Octavia A5 1.6M or Tour 1.6M?

Pandaeyes

Hi guys,

Looking at these 2 models with a budget of $80k. Need advice on these 2 models.

1) How does one differ from the other? Performance, interior.

2) What is the list price of these 2 models now?

3) How's aftersales svc?

4) Any workshops outside to service Skodas?

5) Mods available?

P.S: Don't really like the front silver metallic grill. Can change to all black? Easy?

Thanks.

Edited by Pandaeyes
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro, really getting rid of your Panda? Octavia's a gd choice regardless A4 or A5. Just like how we fall back to Alfa wkshops, Skoda can go to any VAG wkshops and parts r avail at Xinzhong.

Look under this thread "Workshops/Stockists for

Edited by Msimax

This time, I am going to be more careful. Follow passion yes, but still got to follow practicality since we are not billionaires. That's y I still looking at Conti rides cuz they have more finesse than Jap rides. Personal opinion. Though getting the Superb will be best for power but on budget too. Can tune up the Octavia anyway.

I have no doubt about the engine capabilities of Italian rides. Still love the engine of my ride. But practicability not good in terms of servicing and parts.

Hi,

1) The A5 Octavia we have in Singapore is equipped with a 1.6 MPI engine. It uses the same engine block as the A4, except that it has been modified to comply with the EU4 emission standards. The A4 is EU2 compliant. The non-exhaustive list of mechanical upgrades which are found in the A5 are as follows:

- 2 Lambda Sond sensors

- Electronic throttle

The A5 has a more trendy interior design, coupled with a more spacious rear compared to the A4.

2) Please check with the agent or Skodasales for the current prices of the different Octavia models.

3) Warranty claims are generally well-taken care of, although the replacement parts for certain non-critical components e.g. door seals, automatic gear shift can take up to 2 months to arrive. Critical components e.g. ECU will be shipped in within 5 working days.

The agent workshop charges a premium for servicing (like others). Nevertheless flexibility is granted for customers who bring in their own engine oil and pay for parts and labour.

4) CAG, Servotronic

The current stock of A4 manual is running low. 2008 shall see the complete stop to the production of the A4 model line. I would expect the new shipments to consist solely of A5. Please check with the agent or Skodasales for details.

Believe the Italian rides are very misunderstood...due to the mechanics' ignorance and trying to take people for a ride.

Anyway, i have been driving an Octy A4 for about 5 years and I have only spent till date, S$3,931 on maintenance, repairs, 2 sets of tyres..etc..The car is quite cheap to maintain.

Neutral Newbie

Octavia's a safe bet for an affordable conti which has been well establised in e EU market. But if u're seriously considering this option, don't think u should start thinking of mods again. Mods usually give u pre-mature wear & tear besides watever performance e ride might or might not gain. Just do SB enough lah. Or cosmetic mods for the VIP look? The original outlook is very executive already.

Hi guys,

Looking at these 2 models with a budget of $80k. Need advice on these 2 models.

1) How does one differ from the other? Performance, interior.

2) What is the list price of these 2 models now?

3) How's aftersales svc?

4) Any workshops outside to service Skodas?

5) Mods available?

P.S: Don't really like the front silver metallic grill. Can change to all black? Easy?

Thanks.

A4 manual, lovely engine and rev happy. Noisy above 3k rpm, when cruising. Loved it for the 4 yrs i had it. Gave me no problems for 150k km, only changed window lifter, main fan, battery and timing belt.

I drive a A5 auto (6 spd trip) instead. Very quite at 100km/h, rpm only 2.5k. Feels softer but grips well. Infact it takes corners faster than my A4 did (both are stock). I would suggest you go for the A5, it's got more up to date things on it. Better comfort without sacrificing any of the existing handling capabilities. standard stuff include areo wipers (very quiet), auto windows all around, better sound insulation, better stock speakers, wind mirror indicators.

Stuff missing from the A4: adjustable lumbar support, height adjustable seats for front passenger.

For the grill you can get stuff from MS desgin, ABT, etc etc. Or just respray it (instructions at briskoda.net). I'm tricking mine out with a rear air con and fog lights (which you can't get unless you buy the vRS).

(edited)

Sorry for my ignorance, how does a A5 and A4 look like? Do they look alike? Does A5 have a manual?

How's Czech Auto Pte Ltd's after sales? Are there any good workshops that service Skodas? Have already a very bad experience with my italian ride after sales. Not going to let this happen again.

Bottom line, how much does the A5 cost? Also, do they have the Estate version in S'pore?

Thanks. [smash]

Edited by Pandaeyes

For A5 pix: http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/sho.../gallery1.aspx#

For A4 pix: http://www.skoda.com.sg

Navigate to Showroom - Octavia Tour - Gallery for the pix. Don't ask me why SG website don't show A5. Its hopelessly obsolete.

As for after sales service, the service centre is @ Ubi. Nothing great, so-so. Any VAG workshop would be able to service Skoda - e.g. Servo & CAG

A5 costs almost 10k more than A4 but the differential might narrow now. Contact bro. Skodasales for actual pricing & stock level. Don't think there's an estate version in SG (or may have been sold off liao).

↡ Advertisement