New Car Battery Price?

Beachboys

Neutral Newbie

Hmm...you too?

I bargain for $95. [laugh]

haha... i got the contacts from u..u post at hyundai forum b4 :D i say someone buy at 95..he say ok .. btw i cash and carry..if u bring ur old batt to him, got another $5 rebate

↡ Advertisement

In my dictionary, only original VARTA or HOPPECKE-TENAX brand from Germany. Singapore mainly sell those manufactured in China [shakehead]

Reason is simple : there is more pure virgin lead content and construction quality is confirm strongest [thumbsup]

However, be prepare to pay at least 2.5 to 3 times more than your average battery price. [sweatdrop]

Or alternatively you can consider using the nanopulser conditioner device.

Introduced my kaki to use this year and his 19 month amaron battery still full CCA [shocked]

Just measured with the distributor according to him...

my sister's getz (my former car) stock delkor died a few days shy of the car's 3rd yr. the nanopulser had been on board for almost a year by then.

problem is, i don't think she is sensitive to the signs of dying batt. so end up the nanopulser seller, ian, and I went to 'rescue' her car by jump starting it.

based on my personal experience, i cannot say for sure that this product actually works. also using it on my combo's stock varta batt which is coming to 3 yrs old also.

If i'm not mistaken, Delkor style are mainly sealed battery without any 'holes' to check water level or replace lost fluids?

Since its been 3 years (almost), I think you have already had a bargain [laugh]

My guess is that either battery fluid is below minimum in the cells or internal short.

Hard to say if nanopulser works or not without knowing what condition the subject battery is in.... [confused]

So far, my amaron has no problems for 30 months with nanopulser. Check fluid level and is still full [nod]

All 4 family cars still going strong with nanopulser [thumbsup]

have u all ever wondered,

why seldom see a lexus having battery problems?

i've seen jap/kor/chn etc cars stranded in carparks cos battery flat.

but i never see the luxurious brands having such problems before

is it becos they have alternative battery to crank?

have u all ever wondered,

why seldom see a lexus having battery problems?

i've seen jap/kor/chn etc cars stranded in carparks cos battery flat.

but i never see the luxurious brands having such problems before

is it becos they have alternative battery to crank?

Its because they have luxury service to come serve them when flat [:|]

There is no alternative battery for lexus. Except for certain continental brands, some use dual battery system. one for starting and one for auxiliary onboard [dizzy]

Same as battery bug promoted last time by a forummer. Whats the point? [shakehead]

One year battery still die, two years battery still die....

No direct cost savings, just an indicator.

Doesn't run real time, unlike battery bug.

Edited by Smhomie

Ahh, I see u missed the device's purpose liao - it's to tell in advance the battery going mati soon, so you better take action fast. Otherwise, suay suay u end up with these jia-lak sea-nario

- call AA to change, get charged extra for new battery,

- running late for work or appt,... [dead]

- worse still, go with lady boss to meet client but find your car bay-start, cannot go.. :wacko:

- lagi worse, if on Saturday nite with hot date, ready to go but car cannot start [laugh][bigcry]

btw, i not working for the powercheck company, hor,.. just letting bros noe got this product only.. I install in my car liao.. happy with it - got many different colors to choose to fit in the interior somemore,.. [:)]

As you have mentioned correctly, it merely indicates when battery is weak or may not start the car...... but your scenarios are EXACTLY when the alarm bells may ring and its too late [dizzy]

As I understand from the install brochure, it does not indicate anything when you are in park mode or engine off status/without key. Only when the key is at ACC ON position or crank, then it operates.

That means you also may have warning or cannot start when you are 1) going to work or running late 2) about to leave office with your colleagues and bosses 3) going for your hot date [:|]

For alternator problem, it is standard for ALL cars to have the icon on the dashboard that does the job. It warns the owner when alternator is overcharging or undercharging, plus it is rare for alternator to be damaged over its lifetime. It has its own unique operating parameters.

For powercheck or diagnostics, they don't seem to understand the post-2004 alternator charging system [shakehead]

I did not miss its purpose, I discount its purpose.

If you like accessorizing your car with colors and lights, it should be nice.

I could go on to list the weak links on such a system but why should I?

Question is that can the battery be used to the very end 'last crank' before going dead next time round or should I base on warning lights, then go spend money each time it happens?

Seems my money and fear would be at the mercy of the blinking lights [rolleyes]

Edited by Smhomie

Changed battery for $96 (after 20% discount for changing set of 4 K415 14" tires) at Hankook Sembawang.

Does the 20% discount applies only for chaning tires?

For me its oklah for $160 coz if u go to an agent its about the same price.For you the batt is sent to you and installed by AA staff rather than you drive up to agent and wait for your turn.Next time check up on your vehicle if you sense something wrong.

my batt already 34mths old and i plan to change it mths ago........... hope it can tong till my next service date (already 11K+...) which is 23th/nov......exactly 1 week to go....hehehe.... if it fail within this week, i'm going to bet huge $$$ on 4D for my ride number.............. [laugh]

seemed like alot of ppl are having alot of problems with the batteries.... lucky i still stick to my wet batteries... my group of frens all have changed to drycells & they keep getting flat. almost all have replaced it atleast twice.

its suppossed to be maint free rite??? but how come 1-2yrs need to buy new set??? mine i only top up water once a month even that the bottle of batt water cost $1 oso cannot finish.

seemed like alot of ppl are having alot of problems with the batteries.... lucky i still stick to my wet batteries... my group of frens all have changed to drycells & they keep getting flat. almost all have replaced it atleast twice.

its suppossed to be maint free rite??? but how come 1-2yrs need to buy new set??? mine i only top up water once a month even that the bottle of batt water cost $1 oso cannot finish.

Usually wet batteries last longer than MF batteries if they are well maintained.

I just change away my stock 2.5 year old battery to Amaron Pro 70mah for $130. Change liao.. straight can feel the diff of the cranking power.

Bro wre did u change the battery..???? seemed like a good deal lei.