Servicing at MotoGuard Tampines

Limws1

Yes, in full view. You can stay at your vehicle if you like. Hell, you can even helped the mechanic to pick up his spanner or wrench if you want to. [laugh] ...which I do that sometimes.

↡ Advertisement

think i'll go RV and do my oil change.

good to know there are still workshop mechanics that dun mind owner watching(read: not supervising) them working. some are really sensitive sort, who thinks you are trying to catch them doing something wrong.. [whip]

Mai liao xi kan there. Went there for wheel alignment. Supposed to be S$40 for computerised 4-wheel alignment service. Went there, told me machine spoil, nevermind. Use only side-slip test as basis for alignment adjustment, nevermind.

Adjust the steering tie-rod end on ONLY ONE SIDE of my car, didn't touch the other side at all, nevermind. DIDN'T EVEN TEST the side-slip for the other side, nevermind. Billed me S$40 for the job, which was stated in the receipt as COMPUTERISED Alignment, nevermind.

Drove out of the workshop the first TWO times with the alignment STILL OFF, nevermind. Third time adjust on the same bloody day, END RESULT STILL THE SAME, still veer off to the right when steering wheel is set straight. NEVERMIND! I rest my case.... [thumbsdown][mad]

Yup. That's the one. Don't be fooled by their pretty flyers stating wonderful prices for their servicing packages. Always check & double check for any hidden costs before letting them do.

Done Jan 2008, today @ Motoguard @ Tampines "Behind SAFRA" charged $62 for ELF Synthetic + 4 Spark plug + Oil Filter.

Strait forward deal. All over in 30 mins but do be careful, as they will try to get you to change this & that. Basic is Ok, extra is [knife][lipsrsealed][sly][:/]

Neutral Newbie
had bad experience with both motorgard n chip soon........

@ motorgrad gt a veri long hair service advisor........

damn cocky......went ther once 4 servicing....ask mi change tis change tat...Wow..

total bill cost mi abt $280!!!!!

damn shocked.... OEM air filter charged $38, oil filter charged $25, spark plug charged $72!!! kanna chop big time!!!!!!!! den dun accept nets......

chip soon spare parts are X.......last time met a accident along tampines SAFRA....so decided to drive into for quotation......quote mi replaced bumper + new coat of paint...

$315!!!!!!!! immediately walk away.....went 2 my mech in bedok industrial...new bumper + paint only 180!!!!!!

aft 2 bad incident.....i decided 2 ban tis 2 wkshop on my list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, i went to CS to check for tyre puncture, must pay $5. WTF

I already give up on them. Won't even step in anymore. For oil change, I'm still sticking to DIY. For other stuff, I've got my regular workshops. If simple alignment also can't do properly, there's no way I'll add Motogard into my list of "can-go" workshops, even when there's no other shops open.

wah bro realli that bad ah...i got an advertisment from them slipped under windscreen. Tot their price was very attractive but abit too far though....Now that u have highlighted this, maybe tat explains their rates.... [:(]

Neutral Newbie
had bad experience with both motorgard n chip soon........

@ motorgrad gt a veri long hair service advisor........

damn cocky......went ther once 4 servicing....ask mi change tis change tat...Wow..

total bill cost mi abt $280!!!!!

damn shocked.... OEM air filter charged $38, oil filter charged $25, spark plug charged $72!!! kanna chop big time!!!!!!!! den dun accept nets......

chip soon spare parts are X.......last time met a accident along tampines SAFRA....so decided to drive into for quotation......quote mi replaced bumper + new coat of paint...

$315!!!!!!!! immediately walk away.....went 2 my mech in bedok industrial...new bumper + paint only 180!!!!!!

aft 2 bad incident.....i decided 2 ban tis 2 wkshop on my list!!!!!!!!!!!!

This type of workshop has a "chop carrot" policy/culture and treat all customers as carrots. Best to avoid them........... unfortunately, there are more of this type than the honest type. The only way car owners can fight back is by spreading the names of the "chop carrot" workshops.

My suggest is get out of the shop, it doesn't pay to be helpful as in the event of you getting hurt due to workshop houskeeping conditions , mech misjudgement etc, you will have to go a long way legally to claim for third party damage. Most shops try to cut corners to stay afloat so many just don't have or sufficient insurance coverage. You may end up paying yr own medical costs.

That is why many well organised shops insists that customers must stay away from the shops.

Be very careful when you go round trying to spread the " good news" unless you have sufficient proofs. You will get burnt someday if you keep on playing with fire.

Done Jan 2008, today @ Motoguard @ Tampines "Behind SAFRA" charged $62 for ELF Synthetic + 4 Spark plug + Oil Filter.

Strait forward deal. All over in 30 mins but do be careful, as they will try to get you to change this & that. Basic is Ok, extra is [knife][lipsrsealed][sly][:/]

will they poke a hole in petrol tank and say "wei, tank leakage need to change!"? [sly]

For me, i'll always visit kian teong.. Look for mike. He's got all the expertise despite being mostly an alignment and brake place. Nice guy.. I trust him so much that i'll just leave my car there and i'll trust him to replace anything that needs to be replaced.. I've been to plenty 'big' workshops.. All out to chop money.. This guy has the most decency of all i've met.

for me opposite case.i went for servicing recently...asked de mech wat to change besides EO n oil filter.i asked...must change dis?...he replied..."no need!change for wat.don waste money."a lot of de things i asked whether to change...he say no need.so end up didn't change anything else.n dis is for my 40k servicing.only ask me to change batt, fuel filter n aircon filter...which he dont hv de stock.

dis type of mechanic honestly don wan to earn ur money. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement