The rugby world cup appreciation thread

Karoon

8 years and I'm amazed that our resident sheep shagger has not managed to find his way here?! :blink:

Guess we'll have to rectify that, won't we? Oi, @Darryn!! :D

Hi Hi -

I'm busy lately

Good win for the ABs out first against the Pumas - with the stupid timing I didn't see the game,

Starting with the 1/4s I will need to make an effort..

Big news of course is Japan downing the Springboks - really amazing win for them and good on them!

Especially with a team in the upcoming super15...

This is kind of an endorsement for the whole athletic FT importation policy. A goodly portion of the Japanese team, along with their coach, are of foreign origin.

But that's actually true of even 'ang moh' teams like Scotland, except that they're white to begin with so it doesn't get remarked upon that often.

Still, amazing achievement by the Japanese, well done.

You're right here - BUT

I think the Japanese have been making smart use of foreign imports - they really have raised the quality of the domestic competition, and it is working, Japan have progressed really well in successive world cups - I remember the first one where the ABs ran up a score of almost a ton against them - now the Japanese are beating SA -

I think there's some lessons there for Singapore's foreign talent management

And you've farking distracted me enough - I am still trying to complete today's jobs, so closing this thread without reading any more

↡ Advertisement

It was a pleasure to see, during the finals between Australia & New Zealand, the rugby team members proudly singing their respective national anthems with gusto. Very unlike our table tennis team. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

watched quite a few of the games.

NZ were magnificent. Aussies were pretty good as well. Watched them in the quarters. 

Too bad Habana couldn't break Lomu's record.

Dan carter the best flyhalf of recent times.

Good final between the tournament's 2 best teams!!

Aussie made a match of it and came within 4 pts of the Blacks when Smith was sin-binned but the class of the Blacks made sure they retained the cup, well done!!

The thing I admire about rugby is that it's such a brutal game but the players' discipline put footballers to shame!! [thumbsup]. Accept ref's decisions and respect opponents and officials alike and in that kind of environment, to be able to remain calm is no easy feat, kudos :a-good:

• Praise 4

Hey guys, did not know the Rugby Seven series is currently playing in Singapore. Any bro watching? The Fijians whitewashed the Canadians but this match between Scotland and Wales is nail biting. Damn good play from both sides. Cannot wait to see the All Blacks in action.

Edited by Count-Bracula

Hey guys, did not know the Rugby Seven series is currently playing in Singapore. Any bro watching? The Fijians whitewashed the Canadians but this match between Scotland and Wales is nail biting. Damn good play from both sides. Cannot wait to see the All Blacks in action.

I know cos I was at next door watching badminton [laugh]

post-1109-0-86968600-1492266117_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

I know cos I was at next door watching badminton [laugh]

attachicon.gifrps20170415_213941.jpg

The OUE Open! I had planned to go with my dad and son, we were there last year. Is Chen Long playing? Heard he injured his wrist last week at M'sian Open. He damn joker!

Oh yeah. When you book tickets, you can also book parking lot. They will reserve lot for you, just drive in and they check car plate number. Did not know last year and had to park a distance away.

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Praise 1

The OUE Open! I had planned to go with my dad and son, we were there last year. Is Chen Long playing? Heard he injured his wrist last week at M'sian Open. He damn joker!

nope he didn't, men single is a disappointment, both finalist from india.

nope he didn't, men single is a disappointment, both finalist from india.

Oh heng ahh! Haha....sorry! 'Cos my dad a Chen Long, Lin Dan supporter.

Can skip this year and maybe tomolo go see rugby.

Rugby is a game played by men

with funny shape balls. [thumbsup]

:D

Kanai kiew. Haha!

• Praise 1

Watching the Rugby Seven at home. The morning session started 11am and now the evening from 6:45pm onwards.

Me and son both ROFL when a player from SA got his shorts tugged and his kar chng got exposed for a few seconds . . . Hahaha!

The All Blacks not as good as before. They are playing for 5th spot. Later the Final is between USA and Canada.[laugh]

Oh yeah, had wanted to go watch but tickets not cheap. S$34.

Edited by Count-Bracula

Watching the Rugby Seven at home. The morning session started 11am and now the evening from 6:45pm onwards.

Me and son both ROFL when a player from SA got his shorts tugged and his kar chng got exposed for a few seconds . . . Hahaha!

The All Blacks not as good as before. They are playing for 5th spot. Later the Final is between USA and Canada.[laugh]

Oh yeah, had wanted to go watch but tickets not cheap. S$34.

Thought Fiji r the best in the sevens game? Knocked out? Australia, South Africa shld also be strong so surprised u posting Canada v USA final

• Praise 8

Canada won eventually, never saw this coming n kudos to the North Americans who traditionally shun rugby [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4