Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

Fatfat
  • Fatfat
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Members,

I m unfamiliar with KM servicing hence i hope the experienced folks here can help answer some questions, short of calling them direct and getting templated answers.

I m driving a frd's FD in his absence, and the car is due for 20k servicing.

1) KM policy of allowing own oil to be brought?
2) 1.8L FD uses 4L or 5L engine oil?
3) what entails 20k servicing and estimate costs?
4) To leave car for entire day and come back later? What is the norm?

Many thanks

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

1) Yes, u can bring yr own engine oil
2) Shld be 4L
3) 20K is basic servicing. refer to the price list http://www.honda.com.....rice List.pdf
4) depends on which workshop u goes to. from my experience, at Mandai usually can settled in abt 1hr+

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

Fatfat
  • Fatfat
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thank you for the prompt reply TOYO, that was in record time!

Shall check out Mandai then, to minimise time disruption.

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

no problem, i'm just sharing my experience. Leonard from Mandai svc ctr gave me very good service thumbsup.gif
I had tried Ubi too but i feel they were not as efficient, probably because they had more cars to service.

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

Wqmai
  • Wqmai
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,
Just bought a honda Jazz. Wonder how many litre of engine oil, whats the spec and brand of the engine oil and where is a good place to buy it?
And about oil filter, where do we buy it and any spec or brand?
Thanks.

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

just buy a 4L EO will do. I do not know what is a good place to buy but friends recommended me MX Trading
http://www.mxxxxxxxxs.com/
They have Redline, Royal Purple. I'm using Motul 5W30
Do call them before you go down.
There are many places you can buy oil filter but i suggest u dun. lets say after the servicing for some reason the engine oil leaks, the workshop might blamed the oil filter u bought sweatdrop.gif i had heard of such cases

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi Members,

I m unfamiliar with KM servicing hence i hope the experienced folks here can help answer some questions, short of calling them direct and getting templated answers.

I m driving a frd's FD in his absence, and the car is due for 20k servicing.

1) KM policy of allowing own oil to be brought?
2) 1.8L FD uses 4L or 5L engine oil?
3) what entails 20k servicing and estimate costs?
4) To leave car for entire day and come back later? What is the norm?

Many thanks

I'm driving FD also.
Must call to make an appointment. Normally 3 to 4 working days from the day u call.

1)I dun bring own oil. Sorry I dunno. tongue.gif But can always callup to enquire.
2)4L
3)oil change, oil filter change, some checks, tyre balancing and rotation, no different from 10k km servicing.
4)If sent in the morning b4 lunch time can collect.

Estimated cost depends on your oil change. The rest is similar to outside workshop rate ie balance front tyres 10$. As for labour, slightly more than outside but not much. I request to wash the rims b4 balancing and they did it without extra charge.

I just did my 30k km. I dun remember much on 20k. If u really want detail have to wait till tonight I get home to see the receipt. Cos at 20k km I also ask them to groom my car hence I dun recall the others.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:40 PM

Wqmai
  • Wqmai
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks. Then I will buy the EO to Kah. Oil filter get from them.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:03 AM

Sputnik
  • Sputnik
    Clutched
    Author Image

Heading to KM to do 1K run-in servicing, anybody can advise what kind of synthetic oil to buy for a 1K oil-change?

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

Picanto
1k oil change better use mineral oil. those 20w-50 type wil do.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

Tay107
  • Tay107
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

1K KM use full synthetic oil SHU $97+ can try honda vtec oil get from KM shop ( only ubi n lengkee ) or from shop waterloo st.
my next svc may use vtec oil.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u tokking abt REV 0W20?

i think is $98.. but tat shop charge GST as well
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

Sputnik
  • Sputnik
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hmm... differing replies about engine oil.

Yeap I have heard about using mineral till 10K, and I suppose KM will use Shell Helix Syn for 1K. Guess I have to leave the answer to the advisor and not take any chance for the time being. Thanks all.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:13 PM

Vblues
  • Vblues
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hey bro, lemme know how's it after your 1k servicing. I'll be collecting my ride in a few mths time so this is something I'd like to know too.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:30 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

KM will used syn oil for 1k svc cos there is no 5K svc interval. the next svc will be at 10K or rather 11K

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

Vblues
  • Vblues
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Some people say 1k svc use mineral oil so who's right? confused.gif

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:44 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

tat's probably bcos their svc interval is 1k, 5k, 10k
at km the interval is 1k, 10k so its better to use syn oil

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:00 AM

Tay107
  • Tay107
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

mineral oil good for 5k only if 10k is syn oil (SHU 5w40) check w SA when go for 1k svc.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

Sputnik
  • Sputnik
    Clutched
    Author Image

Great experience doing my 1K servicing at KM Leng Kee.

Checked in at 9:19am. Was greeted at the door by Honda staff as he guided me to the reception. Brought in my own engine oil (Shell Helix Ultra 5w40) and Service Advisor Sam gave me a run-down of what is needed for 1K - Oil Change (Synthetic) and Air-filter change.

Free coffee whilst waiting. Internet available as well, not forgetting a chance to check out the Honda showroom as it is in the same building. Nice, airy air-condition comfort! Free bus transfer available to go to Queenstown MRT. Decided to take the time to run my errands nearby.

As promised they fixed up the scratch on my film (discovered during new car collection).

Check out at 1pm with a bill of $33 for the oil filter and labour. Going to get K&N filter before 11K servicing (to be installed on my own).

Typical Japanese systematic approach, that's what I really like, plus good service, comfortable setting (after years of greasy workshops!). I am glad I bought from an AD.

Edited by Sputnik, 05 September 2007 - 02:51 PM.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

Curahee
  • Curahee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I always go KM jurong, the one inside shell petrol station, no such service like free coffee, internet, etc due to space constraint. But the service advisor service very gd like what u mention.

Edited by Curahee, 05 September 2007 - 03:46 PM.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users