Geely CK

Glyuen

any bros own this car? i just read the review on carma mag.. seems they rate it as above average as a everyday car..

the interior looks not bad.. only think i feel its it is quite cramped inside..

using toyota 1.5l licensed engine.. they dun build their own.

worth it?

seems that this car's review much better than chery qq.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

seriously, most of us have no idea on how good or how bad this china cars are really.. but all i can say is majority of the time is the answer to it is avoid the unsure and unproven especially the china-made cars. i have come in peace. [:)]

• Praise 1

any bros own this car? i just read the review on carma mag.. seems they rate it as above average as a everyday car..

the interior looks not bad.. only think i feel its it is quite cramped inside..

using toyota 1.5l licensed engine.. they dun build their own.

worth it?

seems that this car's review much better than chery qq.

Hi,

I do not own a Geely, I drive a 2006 KIA RIO 1.4M. But I did when for a test drive just to feel what a China Made car feels. I was told that the engine is from Toyota, I thinking to myself not bad. Then I sat into the drive seat, it is not comfortable and too low and the internals space is lacking worst than my 1st 1.0cc SEAT IBIZA.

Then I decided to go for test drive, to my surprise this so call Toyota Engine must have been born in the 80's.

The above are just my personal view, you have got to go test drive yourself to see if that is good enough for you. Especially if you have a tight budget then it may fit you so long you are not to fussy about it.

Personally I am not fussy about car so long they are decent enough for me. My pervious car was a Hyundai Accent 1.3M. It a cheap budget car ... BUT a good one which by the time I scrape the car, it is about 6 years old and it didn't give me much of an issue. In fact it gives me very good FC at 18km/l.

Take your time, go test drive a few cars within your budget to see which fit you best and value for money. After all, regardless what car you buy, you are always losing money even for a Jap Made Car. In fact the more expensive the car, the more money you lose like it or not.

Cheers

[:)]

• Praise 1

[thumbsup] good advise bro... in s'pore car ownership is a sure lose money thingy. Just my two cents worth for all:- if really tight budget kindly take public transport lor... unless really need to use for working purpose...coz tight budget car ownership is not an enjoyable experience. [sweatdrop] I come in peace..kekekeke

haha...carma mag suspects that it is a dated one..

my guess is that it looks like the 1.5l found in toyota corollas of the early '90s.

i'm not shopping for cars yet as i clinched a very good deal for my ride. about $2.2k dep for a 6 yr old elantra with low mileage.

with coe at $17k, the dep of coe alone will be 1.7k already, and it makes a big deal to budget cars. not a good time to buy.

buy car like stock market.. must time ur entry. my other ride was bought when coe was $9k last yr.

back to the geely, i if its using toyota engine i think the fc will be much better than those of chery's.

Got a neighbour who swapped his few months old matrix for this car..peeped inside this car b4..interior really cant make it..

& for a less than 1/2 year car..the engine is damn noisy when he drove past me..if u were to close ur eyes & listen...u will tink some1 driving a COE car..

• Praise 1

why did he do that? matrix is a much better car and he would have lost a lot on the dep. of his matrix....

unless his matrix coe much much higher than when he bought geely? [crazy]

• Praise 1