Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
375 replies to this topic | 1,602 praises

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:27 AM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,
kind of sick of calling the credit card company every year to ask for a waiver and threaten to cancel. Also, I can never charge enough $$$ to get the automatic waiver for the year.

Recently applied for ABN-AMRO which is free forever, but it's MASTER card.

Is there any credit card that is VISA and have many years or forever fees waiver?

Topics merged....

new post today starts here:  http://www.mycarforu...iver/?p=5662317

Edited by RadX, 05 December 2015 - 07:26 PM.

Hey, I have my own personal MCF stalker! Have u gotten yours yet?
QUOTE (Booboon @ Jan 24 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Er, something abt sgnick if that might interest u.
1. Drives an opc g spec sienta. Green colour.
2. Lives in hougang and has alot of money. At least that wat he claims.
3. Is a Chinese male in his 30s n wear specs.
4. Hangs around sgsienta. The forum is dead anyway.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

Jamjammer
  • Jamjammer
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bro,
Try maybank card, it's free as long you use 12 times per year if I remember correctly. But their reward program is average only.
Frankly, think their customer service is better than c*ti as I always wait like siao just to speak to someone, sigh....

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

Guest_Julio369_*
  • User thumbnail image
  • Guest_Julio369_*

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

POSB every day, free 5 years.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks. I just checked the Maybank website, Millennium Card annual waiver if charge 24times a year. eCard fees waiver if charge once every 3 months. Think I'll apply for one of these.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi,
kind of sick of calling the credit card company every year to ask for a waiver and threaten to cancel. Also, I can never charge enough $$$ to get the automatic waiver for the year.

Recently applied for ABN-AMRO which is free forever, but it's MASTER card.

Is there any credit card that is VISA and have many years or forever fees waiver?

Better still, ask me whether want a card with no limit! so scary!!!

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Julian
  • Julian
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Is it the ABN-AMRO Platinum card? They are clever in the sense that other banks will give in after customer threaten... so why not dun charge

Actually, i call in is to cancel if they want to charge me and i seriously want to cancel but they transfer to waivers' dept immediately.
It's not the Forum, it's the Forumer.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

no need to call. just log in and send them a message. A one-liner "Hi, please waive my annual charges, thanks." is all it takes. I've been doing that for years. Takes me less than 5 mins each time and it always works.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

ABN-AMRO SWITCH Platinum card is no fees forever

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, how to log in and send message? I using Citibank

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:09 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Go to Citibank SG website, on the extreme left there is a "Login" button. click it

Once you are in, you will see this line "You have 0 new messages" at the top. click it.

Then click "Compose". the rest is like sending email.

but of course first you need to have your login access created. contact Citibank for that.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

Law_ong
  • Law_ong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

login to ur citibank online and send them a msg. that simple
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ai Hwa Chia Dio Ai Hwa Song Song if Ai Hwa Chia yet gonna shrimp & save might as well go and buy Kar Chia

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi thanks,
I am trying now.

After I click compose, there are many subjects to choose from.

Do I select subject as:
1) Enquiry on statement billing (credit card)
2) Enquiry on payment/deposit
3) Feedback/general enquiry

Also, usually you will send the message after u receive the statement that shows u must pay the annual fees, or u will send them this message in advance, like I know they will bill me in Jan statement, do I send them this msg in Dec?

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

just choose 1 that has "credit card" in it. i usually write in after getting the bill.

Edited by Ultramega, 13 October 2007 - 04:16 PM.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:15 PM

Cheekg98
  • Cheekg98
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You can try May bank E-card .... free as long as there's one transaction made every quarter ...

Also, there are 3 yr free cards in the credit card industry too ...
** Enjoying my ride on Little Red Riding Zoom

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

Sfhuang
  • Premium member
    Sfhuang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Maybank card is the best. I've never had to pay any subscriptions for the past 10 years.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

Ncss
  • Ncss
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Where got difficult... only just a phone call to request for wavier smile.gif
====================================================
My car is slow..., please don't laugh at me [:)].

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

calling them is a pain.. likely due to cost cutting, got to wait long long before someone actually answers the phone.
i was once in NZ and called uob, darn, waited near half hour before actually speaking to someone.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Citibank always talk a lot of crap when i call. "Do u want to use your reward$ to pay partially the fees?", then if I say no, will transfer me to another person, who will talk to me some more then agree to waive.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

Zakuii
  • Premium member
    Zakuii
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Amex is the worst. I called to waive the fee. They say ok. Who knows few months later I used the card, found out they cancelled it instead. No more amex for me.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:47 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Amex is the fu cking #%!^%$#^%$&%^$*&^%( card ever!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: visa, credit, cards, with, annual and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users