VISA Credit cards with annual fees waiver?

Sgnick

Hi,
kind of sick of calling the credit card company every year to ask for a waiver and threaten to cancel. Also, I can never charge enough $$$ to get the automatic waiver for the year.

Recently applied for ABN-AMRO which is free forever, but it's MASTER card.

Is there any credit card that is VISA and have many years or forever fees waiver?

Topics merged....

new post today starts here:  http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2085531-visa-credit-cards-with-annual-fees-waiver/?p=5662317

Edited by RadX
↡ Advertisement

Bro,

Try maybank card, it's free as long you use 12 times per year if I remember correctly. But their reward program is average only.

Frankly, think their customer service is better than c*ti as I always wait like siao just to speak to someone, sigh....

Thanks. I just checked the Maybank website, Millennium Card annual waiver if charge 24times a year. eCard fees waiver if charge once every 3 months. Think I'll apply for one of these.

Hi,

kind of sick of calling the credit card company every year to ask for a waiver and threaten to cancel. Also, I can never charge enough $$$ to get the automatic waiver for the year.

Recently applied for ABN-AMRO which is free forever, but it's MASTER card.

Is there any credit card that is VISA and have many years or forever fees waiver?

Better still, ask me whether want a card with no limit! so scary!!!

Regards,

Is it the ABN-AMRO Platinum card? They are clever in the sense that other banks will give in after customer threaten... so why not dun charge

Actually, i call in is to cancel if they want to charge me and i seriously want to cancel but they transfer to waivers' dept immediately.

no need to call. just log in and send them a message. A one-liner "Hi, please waive my annual charges, thanks." is all it takes. I've been doing that for years. Takes me less than 5 mins each time and it always works.

Go to Citibank SG website, on the extreme left there is a "Login" button. click it

Once you are in, you will see this line "You have 0 new messages" at the top. click it.

Then click "Compose". the rest is like sending email.

but of course first you need to have your login access created. contact Citibank for that.

Hi thanks,

I am trying now.

After I click compose, there are many subjects to choose from.

Do I select subject as:

1) Enquiry on statement billing (credit card)

2) Enquiry on payment/deposit

3) Feedback/general enquiry

Also, usually you will send the message after u receive the statement that shows u must pay the annual fees, or u will send them this message in advance, like I know they will bill me in Jan statement, do I send them this msg in Dec?

You can try May bank E-card .... free as long as there's one transaction made every quarter ... tongue.gif

Also, there are 3 yr free cards in the credit card industry too ... tongue.gif

Turbocharged

calling them is a pain.. likely due to cost cutting, got to wait long long before someone actually answers the phone.

i was once in NZ and called uob, darn, waited near half hour before actually speaking to someone. crazy.gif

Citibank always talk a lot of crap when i call. "Do u want to use your reward$ to pay partially the fees?", then if I say no, will transfer me to another person, who will talk to me some more then agree to waive.

↡ Advertisement