Renewal of road tax

Adwin

Neutral Newbie

Currently my road tax is ending in sept while my insurance is ending in february next year.

Question is, can i renew my road tax without renewing my insurance? Or i must die die renew my insurance first?

Confused about these regulations

Can someone shed the light on this? Thanks for any information. smile.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yep... insurance was renewed on feb 2007 and the road tax was renewed on march 2007 for 6 months.

So can i renew 6 months road tax which covers till march 2008 but considering my insurance is till feb 2008 only?

Neutral Newbie

ya, cause u can opt to pay 6 months road tax or 1 yr road tax, where as insurance is only pay annually(or 12months installment plan with dbs by NT*C), so this 6mths road tax u pay(till end feb '08) u don't hafta renew your insurance, and i think u can just pay the road tax at any axs stations

no u cun..got to show tat you hav ins for the period of road tax u renewing....just ask the ins co to do an extension for 1 mre mth

eh.. can ask why isn't your insurance date and road tax ending on the same day?

I'm asking about the one in Feb/Mar.

For sept, you can just renew coz the system shows that you have insurance coverage.

Neutral Newbie

i was in the same situation as you before. you dun have to show ur insurance, the lta system had it all.

however the period of ur new road tax must be covered by insurance. my situation than was also insurance expires nov but road tax must renew till dec. so i did a one mth extension with ntuc which was my ins co. then. Jus go to any walk in branch and get it done at the counter in less than 5mins.

Currently my road tax is ending in sept while my insurance is ending in february next year.

Question is, can i renew my road tax without renewing my insurance? Or i must die die renew my insurance first?

Confused about these regulations

Can someone shed the light on this? Thanks for any information. smile.gif

when renewing road tax for the next 6-12 mths, the same period must be covered by insurance.

so for now, you have to pay a pro-rated 1 month worth of insurance to cover march before you can renew your road tax for the period of oct07-mar08

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the reply. Looks like i have to make a trip down to "Aunty lucy" to pro rate for 1 month

Whether u paid for your insurance can be checked online. Remember LTA sent u a letter giving u a user name and password?

When u paid your insurer they will update it online and LTA will know. No horse run.

U can pay your road tax online via internet banking.

PS: U cannot renew your road tax without renewing your insurance.

In your case your insurance is paid until next year ,so u can just renew road tax without much problem.

Neutral Newbie

don't think that is possible bah....

this sort of thing LTA quite inflexible cause road tax disc have pre printed dates liao....

Neutral Newbie
this case usually happens if he has a pre-owned car.

and he can't renew now unless he extends his insurance for 1 more month to cover march.

I like the convenience of having the insurance and road tax renew together. But i did not do that.

If you buy insurance that is less than a year, the premium for that per months is higher then annual, if you divide out the annual premium into per month.

The most renew 2 times per year only mah.

↡ Advertisement