Bad experiences with Workshops(Need contribution!)

Magiya

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am a university student and currently have to work on a project on business ethics.

I can currently working on a project regarding the ethics issues surrounding car repairing workshops. In this project, we are supposed to identify car repair firms which maybe possibly breaking ethical guidelines and evaluate on them(whether they are valid or that customers are too demanding, what are the difficulties these firms are facing that made them resort to these unethical measures etc)

Will be very appreciative if you guys could share your experiences and thoughts on

them.

We have shortlisted a few issues to work on:

1. Replacement of faulty parts in customers' cars with second

Edited by Magiya
↡ Advertisement

How I wish you are from CPIB. There are tons of such things. But unfortunately I just don't have the sacred time to help. Hope you can find other kind souls who can give you more info.

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

if include authorised stealerships, i think no need to list down the small fry workshops already. [laugh]

Edited by Slowmo

Neutral Newbie

Thanks..but are you able to give me specific examples you/ur frens had encountered before..I need to know the details

my bro had a exprience wif a workshop.... i'm not sure whether is it relevant... the boss of the workshop couldn't set his priorities rite... He has 5 mechanics and he got 3 of them to work on his performance car, so tat he can go tracking on tat particular day... he left the other 2 poor mechanics to deal wif customers coming in, that was a busy day as it was a saturday... and the customers would really have to wait for a long time to get their cars serviced...

I really dunno wad the hell he's thinking, although i know it's not up to me to comment on his attitude of doing business... just my point of view...

Hope it helps... cheers..

Hope you are well covered by insurance, you can get very bad burnt when playing with fire. [laugh] Unless you have been in the industry long enough, your digging will only be at surface level , chances you may not be able to write a good thesis but definelty good enough for yr professors.Good luck and all the best when visiting the shops to conduct interviews - by the way can you speak Hokkien or Cantonese , if not you may not be able to unstand the trade lingo.

some issues to add:

5) Servicing not done at all, still dare to collect money.

6) Exaggeration of 'labour' costs

7) Poor workmanship

8) Fail to deliver vehicle on time

9) Poor inventory/wrong spares ordered.

I had a bad experience with an car accessories shop located at Pasir Panjang Road besides Hancock tyre shop. The boss made me waited since 1030am in the morning and by the time i complete fixing up my car, it was already 930pm. All i need was for him to help to fix back my amplifier and two speakers and i waited for more than 10 hours to get it down.

Even though I am the first to reach, i was the last to go. The boss even fixed up the second car and third car and made me waited. He claimed that these are his regular and they will be given a priority and they are parallel car importers.

This is one of the worst experience that I have gone through and till today i will not go back to the shop and will not recommend anyone to go to the shop. After waiting for so long, the boss did not even feel apologetic and yet have the cheek to increase the price to another additional $50 extra becos i asked him to fix one additional light even though i have informed him abt it way before we started work and he agreed to do it at the quoted price.

What a lousy experience!Will never go back again. It is what i called bad customer service and its a shame.

Neutral Newbie

BEWARE OF RDY ( Research Development Yes) Autocare @ Autopoint #02-02.: SCAMS / CHEATS / DAYLIGHT ROBBERY !!!!24/05/2011

There was a loud noise from my Chevrolet (Chevy Optra) engine and the engine dies but I managed to start the car and drive back home of about 25 KM. Next morning at 9am started & drove the car out of the car park and got it towed to RDY (First time using their services). at about 9:30 and was told by RDY Staff, Kenny car has arrived and I specifically mentioned I just needed Timing belt service package as follows:

Package includes:

1) 1pc timing belt

2) 1pc timing tensioner

3) 1pc idler bearing

4) 1pc water pump

5) 1pc water pump 'O' ring

6) Renew coolant using OWS coolant

7) Labour inclusive

Special Price: S$438.00

Above taken from their website , link as follows : http://www.rdyautocare.com/index.php?main_...ef074f4b16853a5

He said ok, and after 1 hour I called back and he told me that the engine is damaged need to do

BEWARE OF RDY ( Research Development Yes) Autocare @ Autopoint #02-02.: SCAMS / CHEATS / DAYLIGHT ROBBERY !!!!24/05/2011

There was a loud noise from my Chevrolet (Chevy Optra) engine and the engine dies but I managed to start the car and drive back home of about 25 KM. Next morning at 9am started & drove the car out of the car park and got it towed to RDY (First time using their services). at about 9:30 and was told by RDY Staff, Kenny car has arrived and I specifically mentioned I just needed Timing belt service package as follows:

Nesh

I second that.

Got into a minor accident where the chevy driver cut out suddenly from mid to right from stationary to get to first place at right at red light.

Was going straight.

Agreed to go the workshop she said was reputable to take a look since it was a given she was going to pay for the repairs.

Ended up at RDY where the Boss tried to pin the blame and asked me to pay 80% for repairing both the cars as I was 'In the wrong'. The lady boss and the mech also started to say it's my fault, better pay and settle now otherwise I P-Plate sure die jialat jialat, NCD gone, insurance premium go sky high.

Damage:

My car: Front bumper broken

Cost for replacement and respray of bumper: $1900

Her car: Driver door dented in and hinges misaligned

Cost for replacement and make good: $3800 ("Cos must transfer electronics")

I told him, "You take me for an idiot is it? I may be a P-Plater but does my face tell you, please come chop me?"

I asked her in front of the boss, "This workshop is not trustworthy and trying to push the blame and jack up costs, I can definitely get the replacements at a substantially lower cost at another w/s. Do you want to come over to my w/s?"

She was apparently influenced by the owner, being a relatively newbie driver so she declined my offer. I then told her I would send the bill to her address when the w/s owner stepped in and said: "It's your fault, don't push the blame. My workshop is one of the best at Chevy repairs. Our repair costs are very reasonable and you have to bear the costs."

Ignored him and sadly for her, she decided to go with the RDY's Boss's direction.

Bo pian. Take down insurance number. Claimed. Won.

Dumbfark RDY owner. Make his living off ignorant people. *Pui*

okay, my previous car, i go to this workshop at amk autopoint to change brake pads,

after changing,

i juz drove off, luckily very slowly as when i wanna brake,

i press hard all the way in but no brake!

my balls must have shrunk coz you know, workshop areas with lotsa cars, you need to brake anytime,

then i release my brake pedal and step on brake again, this time the brakes works.

rite at this time, the workshop call me and say haven't test drive my car and ask me go back.

i drove back and just tell them in a trembling voice, no brake.

they tested the car, no problem, i hop back and just went home,

only after i have regain my rite mind then i realise i should have fcuk them on the spot.

was told something by my friend then after removing of brake pads, you need to brake once for the brake to lock, i also not sure lah.

Neutral Newbie

okay, my previous car, i go to this workshop at amk autopoint to change brake pads,

after changing,

my balls must have shrunk coz you know, workshop areas with lotsa cars, you need to brake anytime,

then i release my brake pedal and step on brake again, this time the brakes works.

rite at this time, the workshop call me and say haven't test drive my car and ask me go back.

only after i have regain my rite mind then i realise i should have fcuk them on the spot.

was told something by my friend then after removing of brake pads, you need to brake once for the brake to lock, i also not sure lah.

ur friend is right... u need to step on brake pedal a few times after replacing brake pad... I think the pressure is release once a change of pad. need to step on the brake pedal a few times for pressure to come in before goin for a run...

After changing a set of new brake pads, you need to pump the brake first before you can feel the brake. Somehow, not many people knew this but if you had change brake pad before, you should know. And I assume this is your first time changing.

after changing,

Neutral Newbie

lets hope enough if not all people boycott such places of 0 integrity.

↡ Advertisement