• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
160 replies to this topic | 37 praises

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

Limws1
  • Limws1
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Anyone has experience in servicing their cars at MotoGuard located at Tampines? Are they any good?

Rdgs

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

So-so. You should stay around to watch...and refuse any other repair/replacement which will cost a bomb.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:11 AM

Limws1
  • Limws1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You mean they will recommend repair/replacement even if it is unnecessary?

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I tried their service before. Basic servicing is all right but parts replacement is quite expensive

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:17 PM

Upguy1
  • Upguy1
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

from my friends past experience..... thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif shakehead.gif thumbsdown.gif
================================================================================
=======
`03-1azfe-2.0-vvti-dohc
amaron/pivot/ngk iridium/simota/blitz/stebel/VPHB4/michelinPP2/16"/3075tint
================================================================================
=======

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:29 PM

Rskeisuke
  • Rskeisuke
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i had less than satisfying experience there.

Went to them one early morning to fix a leaking tyre valve. According to them, valve replaced. $10 i paid. valve still leak when i inflate my tyre at kiosk about 1 week later. thumbsdown.gif

Went back to LS at ubi, shop owner still recognize me cos i replaced my tyres there about one month ago. valve was replaced on the spot FOC! thumbsup.gif

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Any other workshops in Tampines to recommend for servicing?

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

Owen_fan
  • Premium member
    Owen_fan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

U can try Chip Soon Auto smile.gif I use their service for my previous 323, staff there are ok & they oso open on Sunday till 3pm, but thier price may not be cheap wink.gif

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I only went to motoguard. not very sure abt others.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

Carfreakz
  • Premium member
    Carfreakz
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

had bad experience with both motorgard n chip soon........
motorgrad gt a veri long hair service advisor........
damn cocky......went ther once 4 servicing....ask mi change tis change tat...Wow..
total bill cost mi abt $280!!!!!
damn shocked.... OEM air filter charged $38, oil filter charged $25, spark plug charged $72!!! kanna chop big time!!!!!!!! den dun accept nets......

chip soon spare parts are X.......last time met a accident along tampines SAFRA....so decided to drive into for quotation......quote mi replaced bumper + new coat of paint...
$315!!!!!!!! immediately walk away.....went 2 my mech in bedok industrial...new bumper + paint only 180!!!!!!

aft 2 bad incident.....i decided 2 ban tis 2 wkshop on my list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

Mivec9
  • Mivec9
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how's their servicing?
Nuvi with MSM NT 2011.40|Ralliart 15" |Alpine 9886|Alpine 4 channel Amp| 12" JBL Sub|Db Polk Audio Compo|Plasma Xenon|Osram Silverstar|Pivot VS|Stebel Magnum II|Front Strut Bar|Amaron PRO|Simota SS|

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You mean they will recommend repair/replacement even if it is unnecessary?

Yup. Actually...you can go any where for basic servicing. For repair go to the trusted ones. For me, I'll save the trouble and go to the trusted ones....for both.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my experience with them is quite ok, price is cheap for a basic servicing using elf syn oil. but they tends to overcharge for other parts sweatdrop.gif
this is despite the fact that i'm a regular customer thumbsdown.gif

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:49 PM

Limws1
  • Limws1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for all the replies. I guess MotoGuard is one of the workshops to avoid then. How about Autodynamac at Ubi Road 1?

Sorry for asking so much, cause looking for a good workshop to replace timing belt for my Ford Focus. Not easy to replace the timing belt.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:59 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For major servicing like timing belt, etc.. I suggest you find our from fellow Ford owners which are the workshops that are familiar with the make. Some workshops will take the opportunity to charge you an arm and a leg...just cos it's a conti car...somethings that is less common on the road. They may not even be able to do a good job even after the eguhe bill.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A good workshop is Riverview Auto at AMK Autopoint. I always trust them with my vehicles. My fren sent in his Ford Laser for 80K servicing which includes changing of timing belt, water pump, etc. Oh, and oso changing of battery. Costs him ard $700+, RM would be ard $1200 if I remembered correctly. sweatdrop.gif

RV is not that cheap but their worksmanship and customer service is definitely there. Good things dun come cheap I guess.

You can go to those workshop that is cheap but worksmanship might by shoddy. In the end, gotta go back and rectify...waste of time and effort. shakehead.gif

Edited by Fcw75, 08 October 2007 - 03:02 PM.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Heard quite a fews good reviews about RV... nod.gif

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:11 PM

Rskeisuke
  • Rskeisuke
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

servicing at RV is it in full view of customers? or they give you a nasty face when you hang around while they work? tongue.gif

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, in full view. You can stay at your vehicle if you like. Hell, you can even helped the mechanic to pick up his spanner or wrench if you want to. laugh.gif ...which I do that sometimes.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

Rskeisuke
  • Rskeisuke
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

think i'll go RV and do my oil change.

good to know there are still workshop mechanics that dun mind owner watching(read: not supervising) them working. some are really sensitive sort, who thinks you are trying to catch them doing something wrong.. whip.gif

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Motogard Service Centre Pte Ltd

Motogard Service Centre Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Callarun  |  Neutral Newbie

I recently overhauled my engine and paid over 8000 dollars , I feel cheaed as i went to other workshop recommended and everyone told me i got ripped off. I week later i went back because my idle speed just kept on fluctuating, they said its a another part I needed to change and decncy to tell me idlying speed is nothing to do with engine, they are not honest and wanted... » Read More

Motogard Service Centre Pte Ltd

Motogard Service Centre Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Coolior109  |  Neutral Newbie

Be careful - do ask them for a breakdown of their service menu or they will charge any o how. I was shocked that a BASIC servicing for my Forte hit $350/- today. WTH. and not even a complimentary carwash with that price. Serves me right : (

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Motogard Service Centre Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users