Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
92 replies to this topic | 262 praises

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

Singa
  • Singa
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My dentist recommended crowning for 2 of my teeth.
Anyone tried tooth crowning before?
Care to share how's the result so far and what's cost paid?
Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:45 AM

Byond
  • Premium member
    Byond
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I had 2 root canals on my 2 rear tooth (1 L and R).
he also recommend crowning for both of them just in case they break while chewing.
each crown that time (1.5 year ago) is about 400 - 550 each...

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

Singa
  • Singa
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

any idea what's the type of crown for that price?
for eg. porcelain, metal or combination?

my dentist charging >650 per tooth. another dentist quoted 850.. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hmm...abit ex leh. Maybee you can try those HDB block one, cheaper, i think. I did mine about $400 (just crowning nia). Crowning is to protect your "dead" (after root canal) tooth from cracking while eating.
Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:15 PM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is it something like this??

Attached Thumbnails

• tooth implant.jpg

Mercs praised this
"I rather be disliked by people for who I really am, than to be liked by people for who I am not."

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

Byond
  • Premium member
    Byond
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yah
try hdb one..cheaper...
alot cheaper
save the excess for ur petrol or mods... or even present for gorgeous.gif

hehehehe sly.gif

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

Dwoon
  • Premium member
    Dwoon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I also did 2 crowns, one on each side's lower molar.

I was told by the dentist they last about 5 years (might drop out and need to fix back)..... but its been already 6 years and still going fine.

The root canal is first carried out to kill the tooth. If I remember correctly, it involves injecting of medicine of some sort, then the dentist will dig out the core of the tooth to kill it. It is then temporarily sealed with medicine for about a week. After that, the temp cap is taken out, some more digging of the tooth's internals and finally the permanent crown is put on.

It cost me like $600 for a tooth (root canal, crown etc....) if I'm not wrong. That was like 6 years ago. Done at dentist below HDB hor....

At first, the molars were sensitive and I could not chew hard food else it would hurt.... but over time (quite long ~ half to 1 year)... the sensitiveness went away.
Mercs praised this

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:46 PM

Dwoon
  • Premium member
    Dwoon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Errr...those pics are for tooth replacement leh..... crowning still uses your existing tooth, except that it's dead but with its root still embedded.

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I did mine last year. total paid is 1000+ dollars( for root canal and crowning for the rear tooth ).

As what DWOON had explain is correct, except that before the crown is put on, the dentist will use another stuff to seal the root to prevent any infection to it. then come the crown to cover it.

DO NOTE that if the hole is small , better to do the crowning now. If it gets bigger, doing crowning will have risk. Your dentist will advise you. Alternative, you still can ask the dentist to patch those permanent stuff to the hole, but it will not last long, depend on how you chew.

If hole is too big, you will need to implant the tooth. Cost is around S$3000+(brands is GSK) for rear tooth.

SIDETRACK : anyone know which place for tooth implant is cheaper and the brands they use ??

The picture GUYVER is showing is implant.

Hope this helps......
Mercs praised this

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:37 PM

Limitedspeed
  • Limitedspeed
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yes, the picture that GUYVER is showing is for tooth implant.

A tooth implant requires a dental surgeon to perform. A tooth implant upon completion is just as good as a tooth. Hence, its getting very popular these days as opposed to some years back. However, each tooth implant cost about $2000 - $3000 per tooth and of course depending on the dental surgeon performing its work smile.gif
Mercs praised this

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:22 PM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But the implant type looks scary ... sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif
"I rather be disliked by people for who I really am, than to be liked by people for who I am not."

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But those screw goes so deep down into the gums .... dizzy.gif

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Not sure how scary, but definitely need to go down to your bone.

Not sure if polyclinic is cheap for the implant. My HDB dentist quote me about 3000+ for rear tooth.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:03 PM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

is $1000.00 to do a crown over-priced.

lower front molar,

dentist is those chain type operating from HDB shops.

Staff69 praised this

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lower front molar,

From experience those with dental branches quote me the most expensive. Those Tom, Dick and Harry dentist in neighbourhood estates charge the least.

eg. http://bernardtanden...gery.weebly.com

IIRC my mom with pioneer card went to this clinic foc. If you see a lot of elderly folks queueing to see him. This is it. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels, 10 June 2015 - 09:17 PM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

Acewin
  • Acewin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

lower front molar,

If the cost includes the root canal then ok just crowning alone $1K is ex.

Mercs praised this

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

Angchug
  • Premium member
    Angchug
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I did it during my NS 30 years ago and still good.
Mercs praised this

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:33 PM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I did it during my NS 30 years ago and still good.

lol, 30 years ago price of a haircut at mat shop is ,,,,,,,

If the cost includes the root canal then ok just crowning alone $1K is ex.

dentist said I was lucky ,,,,, if the dropped filling was bigger, I would need a root canal work and would be 2k. I asked him what the bulk of the 1k cost goes to and he said - the crown itself.

From experience those with dental branches quote me the most expensive. Those Tom, Dick and Harry dentist in neighbourhood estates charge the least.

eg. http://bernardtanden...gery.weebly.com

IIRC my mom with pioneer card went to this clinic foc. If you see a lot of elderly folks queueing to see him. This is it. LoL...

2mr thinking of trying one opp Chinese Gdn mrt, for 2nd opinion.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lol, 30 years ago price of a haircut at mat shop is ,,,,,,,

dentist said I was lucky ,,,,, if the dropped filling was bigger, I would need a root canal work and would be 2k. I asked him what the bulk of the 1k cost goes to and he said - the crown itself.

2mr thinking of trying one opp Chinese Gdn mrt, for 2nd opinion.

Can call raffles hospital to get a rough quote, this will give you some comparison

I did one of my wisdom tooth removal there and I found their price reasonable

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Can call raffles hospital to get a rough quote, this will give you some comparison

I did one of my wisdom tooth removal there and I found their price reasonable

mai la mai la

raffles like rolex

lausai88 praised this

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Tooth, crowning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users