If kana Dengue, how?

Mivec9

Twincharged

It was only after few weeks, when the situation improved, that I saw them, and they said 2 out of 3 of them were hospitalised due to dengue. Apparently the father who worked in Changi Airport area got it maybe from workplace, then kanna bitten at home, and spread to the son. The mother then went to think the daughter's place to stay a while. That's why for 1-2 weeks didn't see them...

And there were others in the neighbourhood who kanna, possibly indirectly from them... 

huh ?? dengue is contagious ?? I thought only kenah if bitten by the moz ... so can infect between people also ah ?

anyway, my father recovered by himself after about a day or so coz his slight fever only lasted about a few hours ... the Dr said my dad had antibodies which help him to get rid of the virus.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

huh ?? dengue is contagious ?? I thought only kenah if bitten by the moz ... so can infect between people also ah ?

anyway, my father recovered by himself after about a day or so coz his slight fever only lasted about a few hours ... the Dr said my dad had antibodies which help him to get rid of the virus.

Dengue cannot be pass from person to person la. It can only be pass if mozzie bitten the dengue person, and then the mozzie bite another healthy person. You father immune system is strong la, thats why the dengue virus did not make him feel very sick. But did the doctor confirmed through blood test that your father got dengue ah? Maybe it is really just some normal high fever le?

Twincharged

Dengue cannot be pass from person to person la. It can only be pass if mozzie bitten the dengue person, and then the mozzie bite another healthy person. You father immune system is strong la, thats why the dengue virus did not make him feel very sick. But did the doctor confirmed through blood test that your father got dengue ah? Maybe it is really just some normal high fever le?

that was what a Dr said .... no ...it was what the NEA person said.

we only called the hospital to confirm after getting the call from NEA. Now this weekend, NEA will send someone to inspect our house.

i am thinking maybe its the construction work at the ground floor grassy area that caused the problem as we are on the third floor.

no lah, not contagious.

what i meant was that if my guess was correct, my neighbour (and i only have one, cos we stayed those door-to-door flats) was possibly the patient zero that time when we had the red dengue alert, having been bitten by a mosquito carrying dengue virus at his Changi workplace (according to what he said later). Then becos our neighbourhood got lousy drain design that often resulted in chokes, mosquito problems happen once in a while. And just nice that time got, so after he got the dengue at work, also got bitten at home, and the mosquito then also bit his son afterwards, thus passing the dengue to his son.

And that mosquito must have gone to bite other people in the neighbourhood as well, resulting in NEA putting up the banner to warn residents. Then when an affected/infected resident got bitten by another mosquito and that mosquito go on and bite yet others, this caused the number of victims to increase in the neighbourhood...

In that sense, if the first patient/victim was my neighbour, and so many other people in the whole neighbourhood were affected, then it was really fortunate for me that my family (which was just next door) escaped...

The only known way to prevent dengue is prevent breeding of mosquitoes. Check your own homes and report to NEA if your neighbors or public areas got stagnant water especially these days a lot of construction and road works and rainy days.

I reported to NEA previously on stagnant water in empty plot of land opposite Lao Pa Sat.

NEA told me that it is normal during monsoon season.  I still see water in that plot of land weeks after my report.

Report again until they come. If still cannot, post on Stomp. [laugh] [laugh]

I'm also disappointed with the enforcement these days. So many construction sites never clean up after their work. 

The only report that works is i call 999 to report a dead snake on the road.

Next day, NEA send an SMS to say the snake had been removed.

Hypersonic

I'm also disappointed with the enforcement these days. So many construction sites never clean up after their work. 

I those are like ponding type usually after heavy downpour; sometimes I see some pest control guys spraying in longkangs and some flat land around my neighbourhood last year.  I guess they do it on request by Authorities;

But construction sites is still the biggest contributor to mozzies as compared to open land which have other insects which will devour the mozzies like frogs. thats why after heavy down pour you can hear sounds of frogs very commonly;     

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The only report that works is i call 999 to report a dead snake on the road.

Next day, NEA send an SMS to say the snake had been removed.

Wa, you called 999 to report dead snake?  :blink:

Agreed, nowadays any report and feedback all no use de, the enforcement these days really cannot make it, either they take very long to take action or no action is taken at all.

Wa, you called 999 to report dead snake?  :blink:

Agreed, nowadays any report and feedback all no use de, the enforcement these days really cannot make it, either they take very long to take action or no action is taken at all.

The dead snake is on left lane of Republic Ave towards flyer.  It is around the blind corner right after the junction of Nicoll Hwy and Republic Ave.

Dangerous or not?

Supersonic

The dead snake is on left lane of Republic Ave towards flyer.  It is around the blind corner right after the junction of Nicoll Hwy and Republic Ave.

Dangerous or not?

Err... ok. Lol.

But dead animals on road, not call SPCA meh?  [:p]

↡ Advertisement