Cock Ambulance driver

Africatwin

Was travelling along AYE towards Changi and was on 2nd lane, 1st lane totally no traffic. Speed was about 80km/h then i realise that an ambulance was coming from my back n instead of overtaking me using the 1st lane, he flashed his headlights at me [furious] dunno wat this cxxk driver is doing. No traffice on 1st lane dun wan to use n flash me. Seeing that his emergency lights are on, i change to 3rd lane n let him pass but give the vehicle comd a stare.

[furious][furious][furious]

↡ Advertisement

Just let him pass lo, give the VC a stare also no use, he probably too busy to notice, best way is to get on with it, maybe the driver think lane 1 road condition is unflavourable to his fast and heavy vehicle, and decided to keep travelling at lane 2.

Neutral Newbie

ever saw an ambulance did a e-brake after doing a right turn at a junction, reason is one of the rear door had flung opened while he was making the turn and someone have to alight and close it back. [sweatdrop]

Bro, think ambulance no wrong here. They hv the right of way to travel on lane 1 and all cars supposed to siam. It may be dangerous for ambulances to weave in and out of traffic. Tat's the prob with our drivers' education. If u see TV shows esp from US, all cars are supposed to move and stop aside upon hearing or seeing emergency vehicles with sirens & lights on, then continue when the emergency vehicles passed. Seems like you may also not hv a good habit of checking ur rear view mirror regularly. Potential road hogger?

I don't think the ambulance did nothing here bro.... he has the right of way man, and u are obliged to give way. since there's no traffice on lane 1 u should be the one giving way to the ambulance by switching lane and not expect the ambulance to swicth lane to overtake u... if all drivers had ur mentallity, when they see ambulance, police car, fire engine don't give way cos they feel why must i be the one to give way when they can "easily" overtake me for the right, then jia lat liao loh. sweatdrop.gif

so bro pls lah, don't be so impatient, learn to give when esp this case it's an ambulance n might be carrying a patient in critical condition.

no matter whether the ambulance is right or wrong, better give way. life could be at stake. i would not want someone to die cos i did not let the ambulance overtake.

Just let the ambulance go loh...

He can change to 1st lane; u can change to 3rd lane; he's in an emergency; u're leisurely cruising at 80kmh. Choice should be easy...not sure why u so angry.

Complain abt ah beng car tailgating u is fine...but complaining abt an ambulance in an emergency is... [shakehead]

you cant do anything to them.inside the cabin,you don't know what is going on.Maybe they wanna inject the patient or something,you expect them to just swerve rite and left again?think again.

Turbocharged

sounds abit extreme. if the ambulance need to serve left n right so much so that it was felt by the patient, then i think the ambulance driver need to be [rifle]

i think i know how the TS felt. he was probably travelling on lane 2 NOT hogging the traffic, at the same time lane 1 was cleared. who in the sane mind will know that the ambulance wanna come in lane 2 and expect you to 'give way' when lane 1 was cleared? so are you suppose to give way by switching to lane 1? or are you suppose to switch to lane 3? skali the ambulance also wanna go lane 3 then how? you go to road shoulder is it?? [hur]

question here is, nevertheless the ambulance is an emergency vehicle and we should all play a part in not obstructing its journey. however, the experience and action of the ambulance driver is in doubt. [gossip]

[reply]I don't think the ambulance did nothing here bro.... he has the right of way man, and u are obliged to give way. since there's no traffice on lane 1 u should be the one giving way to the ambulance by switching lane and not expect the ambulance to swicth lane to overtake u... if all drivers had ur mentallity, when they see ambulance, police car, fire engine don't give way cos they feel why must i be the one to give way when they can "easily" overtake me for the right, then jia lat liao loh. sweatdrop.gif

since there's no traffice on lane 1 u should be the one giving way to the ambulance .... [hur][hur][hur]

Regardless of the traffic condition in lane 1, the ambulance, if in Emergency, SHOULD travel IN LANE 1 ...LANE 1-For Emergency Vehical and Overtaking Vehical. Unless it is exiting in the coming exit point of the e-way, then TS got to give way lor...

'question here is, nevertheless the ambulance is an emergency vehicle and we should all play a part in not obstructing its journey. however, the experience and action of the ambulance driver is in doubt. '

I second that bro [nod] , The TS is caught in a situation caused unnecessarily by the E-driver...... [:/]

you cant do anything to them. You are right...

inside the cabin,you don't know what is going on.You are right...

Maybe they wanna inject the patient or something,you expect them to just swerve rite and left again? You are right...

...and come to think of it....what the hell is the Ambulance on lane 2 if it's on Emergency. Shouldn't it be on lane 1 and it's CLEAR!!!

TS talking about ambulance on lane 2...not lane 1.... [:)]

Else if it's really on lane 1, then TS must be shot for not giving way and posting here [sly] ... [nod]

No rule say ambulance MUST be in lane 1 during emergency, it can be exiting soon, or aviod lane one so no need to change lane excessively or hold up other cars which may be faster. (not sure max speed of ambulance, but i don't think it's very fast)

the rule of thumb, u see an ambulance behind u with alarm on, YOU GIVE WAY instead of EXPECTING it change lane to overtake u. nod.gif don't because u think u are in the right of way, or that the ambulance should be in lane 1 what, it's at fault i purposely don't give way... don't because of ur self centered mentality u cos someone to lose his/her life.

↡ Advertisement