KAH Motors servicing questions

Fatfat

Neutral Newbie

Great experience doing my 1K servicing at KM Leng Kee.

Checked in at 9:19am. Was greeted at the door by Honda staff as he guided me to the reception. Brought in my own engine oil (Shell Helix Ultra 5w40) and Service Advisor Sam gave me a run-down of what is needed for 1K - Oil Change (Synthetic) and Air-filter change.

Free coffee whilst waiting. Internet available as well, not forgetting a chance to check out the Honda showroom as it is in the same building. Nice, airy air-condition comfort! Free bus transfer available to go to Queenstown MRT. Decided to take the time to run my errands nearby.

As promised they fixed up the scratch on my film (discovered during new car collection).

Check out at 1pm with a bill of $33 for the oil filter and labour. Going to get K&N filter before 11K servicing (to be installed on my own).

Typical Japanese systematic approach, that's what I really like, plus good service, comfortable setting (after years of greasy workshops!). I am glad I bought from an AD.

Edited by Sputnik
↡ Advertisement

I always go KM jurong, the one inside shell petrol station, no such service like free coffee, internet, etc due to space constraint. But the service advisor service very gd like what u mention.

Edited by Curahee
  • Praise 1

1K KM use full synthetic oil SHU $97+ can try honda vtec oil get from KM shop ( only @ ubi n lengkee ) or from shop @ waterloo st.

my next svc may use vtec oil.

hi bro,

have you change to vtec oil ? i've got 2 friends, one driving new city and one with new civic. going for 1k service soon. they are pretty keen on this vtec oil.

how is this oil ? hope to get some feedback from you. thanks.

• Praise 1

What is this VTEC oil that you guys are mentioning? Idemitsu 5W40? Nothing really great about this engine oil. IMHO, there are just many better one outside, which are of the same price range if not cheaper.

Regards,

hi kelpie bro,

i am not too sure too. just checking with bro tay107 on this vtec oil.

i thought there are vtec engines but vtec oil as well. quite curious on it.

think maybe suitable on my friends' new cars.

if the feedback is good, may try this oil.

Neutral Newbie

you will probably save quite a bit buying your own oil.

the SHU 40wt at KM costs more than $100 for a 4L bottle.

Try mxxxxxxxxs.com good prices and talk to terrence who will give you friendly advice without pressure.

i've always used non-KM oil filter. (KM charges $10-$12) no issue as yet. make sure your oil filter made in japan. should be no problem.

I've been bringing my own oil since my 1K servicing. That so called VTEC oil is over priced, IMHO. Of course, if you're not into engine oil, the safe approach is to use whatever oil that they pour in, just have to pay more lor.

Regards,

thanks bro kelpie,

i will let my friends know.

for me, i'll let my mechanic decide what oil to use on my COE integra since he had service my car from day one.

i remember him saying he use thick oil for my old engine. i trust him 100%.

is that so called vtec oil specially developed for honda racing cars? if it has the same properties of ordinary synthetic oil, they should sell it at a reasonable price.

• Praise 1

thanks bro kelpie,

i will let my friends know.

for me, i'll let my mechanic decide what oil to use on my COE integra since he had service my car from day one.

i remember him saying he use thick oil for my old engine. i trust him 100%.

I'm a kiasu person, I service car every 5K interval on top of the agent's service interval of 10K. So my car get new engine oil and oil filter every 5K.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

did ur 5k at km also or outside where?? cos i hv same thinking some say is better to change every 5k good 4 engine [sunny]

vtec oil some say is normal can get fr km shop or goto waterloo shop is cheaper than shu.

ppl rem redline say is v good respon [bounce1]http://www.mxxxxxxxxs.com/index.htm

actually I want get vtec or redline but just buy shu $59.9 offer at ntuc so may b next svc will try

• Praise 1

did ur 5k at km also or outside where?? cos i hv same thinking some say is better to change every 5k good 4 engine

vtec oil some say is normal can get fr km shop or goto waterloo shop is cheaper than shu.

ppl rem redline say is v good respon http://www.mxxxxxxxxs.com/index.htm

actually I want get vtec or redline but just buy shu $59.9 offer at ntuc so may b next svc will try

1. I did 5K outside and the every 10K with KM. Yes, by now, Honda fans should know where to buy geniune accessories and parts at a cheaper price.

2. I used redline 10W30 before, not bad so I used a bit longer than 5K! I think if want to pay high price for SHU then should also consider getting redline.

Regards,

did ur 5k at km also or outside where?? cos i hv same thinking some say is better to change every 5k good 4 engine

ppl rem redline say is v good respon http://www.mxxxxxxxxs.com/index.htm

1. I thought I've replied to this message but it was gone! Nevermind, I did mention that I did every 5K outside and every 10K with KM.

2. I used redline 10W30 before, not bad and made me used it more than 5K. I think if want to pay high price for SHU, should also consider redline.

Regards,

1st 1000km servicing dun need waste $$.. go for the cheapest fully synthetic or mineral oil.. change out at 5000km.. then after that go for a good engine oil.

↡ Advertisement