifle][rifle]

So the question now is, with such a small reduce (or is it consider a lot to many?) in price as compare to COE drop, will people still commit to new car now? [hur]

↡ Advertisement

i think the demand for 1500cc and below still low. the cat E filled to the brim becos of demand for larger cc cars.

they liche leh....

so mebbe next round COE up becos they get more taxi to fill the lumber?

no guarantee that you can get the car even at these prices as the last round coe drop was due to a technical glitch, the fundamentals of demand is still there and this should push the coe a fair bit.

no harm trying though [laugh][laugh][laugh] , nothing to lose other than the se holding your deposit, and everything to gain if the price drops.

Neutral Newbie

Yup bro...my frd went down to BM showroom n left kinda disappointed. What u said is ture..those AD ultimately just wish to avoid letting Feb history repeat itself again.

Neutral Newbie

if not for the system error, the COE should't be this low for this round. the result does not reflect the market demand for cat A.

cat A will surely bound back after this round and dealers have learn the lesson during feb crash.

Have expected that the car price would not be reduce to as much as 9K [:|]

I believe that there would still be crowds of people cheonging to the showroom to purchase a new ride [nod][nod][nod]