Why very hard to buy a new HDB flat?

Curahee

I try ballot 4 times liao all fail... Why so hard ah? Or is it i'm the only one? Every time ballot, thousands and thousands of ppl snatching for a few hundred pathetic flats. Feel like i'm buying lottery after each ballot, praying tat i can be the lucky one... No money to buy re sale too bad. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

first priority go to insiders.. u know like the ccc and grassroots..

the others like aunty uc glc employees.. then come public.. by that 3rd stage, already all gone..

Those flat sold under ballot are usually those in popular area. Demand far exceeded supply. Normal lah.

I was lucky, got it at 1st try...but it was when the economy was really bad and most people don't want flats in mature estate.

Thanks! Now i know already, no wonder my cousins all kena first attempt. One of their relatives work in HDB high position. Maybe tats the reason why.

I think need to wait for recession liao. Dunno when coming... Anyway is there a rule saying tat if u r married with child but no home got priority??

Thanks for encouragement! I even try those 3 rms flat ballot even though i not eligible also kena lousy Q number the last few among the few hundreds snatching 80 plus number of 3 rm flats [shakehead] I need to go temple to por wun liao.

I have several friends tried balloting for flats in Redhill and Q'town. I was shocked to see the subscriptions were 4-6 times over the no. of available flats. So far, most of them got their flat after 4 attempt. Most got it after 2-3 rounds.

I try ballot 4 times liao all fail... Why so hard ah? Or is it i'm the only one? Every time ballot, thousands and thousands of ppl snatching for a few hundred pathetic flats. Feel like i'm buying lottery after each ballot, praying tat i can be the lucky one... No money to buy re sale too bad. [shakehead]

Hi,was wondering how the ballot system work,u failed 4 times because u cant get a q number or the flat u want had all been snatech up?so wat abt the executive apartment?does it really sell like hotcake during bi monthly balloting sales?anyone can share?

Cheers

Now all size of flats are popular...

ballot i think is computerised..i've failed 5 times in the bi-monthly sales.Those unsold exec,5rms,4rms in sengkang/punggol are all sold.i predict the left over exec in jur west will be sold out in recent sector A sales 2.

concurrently im searching for resale 2,budget around $30k COV.

3 times are those BTO and new flat. the last one is the ballot for those repurchase flat, but kena 4000 plus Q. More or less up lorry liao as there are 400 plus units for grab only. Those i want one will be snatch up for sure.

(edited)

I notice Jurong West esp those near corporation rd one dun sell very well. Still left 200 plus units despite being put up for ballot twice, the latest ballot is the 3rd time HDB put up for sale again..

Edited by Curahee

Go bang table with MABO Tan lah, when he meet the people session

Now all size of flats are popular...

ballot i think is computerised..i've failed 5 times in the bi-monthly sales.Those unsold exec,5rms,4rms in sengkang/punggol are all sold.i predict the left over exec in jur west will be sold out in recent sector A sales 2.

concurrently im searching for resale 2,budget around $30k COV.

I believe the market is softening. My friends just got good deals for 5-room flats in toa payoh. 30-50k COV nia. Just i think is reasonable. Unlike the 100+k they are asking for, just few months ago.

bro, still very much depends on seller lah.... i got a collegue whose client offer a unit in SengKang at $60K+V but the stooooopid seller still dun wanna let go leh, while i sold a unit opposite sengkang just merely $10K+V.

My ex-school mate got it thru balloting, first attempt. He was a newly wed at that time.

He's not like some ppl say work for govt or govt related sector.

He's now my neighbour staying at over 20 storey in Queenstown area.

I think another thing they look at is your combine annual income. If it's relatively high, less likely u'll get it. [;)]