AMK AVE4 market - gone in flames

Kianbeng

Hmm...since no more there liao, where hv it moved to?

wat no more there? wat move where?

Pls read the conversation between Kingcopa & mine. [whip][whip]

I grew up there. My previous house was just one block away from that market. So sad, will surely missed the ba chor mee there...

Also let me know where it will be moved to... :)

Me aso grew up in AMK. [inlove][inlove]

Yeah, you still living around that area?

When i heard the news about the fire there, i'm so sad cos that is the place where i frequent for almost 15 yrs...

No lah...im not staying there for almost 8yrs liao cos married liao mah but my mum is still staying there. Btw, which blk r u staying at? Blk 631?

My grandpa passed away few months back but since 10 over years back he sublet the stall to people.However the stall was pass down to one of my relative and I was told by my family the stall did not buy any insurance.

I am worry for those who never buy any insurance. COS MANY CANNOT AFFORD. Sad Story!!

It will take ages for those 232 stalls to get back again... I cannot imagine those owners with children waiting for the stall income to survive.

[smallcry][smallcry][smallcry]

Those authority will never understand their pain....

[blush] it is just like ppl who rise public transport but they themselves did not use the public transport.

Hi guys,

Anyone saw this? Whole market gone in flames!!!!! Also heard boom sound!

Unfortunately I just came out of jungle, still using no-camera phone. Passed by but can't take photos. [bigcry] NPNT I know.

Anyway I hope no one was injured. Anyone staying this area and got pictures, pls contribute. Thanks.

The lastest news to hit the airwaves is the MP for the area..a certain Mr Wee ( who I assume is the one having a daughter with an incurable elitism attitude [sly][laugh] ) saying that currently stall owners got to pay money to have the temporary market to be constructed...

Does this sound logical?...afterall, the stall owners are just tenants who rent the stalls...isn't the actual LAND Lord who should pay to build the temporary shelter even if it is for a few months of usage?

I assume the Mr Wee thinks that ALL hawkers are bloody rich going by the recent case of the TIP TOP curry puff owner evading taxes!! [laugh] ...or is this place only for the ELITES to think only for themselves! [sly] ...

YOU decide!

some pictures here

for those without papers. happened 930pm last night. all gone with the fire. must be the gas tanks.

thanks for the link...

seems like they activated SOC? For crowd control?

amk628fire-04.jpg

amk628fire-12.jpg

amk628fire-16.jpg

It's always $$$ comes 1st for these CB faces. Market fires used to be retro, now it's happening to ultra modern upgraded market. Don't they think of a fire prevention system like water sprinkler or something? Save cost? Never think of? We pay them millions every month! These ultra men should be planning WAY ahead from normal beings like us. [rifle]

8-10k, serious??? Tats a killer..

Assume, 1 month need to sell 10000 plates of Chicken rice at $2.50 each, so assume cost per chick rice is $1.00..... Gross profit hmm $1.50 per plate. $2000 goes to worker salaries... $10,000 to the B+++++ GOVT...... And they just send letter every month or send someone down to COLLECT RENTS.... Hee, like MONEY LENDER like tat..... So the poor hawker left with $3000 a month profit. He still needs to pay electrical bills, his housing bills, his son's education, his wife's shopping.. POOR thing

Just to clarify, this hawker centre is due for the HUP (Hawkers Upgrading Program) soon but not yet, so the facilities etc are very old~ The new HUP centres will have fire-resistant features etc~

So I guessed this unfortunate incident brought foward the HUP date early for the centre~

Edited by Beachboys