Run Flat Tyres

Jeffrey

Yeah I heard that too... so what would you recommend me to do?

Use 225/40 r18 all around or stagger?

rear-wheel drive?

it's designed to have bigger (wider) tyres at the back.

if I were u, I would use 225/40/18 front and 245/35/18 (or wider, if fits) rear

↡ Advertisement

rear-wheel drive?

it's designed to have bigger (wider) tyres at the back.

if I were u, I would use 225/40/18 front and 245/35/18 (or wider, if fits) rear

Thanks. Another quick qs... the shop I wanted to go to said their rims are not staggered but they can use staggered tyres. Doesn't make sense does it?

I should be using staggered rims too right?

Really appreciate the help and advise.

Thanks. Another quick qs... the shop I wanted to go to said their rims are not staggered but they can use staggered tyres. Doesn't make sense does it?

I should be using staggered rims too right?

Really appreciate the help and advise.

staggered rims will better as the tyres are better seated (assuming rims are correct width). As mentioned abv, do also check offset.

add: your owner's manual may have the full rim and wheel specs. Or chk bmw forums

Edited by JohnSHL

staggered rims will better as the tyres are better seated (assuming rims are correct width). As mentioned abv, do also check offset.

add: your owner's manual may have the full rim and wheel specs. Or chk bmw forums

What offset do I need?

thanks for sharing

i believe your current ride rim diff width for front and rear (same for your tires size too)

beware of putting same size 225/45/17 on your current rim, some WS don't know the rim diff btw f and r

it is OK to have all 4 same size for 18inch rim and tire size 225/40/18

Hi, I checked with the tire shop today. They do not have staggered rims so I figured maybe I just do a non staggered set up of 225/40/18.

Any implications in the long run? Will my suspension be affected?

I am not familiar with what the downside will be by using the same set up throughout.

After speaking to another tyre shop, I have decided not to upgrade rims. Stick to stock rims, 17".

Anyone knows if Goodyear Excellence run flat tyres are good?

Tyrepac is having a great price for it for my size. Thinking if I should go for it. 

After speaking to another tyre shop, I have decided not to upgrade rims. Stick to stock rims, 17".

Tyrepac is having a great price for it for my size. Thinking if I should go for it. 

excellence rft is 1 if the orginal for BMW.

but abit noisy, check out their nct 5 or efficentgrip rft, same from good year, more quiet.

Rather than RFT, you always can switch to Non-RFT.  Juz buy Slime Tyre Repair kit loh.

I have been using PSS Non-RFT for almost 1 year.  I even drive into Malaysia.

Anyway, I only believe in Michelin.

good moved

stick to staggered size is best

otherwise all 4 x 205/50/17

MHO

• Praise 1

more comfort and quiet ride

fc no diff

yes the monitoring system will still work with non run flat but u need to reset everytime u pump air

just get non run flat, i cant wait to change my current run flat tyre, too stiff ald lol

You driving a Mercedes right.

How come must reset every time you pump air? The merc tyre monitoring system is auto right? I never reset before after pumping my types.

• Praise 1

You driving a Mercedes right.

How come must reset every time you pump air? The merc tyre monitoring system is auto right? I never reset before after pumping my types.

I driving bm

The idrive system on their handbook did mention to initialize tyre pressure after correcting even after changing tyre. So now i did that every time i pump air.

I am not sure about merc auto anot but last time my e250 right rear completely flat but the system never pop out and indicator/warning about it when i drive, suddenly feel car getting heavy and go down check, almost travel on rim lol

I driving bm

The idrive system on their handbook did mention to initialize tyre pressure after correcting even after changing tyre. So now i did that every time i pump air.

I am not sure about merc auto anot but last time my e250 right rear completely flat but the system never pop out and indicator/warning about it when i drive, suddenly feel car getting heavy and go down check, almost travel on rim lol

Same for my A6. Must recalibrate after pumping air.

• Praise 1

Same for my A6. Must recalibrate after pumping air.

I think for better accuracy hence must set again to let vehicle know tyre just get pumped. Otherwise they will only detect sudden loss of pressure or worse cannot detect

Just like my e class last time, i nvr intialize

let me share my basic knowledge about TPMS ,correct me if I am wrong please.

it is getting little common new car equipped with TPMS (is being around for at least 1 decade )

let start  car BMW ( esti 10 years ago) fitted with run flat tires and is a must to have this gadget help to monitor tires pressure while driving,

Why : because no one is able to tell should the run flat tire punctured from the outside look, it is very dangerous to run a punctured at high speed and long distance (tires may failed and explode to be exaggerated ) 

BMW car mostly uses ABS base sensor to monitor your wheels revolution and stored the value in CPU , and should any of the tires pressure drop(little bit drop also can activate ) , CPU detected it because the REV increased ,so CPU will alert driver by MSg tire pressure check or bla bla bla)

My understanding the Newer version BMW TPMS will tells you exactly which tire pressure lost .

old model Mercedes/ Audi also equipped with same typre of TPMS like BMW.

back to work now

shall continue my sharing about Sensor base TPMS later 

welcome ?

Was quoted a very good price for Pirelli Cinturato P7 run flats.

Currently on Michelin Primacy 3 ST. Would the P7 be upgrade or downgrade?

↡ Advertisement