Tested Panorama today

Spiderman302

I just test drove today.

Its really quite responsive for a 1.4L engine.

High rpm. I guest thats why the responsiveness. Low gear ratio to increase the torque.

Other things are quite standard. Nothing much to expect from cars of this

category.

Recommended service :

1st 10k, 30k, 50k...

Service at 10k free.

Service at 30k $150

Service at 50k $ did not ask.

The recommended service interval is every 20k.

↡ Advertisement

The Panaroma looks like the van Fiat Doblo.. I rather you spend the money to buy the van and put sofa inside. Save more money and run on diesel... However, the 70km/h is a minus point. But still, can break a bit of rules here and there.... [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Hi spiderman302, I also did test drive the fiat panorama a few mths back. Did not get the car because it is manual and also the height at 1818 mm. When open the rear door, the height of the door is more than 1818 mm.

I would like to recommend you sienta because price wise is about the same. Sienta is 7 seater with auto (110 bhp) while Panorama is 5/7 seater with manual (72 bhp). Sienta has suction doors with powered windows while Panorama has sliding door with manual windows. Sienta has flexible seating arrangement (5,6,7) you decide while Panorama does not have. Sienta has folded side mirror with signal indicator while Panorama does not have.

For more information on Sienta, log on to www.sgsienta.com. [thumbsup]

Hi Sienta, thanks for your recommendation.

In fact yesterday I checked the sgcarmart site and saw sienta pics but did not really take notice. Did not impress me.

Now after I saw panaroma and your recommendation, I just visited sgcarmart site again.

Hey, looks like seinta is a much better buy !!!

Interior looks so much better than panaroma (which much more resemblance to a van)

Thanks bro.

Tomrw will visit one of those PI who carries sienta to check out.

Thks again bro. You are [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hi spiderman302, let me recommend my PI Yuni Ku to you. Look for Ajay (Sales Manager) at 8333 0816. Yuni Ku is honest and transparent in their dealings. Regarding Sienta, only a handful of PIs bring in this car. We have blacklisted quite a few PIs that sell Sienta due to dishonesty and not being transparent. Log on to www.sgsienta.com and join as member to find out which PIs is being blacklisted and also find out more about Sienta. Currently Sienta have 4 models: X, X limited, XS and G for you to chose. Hope to see you in the Singapore Toyota Sienta Club forum. [thumbsup]

wow you done a good comparison between these 2 similar cars.

You must also know the price difference. Is sienta ex?

1 issue I can think of for Fiat Panorama is availability of parts. Sienta although is toyota but its a parallel import and probably not too easy to get parts? Or many compatible parts from other models?

Only commercial vehicles going to msia need that special guarantor pass. If it's a Fiat Panorama which will be registered as a private car, you don't need special license to go msia.

Neutral Newbie

Can compare Sienta with Panorama like that meh? Don't forget conti's are usually understated on paper. Also the common myth of conti parts are harder to find & pricer is not entirely true.

If there's any desire to go up North, i place my bet on Panorama for high speed stability. The displacement is not big enough to impress but u're be surprised when u keep reving & reving. FC surprisingly improves with reving too. My understanding is it's e same engine with the Grande Punto and most owners are aware.

For the recommended svcing. Tell ur SE to get his/her facts right.

Neutral Newbie

Hi kianbeng,

Sienta price is very close to Panorama price. Sienta has 4 models: X, X limited, XS and G. Price varies depend on model.

Even though Sienta is a PI car, it has been on the market for more than 3 years. Currently there are more than 60 sientas that are more than 3 years old. Spare parts wise is not an issue. There are some sientas that have involved in accident and spare parts can be found easily. The engine is the same as Vios and some of the parts are from Altis. Spare parts can also be purchase from Heng Xing. [thumbsup]

You must be kidding when you said 'FC suprisingly improves with reving too' rite? [hur] FC improves when revving at high rpm? Wow, what kind of magic engine is that? [confused]

1.4L with 77bhp needs to be rev really high to move 7 people. I would go for the Sienta over the Panorama too. It's really a car-car whereas Panorama is more like a van-car.

Edited by Fcw75

Neutral Newbie

Hi msimax,

Sienta (110 bhp) is more powerful than Panorama (72 bhp). When going up north, sienta power is not an issue. We have members whose sienta have been to Genting, KL, Malacca, Kuntan and even Penang. There was one sienta who came back from Penang and travel 9 hrs non stop before taking a break. He wanted to test whether the car can take it.

Sienta FC on paper and in Japan is 18.6 km/l. But in S'pore is 14 - 16 km/l. There is one Sienta that manage to hit 20.8 km/l. [thumbsup]

For more information on Sienta, log on to www.sgsienta.com. Join in as member.

Sienta is on my list.when it's time i can afford to change a car...i'll go for sienta.1st is bcos it's spacious.2nd is bcos i tink it's reliable.gd for family man.i will go for sienta over panorama too!