Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 7 praises

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:02 AM

Lexxmexx
  • Lexxmexx
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can our normal class 3 license be used on other countries, like USA? Or do we need to make special applications before going abroad?

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:54 AM

Enrique
  • Enrique
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

go to AA and apply for the international driving permit
1 Anonymous member praised this
Abarth, Momo, OZ, Michelin, KW, Novitec, NGK, Alpine, Mac Audio, Earthquake, Monster Cable, Black Rhodium, Philips, BMC CDA, Accumat, Aerolift, Bosch, Hella, Supersprint, Twister, Tarox, Powerflex, Pro-RS, Greddy, Brembo, Ultra Racing, Samson's, Liqui Moly, CG Motorsport, Colombo & Bariani, CPS, Pauter, Spesso Racing, Pro Alloy, Quaife, Mishimoto

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:36 AM

Lexxmexx
  • Lexxmexx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I did a search, some said that it is not necessary. So confused now confused.gif

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:48 AM

Dumb
  • Premium member
    Dumb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I can confirm UK and Australia no need IDP. I think USA also no need. Check with their tourism authority. Forget about asking AAS. They will tell you to apply for IDP.

Edited by Dumb, 11 September 2007 - 05:49 AM.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:09 AM

Lexxmexx
  • Lexxmexx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:43 AM

Stivo
  • Stivo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

for aus .. if it is for a short tour... it is not necessary... however if you are gonna be there for more than 3 months then yes!!

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:09 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Commonwealth Countries or those right hand drive vehicles do not require a IDP. For those countries with left hand drives require one.

But, it is save to apply one (I think is $20/- for 1 year) from AAS at River Valley Road as insurance policy defers and problem if making claim. Everybody wants a safe holidays so it is advisable to apply one.

wave.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Since our licence is in English, for most English-speaking countries like US, UK and Aus, you don't need an international licence, but checked with individual countries to confirm.

I used to get international licence but found it not necessary in US. I visit there on many occasions and rent from Avis. They will accept Sg licence.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:41 AM

Qwert
  • Qwert
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yup, the last few occasions when I visited US, quite some years back, didn't make any special arrangements to drive..

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:47 AM

Weichien
  • Weichien
    5th Gear
    Author Image

can. but malaysia license cannot convert to sg license.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:59 AM

Hotsoup
  • Hotsoup
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Can our normal class 3 license be used on other countries, like USA? Or do we need to make special applications before going abroad?

I drove in USA and UK before and these countries don't require International Driving permit as Singapore is part of the commwealt. Another hint: They're willing to accept as long the driving license is printed and readable in English

Edited by Hotsoup, 11 September 2007 - 09:07 AM.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

Qwert
  • Qwert
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Actually, have also used the SG licence in Cyprus...they were unsure if RHD or not, told them we also part of commonwealth...so don't worry... nod.gif

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

Byond
  • Premium member
    Byond
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry, just to check if driving a msia car in msia needs to apply for the IDP??
lets say if i am going to stay there for less than one week...
need to apply??

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:19 AM

Jayq
  • Jayq
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

As long as your licence is in english don't need to convert.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

Hotsoup
  • Hotsoup
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

U dun have to

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

Byond
  • Premium member
    Byond
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Really?
hmm..
thanks..
confused cos my gf's bro in law says i need to have the permit lst before i drive..
that's why dont allow me to drive their cars..hahaa

Edited by Byond, 11 September 2007 - 09:47 AM.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

Mama
  • Premium member
    Mama
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

for aus .. if it is for a short tour... it is not necessary... however if you are gonna be there for more than 3 months then yes!!

For Australia, even for long stay (I only stayed 3yrs+) you don't have to apply. Our SGP license is good enough as the police would ask for it instead. Unless you become a PR than they'll punch a hole in your SGP license and issue you a AUS license (OT)!

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:12 AM

Lexxmexx
  • Lexxmexx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ok confirm, our license can be used in the US. I just rented a JEEP but I need to get used to everything on the right side, including the gear knob sweatdrop.gif

Thanks to everyone for your inputs! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Lexxmexx, 12 September 2007 - 06:12 AM.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:22 AM

Stivo
  • Stivo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

you are wrong... you are just fortunate!!

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:56 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry, just to check if driving a msia car in msia needs to apply for the IDP??
lets say if i am going to stay there for less than one week...
need to apply??

SG licence can drive MY registered car in MY but cannot drive MY registered car in SG. You don't require a IDP in MY.

The problem is the insurance coverage. furious.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users