Battery Price

• Search this thread
282 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

Beachboys
  • Premium member
    Beachboys
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Car battery just died on me and had to activate AA to jump-start. They quoted $160 for a Aamron maintenance free and I was like !?!?!? coz I remembered should be around $80 to $100~ Heard its becoz of the lead prices increase etc and most car batteries prices are upped~

Whats the market rate now ah? Should I change @ the authorised distributor (MM) coz I happen to be going servicing tml?

Edited by Beachboys, 15 November 2007 - 09:03 PM.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

Car_guru
  • Car_guru
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi I just changed my car battery today. Yes indeed prices of car batteries have risen. Went around workshops and got quotes ranging from $120 to $150 for 45A battery. Used to be less than $100. FInally settled for one at $105. It's a green Avaron (I hope it's the correct spelling) maintenance free battery. Got it at Bt Batok. Hope this helps

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed

I paid $80 for a 55Ah YUASA maintenance free battery recently.

This is before the price hike for new batteries.

Not sure what will be the new cost.

Since you activate AA to jump-start, of coz it will be more expensive la.

Edited by Nutty, 15 November 2007 - 09:39 PM.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

Beachboys
  • Premium member
    Beachboys
    4th Gear

AA jumpstart is free (for members)~

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed

But they charge more for batteries, right?

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

Beachboys
  • Premium member
    Beachboys
    4th Gear

not sure, prbo which is why I am checking with pple out here now? actually the $160 quoted is after discount (for members)~

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

Hosaybo
  • Hosaybo
    4th Gear

Wow... the price really steep.

Few mths ago got the amoron bat from CAS for 90+++
Guess inflation really seting in. shakehead.gif

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

Yes, price has went up by 50% for batteries and 10-20% for tyres... sweatdrop.gif

Why dun you try Nam Wah to see if can get better price? They are the distributor for Amaron batteries.

www.namwah.com.sg

Edited by Fcw75, 16 November 2007 - 12:30 AM.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

Picanto
will OPC car battery last longer than those of a normal car?

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed

As a rule of thumb, if you find your ride struggling to start up often in the morning, then it's time to change battery.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    4th Gear

For OPC, the battery lifespan is determined by the usage.. . infrequent use and short distance driving is bad for the battery.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:39 PM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    6th Gear

[reply]
Why dun you try Nam Wah to see if can get better price? They are the distributor for Amaron batteries.

http://www.namwah.com.sg [/quote]
I find Nam Wah price for Amaron not the cheapest, despite them being the distributor...

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

Beachboys
  • Premium member
    Beachboys
    4th Gear

just got my new battery @ MM, $130 incl of labour~

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:30 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged

Not necessary so, short distant or less km travelled will also means the battery charging time is also shorter
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:35 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious

not sure, prbo which is why I am checking with pple out here now? actually the $160 quoted is after discount (for members)~

==========================

A fren just changed his battery when AA came to jump start his car. He paid $160 for a Amaron 60ah maint free battery.

Since it's a company car & his company wil foot the bill he don't bother about the price. wink.gif

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:15 AM

Picanto
$160 is a completet rip off. why does AA charge such exhorbitant price?

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

Mivec79
  • Premium member
    Mivec79
    3rd Gear

i used to be an AA member and after i found out their abit more ex than otuside workshop
i stopped after one year now i rather hav a jump start cable in my car in case my batt flat

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

Mivec79
  • Premium member
    Mivec79
    3rd Gear

hi bro,
may i know where is MM?

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:47 AM

Kb27
  • Kb27
    Turbocharged

AA also must make money.

Think all the calls to jump start battery don't need money?
What they are looking for is to sell battery to cover their costs and hopefully make a profit at the same time.

When a driver is caught with a dead battery, he is in the most vulnerable position. He has not much bargaining power, unlike when he goes looking around to buy a new battery.

The more ulu the place the car breakdowns, the more vulnerable he is in.

You can sell battery on the spot at a high price, and tell him, take it or leave it.

Edited by Kb27, 18 November 2007 - 10:50 AM.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged

You can sell battery on the spot at a high price, and tell him, take it or leave it.
==================

now $160 by those mobile ones are stil quite ok....4 yrs ago i was caught in exact situation and had to pay $120 plus 5% GST for a wet cell batt...really but also LL...

but i thk batt is really heng sway la....jus practice good battery preserving habits...
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users