Attn Motorcyclists -- Life Is Precious

Chromas

Neutral Newbie

Yes bro.. I also kena squeeze away by car who wanted to change lane but no chance as the stream of cars keep coming up...but when it saw me coming, he juz change into my lane. haiz.. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

yes precisely!

Thats why riders must ride defensively. Don't ride into situations whereby it will subject the rider into perilous situations.

But sad to say, many riders & drivers do not observe the need to be safe on the roads.

I ever thought like you did before, as to why must bikers ride on the lines. Coz they are endangering themselves by putting themselves into the blind spots of cars.

After speaking to my fren whom is a biker for years, he told me the very reason why they ride between lanes is for safety's sake! [dizzy] Y? Reasons below.

1) If the car in front of them brake hard suddenly, they will definately hit the car and [angel]

2) If the car behind hits them even lightly, they will definately [angel]

3) When they try to ride within the lanes and keep a safe distance from the car in front, either someone will cut in, or the car behind will be so close (1 car length) that they know if they were to brake, they will also be hit from the rear and [angel]

4) If their bike's tyre punture/chain snap, they will fall and if they are within the lanes, the rear car will definately hit them and they [angel]

But even TP on motorcycle rides between 2 lanes...so how? I dun tink riding between 2 lanes is against the law in that case coz the law enforcers are doing it themselves!

Edited by Fcw75

Neutral Newbie
why don't you transform into a helicopter and fly over him ?

cannot... the rotor blade would have "sliced" him up.. when he cut across my car, my bumper is probably a few inches from him

to me is the rider expect the driver to keep a lookout for them and give them the right of way no matter if it is right or wrong...accident happen when driver fail to lookout for them and do not give way to them even when they are wrong...

just to narrate an incident that happen to me years back...i was on PIE...there was a jam...I was on the right most lane trying to move to the middle lane...I look...no bike...car on left is giving way to me...i move out slightly...a bike zoom between the lane at very very fast speed in a near stagnant traffic...and honk at me...the first thing that come to my mind is he is rushing to hell...he can move in between cars slowly in a big jam...but not to the extend of zooming past...there is no way I can see him at his speed... [thumbsdown][thumbsdown] this kind of rider is black sheep... [thumbsdown]

IMHO, I guess nowadays, local bikers really ride like those folks across the border. I mean, some riding cup-kai can easily to fling around traffic in and out. Which is super dangerous.

I have been in two accidents during my riding days, to be honest all was not my fault. Thinking back, there was really nothing I can do to avoid it, as I did not see it coming.

I think some drivers who have rode before, are alittle more careful, as they know how riders think, and would predict better. IMHO only.

Also for riding in between two cars, I guess riders should not be in the blind spot for too long.

But seriously, we as drivers have to die die not lose our cool, and have to be patient. I mean there are drivers who sometime drive like [furious][furious]. Like the road is a battle field, where everyone fight for spaces.

There is nothing we can stop the bikers from doing, can u imagine if that was to become a law, that NO bikes can go in between traffic. Die man, traffic will be worse. and the riders will kenna carbon monoxide posioning being stuck in the CTE tunnel during peak period. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

No offense bro.

But if the rider put his/her personal comfort over their personal safety, its their life.

I don't agree that riding between lanes is any safer. You have cars who can't keep within 1 lanes, in the same lane can shift left/right suddenly, all you need is to meet one of these people. Especially during traffic jams and raining days, you have cars that will suddenly change lane, you will NOT be able to stop in time when a car change lane in front of you.

When you follow behind a car, at least you can see the brake lights of the car, *IF* you have not been tailgating [hur] , you will be able to stop in time - regardless of brakes. This applies to all vehicles on the road.

Neutral Newbie
sometimes it is not easy to constantly check blindspot as we have to watch out for the car infront of us as well (especially in a tight jam). These motorbikes can sometimes appear very suddenly (there is no one on the side 1 sec ago you checked your blindspot) and if we are not careful, we would have filtered lane and bang into them.

thats why, always double check again even while filtering....

my only other worries about bikers (beside transformers) are those that like to "flip flop" between two lanes.... its like, one min he is in this lane... then he is in the other lane... then back again.... then over again.... its like he is trying to ride on the lane divider, but cannot ride along the line, so flip flop across the line ... [:(]

this type of unpredictable behaviour makes it very difficult for me to guage [:(]

I personally experienced this group of 7 or 8 schmucks on scramblers along AYE towards tuas.

They were all clustering in all 3 lanes, in middle of lanes and around cars. [shakehead]

As if to proof something, all they need is one car E brake and swerve then the lot of them will crash magnificently like bowling pins. [hur]

Bikes nice to ride in a group but don't make it hazardous for everyone else leh.

yah stupid bikers who think their bikes are so "SOLID". Why didn't they realised that that they are just flesh wrapping metal???

on the other note, i also hate those bicycles who rides on the road. Many times, we drivers have to suddenly swerve to our right to avoid banging them. In doing this, we are endangering bikers or drivers on our right.

TP should ban cyclists from cycling on the road, it is even more dangerous than bikes. Who second this?

You must ride a motorcycle to understand why the motorcyclist ride this way. [;)]

I ride and drive, so I do not want to comment on the motorcyclist riding habbit. [lipsrsealed]

But I like to point out that drivers now days have the worst driving habbit than motorcyclist. Just look around when you drive within speed limit, you will notice how other driver overtake you dangerously and yet they still curse or swear at you. [furious]

on the other note, i also hate those bicycles who rides on the road. Many times, we drivers have to suddenly swerve to our right to avoid banging them. In doing this, we are endangering bikers or drivers on our right.

TP should ban cyclists from cycling on the road, it is even more dangerous than bikes. Who second this?

Bicycles suppose to be riding on the road.

I hate bicycles riding on the pedestrain path, they think they have the right of way and we have to give way to them.

Neutral Newbie
i find young bikers like to squeeze lane more

all the ah pek stay at the left lane stay at the speed limit [drivingcar]

ever saw a crazy a pel on SLE before...

he will keep to the right of the car on the left lane... then when the car started to filter left to exit, he will speed up and over take the car from its left forcing the car to brake or miss the exit or risk hitting him...

I kenna twice on the same exit... I also saw him once doing it to another vehicle...

the funny part is... its always the same exit, and always after doing this, he will do a U-turn, along the road shoulder (ie...against the flow of traffic), back to the exit and exit from the very same exit he cut across.