Toyota Allion

Stepper

Allion Pros:

1, Beauty, spacious & luxury

2, Good FC *which stats on the specs

3, Rare species

Allion Cons:

1, 1.5cc engine is real turn off with such big body + 14″ rims.

2, Pricey babe.

3, For SG buyer, this car avail on PI only.

↡ Advertisement

the butt look a bit la... but i think this allion looks bigger than the SX4.. one of the neighbor driving allion, looks ok outside, inside like not bad(i peep in) as a 1.5L a bit too high priced @ near 70k.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Tanjkp,

Did U upsize d rims on ur Allion?

What side effects will it have if I upsize to 16 inch?

[confused]

Feel the the exterior will look better with the removal of rear window wiper. Tat one imo spoil the look of the car

The wiper is very useful what... I wish my sedan had one..

Hi TANJKP, I am most likely to book the car this week. Just wondering has your car run in when u say your FC is 13.5 to 13.8?

FC to me is the most important thing when buying this car. Because I am doing sales. Now I am driving a KIA Cerato and the FC is killing me.

If before run in can get 13.5 to 13.8 its pretty good already.

Cerato 52k

Allion 70k

both taken from sgcarmart.

Taking into account of compounded interest associated with car loans, this is a perfect example of being penny wise pound foolish

If Cerato gives FC of 10km/litre while Allion gives 14km/litre,

10/14 * $350 petrol bill = $250 (allion)

every month driving the cerato u pay $100 more for petrol

every year u pay $1200 more for petrol

10 years u only pay $12000 more for petrol

However, with the compounded interest and loan, the 18k sticker price difference will instantly balloon to approx. 25k++

u need to drive for more than 20 years to justify changing from cerato to allion.

Neutral Newbie

I am driving the cerato for 3.5 yrs and I never hit 11 before and only once for 10. Most of the time I got only 9.5 the worse is 7.5. Unless your friends' cerato are manual if not it is very rare to hit that kind of mileage or unless they did not on any air con.

My mileage a month is really a lot close to 3000km. I hit 1000km 10days after I collect my car. The car price is fixed but the petrol price is not. Judging from the international crude oil price it is definitely going up again.

Further more I did not pay for 70k for my car. I paid only 67K.

I have gotten my car. Before run in I already get 14km/l after run in I will expect more. I did hit 15km/l before. So the potential of getting good FC is there. I rather pay for something which is capped rather than paying something which you don't know how much more it will increase.

In return I get a 100% jap make car of good quality and quiet. My car is like a second home to me I spend about 3 hrs in car each day. So I think Allion is a good buy.

Neutral Newbie

Does this Allion comes with the new Corolla engine, which the new Corolla does not have. I mean, do you know what I mean.... [;)]