New Car Battery Price?

Beachboys

Car battery just died on me and had to activate AA to jump-start. They quoted $160 for a Aamron maintenance free and I was like !?!?!? coz I remembered should be around $80 to $100~ Heard its becoz of the lead prices increase etc and most car batteries prices are upped~

Whats the market rate now ah? Should I change @ the authorised distributor (MM) coz I happen to be going servicing tml?

Edited by Beachboys
↡ Advertisement

Hi I just changed my car battery today. Yes indeed prices of car batteries have risen. Went around workshops and got quotes ranging from $120 to $150 for 45A battery. Used to be less than $100. FInally settled for one at $105. It's a green Avaron (I hope it's the correct spelling) maintenance free battery. Got it at Bt Batok. Hope this helpssmile.gifsmile.gif

I paid $80 for a 55Ah YUASA maintenance free battery recently.

This is before the price hike for new batteries.

Not sure what will be the new cost.

Since you activate AA to jump-start, of coz it will be more expensive la.

Edited by Nutty

Yes, price has went up by 50% for batteries and 10-20% for tyres... [sweatdrop]

Why dun you try Nam Wah to see if can get better price? They are the distributor for Amaron batteries.

www.namwah.com.sg

Edited by Fcw75

not sure, prbo which is why I am checking with pple out here now? actually the $160 quoted is after discount (for members)~

==========================

A fren just changed his battery when AA came to jump start his car. He paid $160 for a Amaron 60ah maint free battery.

Since it's a company car & his company wil foot the bill he don't bother about the price. [;)]

i used to be an AA member and after i found out their abit more ex than otuside workshop

i stopped after one year now i rather hav a jump start cable in my car in case my batt flat