Search
Idle adjustment

• Search this thread
19 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:53 AM

Hlkh
  • Hlkh
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi have anyone try to adjust the idle rpm before?
now all car have ecu how to adjust?

car :
Lancer 04 cs3 manual transmission

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:57 AM

Forhod
  • Premium member
    Forhod
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If my memory didn't fail me, there is an idling screw located somewhere around the throttle body area to adjust the idling rpm.

Do you really need to adjust it though?

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    NOS-ed

now all govern by ECU oridi.cant adjust liao sweatdrop.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:48 AM

Forhod
  • Premium member
    Forhod
    2nd Gear

Is it? My bad.. lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:29 AM

Hlkh
  • Hlkh
    3rd Gear

yeah ... bro you are right, i try to adjust den later the ecu control back to original rpm.
if wanna set idle rpm wat are the way ?

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:59 AM

Lucien
  • Premium member
    Lucien
    6th Gear

Why u want to adjust?

ECU does not control the idle RPM.
Its the IACV that controls ur idle RPM.
Want to tune it, change the IACV.

Edited by Lucien, 14 September 2007 - 02:59 AM.

CODE
[bounce1][bounce1]MY CAR IS NOT SYMMETRICAL, WHATS UP WITH THAT???bounce1][bounce1]

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hlkh
  • Hlkh
    3rd Gear

Sorry .... wat is IACV?

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:17 PM

Garlic
  • Garlic
    6th Gear

Source: http://autorepair.ab...l/bldef_333.htm

Idle Air Control Valve

"An electrically-operated valve which allows air to bypass the throttle plate in a fuel injected engine to regulate engine idle speed."

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hlkh
  • Hlkh
    3rd Gear

hi ... thanks for the infor.
but i have found a adjustable screw beside the throttle position sensor any ideal what is that for?

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

Orixy
  • Orixy
    3rd Gear

The idling screw for the cs3 lancer is on top of the throttle body, covered with a small black rubber piece. Remove the rubber and you can see a + screw inside. Turn clockwise to decrease idling speed and anti-clockwise to increase.

Hope that helps! :)

Anyway, why would u need to adjust idling speed?

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:14 AM

Hlkh
  • Hlkh
    3rd Gear

Actually my ride rpm idle around 800rpm and some time slight vibrate abit....
just wanna increase till 850rpm like tat so wont have the vibrate feel
i have try adjusting it, but after awhile the idle rpm go back to normal 800rpm within 1 day.

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

Orixy
  • Orixy
    3rd Gear

If rpm at idle vibrate occasionally, probably time to clean your throttle body and especially the idle air control valve (IAC).

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:28 AM

Vidz
  • Premium member
    Vidz
    5th Gear

i believe ECU have the final say...
[drivingcar]

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:07 AM

Orixy
  • Orixy
    3rd Gear

"i believe ECU have the final say.."

>>> hmmm... somewhat I do agree with you. The idling screw is the mechanical component that controls idling speed. So if I set it to idle at 1000rpm, the ecu will tell the IAC to allow more air in so that rpm reads at 1000rpm.

Why I said somewhat is becos the idling screw does play a part in idling as oppose to saying that the ecu have final say. rolleyes.gif

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:57 PM

Hlkh
  • Hlkh
    3rd Gear

the idle air control valve can diy clean anot?

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hlkh
  • Hlkh
    3rd Gear

ya ... this is what i feel too everytime adjust after sometime the idle when back to original

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

Vidz
  • Premium member
    Vidz
    5th Gear

i think ECU still controls the air-fuel ratio, etc...
so it will compensate watever adjustments to a certain extend

unless a carb car then diff story...

Edited by Vidz, 20 September 2007 - 08:56 AM.

[drivingcar]

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

Orixy
  • Orixy
    3rd Gear

sure can DIY clean. Use some carb spray that normally used to clean TB to clean the IAC. Done it a couple of times before and everytime it never fails to make the idling better thumbsup.gif

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:35 PM

Josephteo
  • Premium member
    Josephteo
    5th Gear

sorry to side-track a bit... but on the same node of Idle rpm...

As we all know, when your car is on neutral (idle).. it consumes a certain amount of petrol to keep the engine running... I heard someone telling me that when you are cruising on the highway... if you keep on gear and let the car cruise downslope without stepping on petrol...then the car is not consuming any petrol..as the momentum is "running" the engine.. is it true?

On the other hand, if you put to neutral and let it coast (think it's called freewheeling or something)..then the car consumes the same amount of petrol as it is when idling...

Any experts to comment this?

I'm driving the Lancer GLX sports 2004 model.

Edited by Josephteo, 22 September 2007 - 12:36 PM.

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

Latiosedan
  • Latiosedan
    Clutched

i was told that disconnecting the battery can help to reset the ECU. Maybe it will help.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users