Should dogs be ban at seaside

Weichien

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly...,143969,00.html

someone suggested that the beach should be ban for dogs like in the east country. Or like our neighbor country. was quite surprise that someone even suggested that when he/she said singapore is a muti racial and muti religion country and should respect other beliefs (that dog is dirty) and the sea should not be shared with dogs for hyigence purposes.

i was shock to see that, as me a dog lover who often bring my dog to seaside for a swim.

will singapore adorp this culture of banning dogs going to seaside? just because of so call respect of "religious beliefs"

↡ Advertisement

I am not xenophobic but Ang Mohs like to complaint. Just like rioting and striking is the CCA in South Korea, complaining and law suit is Ang Moh Gao's CCA [nod]

They should just get a farking life [thumbsdown]

To ban dogs from our beach is too extreme just cos of isolated case of attack....which I feel was the fault of both the dog owner (wasn't close to the dog when it happened) and the parents (complacent that the dog is friendly and 20m away from the child).

that owner did not leash... just unfortunate...

husky need to be muzzled?

"the sea should not be shared with dogs for hyigence purposes. " -whoever suggested that dont make sense at all... weird hur.gifhur.gifhur.gif

Neutral Newbie

I'm a dog lover too. Just want to share and give my 2 cents worth:

I think one thing people (including dog lovers, dog haters, dog eaters or dog mother father....) must understand that there will never in this world be a responsible or irresponsible dog but instead, a responsible or irresponsible dog owner. Whether we like it or not, we must understand that no matter how well we train our dogs, to respect others, I'd advise that our dogs should always be leashed. I am one that never be comfortable having my dog unleashed because no matter what, they are still an animal. To people of other races and religions or even of races and religions which does not regard dog as "dirty", I feel that you do not need to over-react. Since i said dog is an animal, so, don't ever expect it to behave like a human being. The world is very advanced, if u think that u will contract a desease immediately after the dog touches u, then u could be over-reacting. Just stay calm and focus, if u dislike dogs, just ignore it and don't look at it in the eyes or show ur teeth at him...if not, don't blame anyone if he decides to follow u. If he touches u, don't hit it because animal's reaction can be like human too, just imagine somebody hit u just because he touches u unintentionally.

We all learn to co-exist in this land, i think dog owners must understand people who do not understand dogs and also people who dislike dogd must also understand people who loves dogs... don't say dog owners siow because he loves his dog because he will also say u siow because u love ur children or ur family. lets live and let live and make our life better! [:)]

but for some people with brains not updated have a mentality that dog is dirty, that's why. i'm just worry that 1 day our gov really become crazy that they ban dogs at beach.

i believe singapore is famous for our freedom.

maybe this breed needs to be muzzled after this incident... tongue.giftongue.gif

heard one DJ commented, it must be the weather... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Gahmen won't ban lah...the worst case scenario is they will create a dog ran area at the beach and all dogs must be confined in there.

Dog owners must keep their dogs on tight leash if they want their dogs to continue to enjoy the free roaming [nod] It is the irresponsible dog owner that caused all the complaints [shakehead]

There is only one religion which think dog is dirty. Dun take a genius to figure out which one. I shall not mention it here since it's a sensitive issue.

I think the fellow should keep his 1 cent worth of comments if he dun understand what a multi racial and multi religion country is all about.

Edited by Watwheels

Complains about dogs dirtying the sea is bit too much, but then dog owners should not let their pets roam freely around the beach & park.

Muslims having picnics there feel uncomfortable when dogs are lurking around.. [:(]

according to the ava.

this breed a husky is a fine gentle breed. i wonder what action ava will take.!

later all the husky owner have headace

Husky and Alaskan Malamute are known to be tame and demure breeds generally but there are reports of nasty bites occasionally. One case was a toddler's face being ripped off by a Malamute for no rhime or reasons. The key is not to leave your kid alone with the dog cos some dogs are not good with kids, i.e., the erratic movement of kids may arouse the "hunting" instinct of the dog [sweatdrop]

that is a outcast. if they have this law. i believe living in singapore is a big disappointment for them in many ways.!!!

i think it's 95% impossible that gov will ban dogs in beach. the singapore culture is more open and like the western. which attract them. i also believe westen love singapore alot.!!

what if they have dogs and omg beach ban dog [furious][furious][furious]

Bro...AVA will only ask the owner of the dog to bring it down to CAWC for examination. If the templament of the dog is found to be fine the dog will be released back to the owner. The issue here is under the police cos dog bites comes under the police's Miscellaneous Offences (Public Orders) Act (section 9). The max fine for the owner if found guilty is $5000.

Edited by Chickenfarm