If kana Dengue, how?

Mivec9

kenna dengue need to keep replacing the fluid in the body..

then the NEA officers will visit your house a few times per week to look for mozzies' baby.. if they found one, then be prepared for a fine..

I live in BB area.. not the blacklisted area but was a blacklisted area end of last year.. occur during those "upgrading" of lifts time.. now the current blacklisted area also going thru "upgrading".. so whose fault???mad.gif

↡ Advertisement

is it a kinda of spray or incense? maybe electronic zappers [:)]

electronic type. saw in home fix it stores... cost couple of hundred dollars type [sweatdrop]

called black hole or something [:p]

Hypersonic
(edited)

Anyone got personal experience with the dengue issue?

Depends on the severity and different people react differently with different resistance  levels ; especially little kids and elderly are more prone to severe pain/fever

Mine luckily was mild; just had to go to polyclinic everyday for blood count for almost over 8 day period until it sort of stabilised and no need to go down after the 8th visit; Eat lots of good food (nutrioutous ones like fruits) and drink yuckky papaya leaf soup everyday;.... and yes lots of water water and water until i hated the taste of water and getting up to go toilet every 1 hour almost 

At first I thought it was one of the normal fevers but this one persisted over a 3 day period and i felt funny and wifey kpkb and I went polyclinic and the doc said i got symtoms of dengue or chikungunya but dengue was confirmed only like 3 days after my 1st visit to polyclinc

Just sharing my personal experience.... might be different for different people ; I'm in my mid 50's; so I dont know which group I belong to       

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

I have. Long ago when I was 18yo. Persistent high fever. Rashes around the mozzie bite.

If suspected dengue, don't waste time with the nearby clinic, go straight A&E and do a blood test.

Twincharged
(edited)

I have. Long ago when I was 18yo. Persistent high fever. Rashes around the mozzie bite.

If suspected dengue, don't waste time with the nearby clinic, go straight A&E and do a blood test.

This is the weird part... My dad went hospital last Friday due to weakness. The did blood test and urine and other tests... All came back OK.

This morning we rcvd a call from NEA telling us they have received a report from the hospital that my dad developing dengue. How long to verify dengue?

**best part is we did not hear this from the hospital!!

Edited by Ysc3

Supercharged

My bro-in-law kenna few years ago. Lived on 4th floor of condo. Maid on ground floor collected rainwater in big plastic containers and mozzies started breeding in them. Spent almost a week in hospital.

Hypersonic

I mentioned it takes about 3 days input from the Clinic; But had to kept pestering them (clinic) for the final confirmation

Seems like there is no gold standard test (I am not doktor) so they have to like tikam tikam on the white blood count and do by some inputs as to when you first felt the fever/pain and work backwords as there is some kind of incubation period  or whatever they call it

But NEA is faster; they put a banner opposite my house faster on the 3rd day also (maybe might other person kenna also) and cluster must have been detected

This is the weird part... My dad went hospital last Friday due to weakness. The did blood test and urine and other tests... All came back OK.

This morning we rcvd a call from NEA telling us they have received a report from the hospital that my dad developing dengue. How long to verify dengue?

It's not weird. My blood test result came back from clinic also inconclusive but the GP is also concerned coz my symptoms are there. He told me anything not right must go hospital. I didn't wait, I just go. When I reach hospital my blood platelet count fell below normal. The doctor there not taking chances, admit and monitor. Later more blood test done, result came back confirm tio dengue. My blood platelet count continued to drop the next couple of days. Must stay in bed, cannot move about, always on sodium chloride drip. Rashes spread to my limbs.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I was one of the unfortunate ones to contact dengue early last year. I was feeling extremely lethargic at the start of the week and I didn't think too much of it. Fever came on the second day. Went to see a doctor and he gave me some ever meds and told me to monitor because my area is dengue zone. Fever didn't went away on second day and I return back to the clinic for blood test. On the third day the fever went away. Blood count was normal. So the doctor did not think it was dengue especially since the fever has gone away. However I was still very lethargic and body ache still persist. This last for a further 2 days with no fever.

Finally on the 5th day my body starts showing 'rashes'. I felt stinging sensation all over body including my finger tips and the base of my legs. It is almost like I had sun burn though my body. I couldn't move my limps as that will lead to skin brushing against each other.

I visited another clinic this time and I more or less felt that it should be dengue given all the classical signs of dengue fever. True enough the dengue test was positive. My blood count was ridiculously low, irc, it is below 100?

I didn't admit to the hospital as I felt better a day after the first blood test. My family doctor was extremely concern initially. So he ordered an urgent blood test againa and thankfully my blood count has started to climb which indicates that I'm recovering. I continue with the blood test for the next two days just to make sure it is climbing back up to nominate level.

The rashes took another two weeks to completely disappear.

That's my personal experience of dengue.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I was one of the unfortunate ones to contact dengue early last year. I was feeling extremely lethargic at the start of the week and I didn't think too much of it. Fever came on the second day. Went to see a doctor and he gave me some ever meds and told me to monitor because my area is dengue zone. Fever didn't went away on second day and I return back to the clinic for blood test. On the third day the fever went away. Blood count was normal. So the doctor did not think it was dengue especially since the fever has gone away. However I was still very lethargic and body ache still persist. This last for a further 2 days with no fever.

Finally on the 5th day my body starts showing 'rashes'. I felt stinging sensation all over body including my finger tips and the base of my legs. It is almost like I had sun burn though my body. I couldn't move my limps as that will lead to skin brushing against each other.

I visited another clinic this time and I more or less felt that it should be dengue given all the classical signs of dengue fever. True enough the dengue test was positive. My blood count was ridiculously low, irc, it is below 100?

I didn't admit to the hospital as I felt better a day after the first blood test. My family doctor was extremely concern initially. So he ordered an urgent blood test againa and thankfully my blood count has started to climb which indicates that I'm recovering. I continue with the blood test for the next two days just to make sure it is climbing back up to nominate level.

The rashes took another two weeks to completely disappear.

That's my personal experience of dengue.

How long does it take for you to feel lethargic after bitten by the mozzie?

Twincharged

How long does it take for you to feel lethargic after bitten by the mozzie?

I doubt he would know when he was bitten...

Dengue sometimes is heng suay one...

I remember about 7-8 yr ago, my wife was outstation, and i was staying in those 4NG flat, with only one neighbour (those door-to-door at staircase type).

That time downstairs got people put up banner to say dengue I think Red, zone. I stayed on 3rd floor and v scared, and didn't take chances. When reach home, closed all windows and just on the fan, sometimes aircon.

Also noticed that my neighbour's house was locked for about a week plus didn't see anyone.

It was only after few weeks, when the situation improved, that I saw them, and they said 2 out of 3 of them were hospitalised due to dengue. Apparently the father who worked in Changi Airport area got it maybe from workplace, then kanna bitten at home, and spread to the son. The mother then went to think the daughter's place to stay a while. That's why for 1-2 weeks didn't see them...

And there were others in the neighbourhood who kanna, possibly indirectly from them... 

I was really heng my young kids and i were spared from it. That taught me that kiasu and kiasi really got some advantages...

Supersonic

Dengue sometimes is heng suay one...

I remember about 7-8 yr ago, my wife was outstation, and i was staying in those 4NG flat, with only one neighbour (those door-to-door at staircase type).

That time downstairs got people put up banner to say dengue I think Red, zone. I stayed on 3rd floor and v scared, and didn't take chances. When reach home, closed all windows and just on the fan, sometimes aircon.

Also noticed that my neighbour's house was locked for about a week plus didn't see anyone.

It was only after few weeks, when the situation improved, that I saw them, and they said 2 out of 3 of them were hospitalised due to dengue. Apparently the father who worked in Changi Airport area got it maybe from workplace, then kanna bitten at home, and spread to the son. The mother then went to think the daughter's place to stay a while. That's why for 1-2 weeks didn't see them...

And there were others in the neighbourhood who kanna, possibly indirectly from them... 

I was really heng my young kids and i were spared from it. That taught me that kiasu and kiasi really got some advantages...

Dengue indeed heng suay de. Even you stay in dengue red zone, doesnt mean you would kena dengue. Got bitten by aedes mozzie doesnt mean you would kena dengue also.

↡ Advertisement