Toyo Proxes T1R or HANKOOK RS-2

Ehonda

Neutral Newbie

need to change my tyres soon .. any bro used this 2 tyres before?

Any comment in term of dry, wet performance and comfort ... [drivingcar][drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

I am now using Toyo T1R and I would say the grip and aquaplanning is much better than my previous tyre, FireHawk Wide Oval!

My previous stock tyre was HanKook Optimo and it get hardened around 1 year so I never get back Korean tyres though I am driving a Korean car.

RS2 is street racing tyre, which means stiffer side wall and not so comfortable, noise level also on high side...

S1evo is an Ultra High Performance Tyre for driver who wants more comfort and lower noise....For street use is best...But we do put it on track too..that shows its grip level too

Any comment in term of dry, wet performance and comfort ... [drivingcar][drivingcar]

using t1r for my rear now.

only grouse, sidewall too soft.... performance wise good enough.... If i can make it back alive from Cameron Highlands this sat... then you will know it is good. [laugh]

Noise level both about the same but you will expect to have noisy when the gripping is good, T1R has lesser feedback from the road compared to Wide Oval as T1R is made of soft rubber compound compared to hard rubber compound used in Wide Oval.

Thanks. I'm in no hurry. Just checking out my next change, whether to go for V8RS or V12evo.

RS2 is excellent tyres. Depending on price, I may go back to it.smile.gif

Edited by Kb27

Neutral Newbie

using RS2 now. dry = handling good!, comfort = average, noise level high @ <80km/h, >80km/h slightly quieter. wet = handling average, but i meant who in the right mind will cheong >100km/h on rainy day? [angel]

keeee... all in all. best-bang for $:performance.

Neutral Newbie

V12 looks like a tyre that will fill the gap between V8RS & R-S2.

Hope the sidewall is stiffer than V8RS but softer than R-S2. That would be perfect for street use

As much as I love my current RS2s, I have to agree with SUNNYR76 on that.

The sidewalls are pretty soft and don't really provide much steering feedback, even with tire pressure bumped up as high as 260kpa (cold).