New Car Battery Price?

Beachboys

It's Sunday, the goods is delviered on call right away, faulty unit taken out, new unit goes into position, engine start up beautifully - all these activities need time,transportation and labour which is translated to money - should be nothing less than $55.00. Yr price of the battery is therefore competitive.

Without dispute, I have no complains about AA's service. They have been wonderful in those few times I have ever needed their service. Just not prepared for the increase in price given that the last time I used their service, I paid less than 100 bucks.

Thanks to all who commented on my issue!

P/S: What else can you ask from AA? They even let you maintain your golf handicap now at such a low price! laugh.gif

Bro... any recommendations where to change Amaron battery at a gd price? Was thinking to call CAS ? Mine stock battery coming 2 yrs liao. Thanks for sharing [;)]

i just changed mine at kranji amaron battery 45A for $90.

Talking abt Amaron battery, i remember someone posted the battery for sale at yahoo auction at jump the block price...but could not rememebr furhter deatails. U might want to check. [thumbsup]

Anyway just an affirmation, is this battery a reputable brand?

did he tell you there is 1 yrs / 20,000km warranty for the battery?

i get my batteries from my AD now, paid 100+ as they have warranty for it, and I'm lucky enough to change 1 times FOC @ 18000km.

the last time i went to 3rd party workshop to change to a $80 battery with only 3 mths 'personal' warranty. battery went weak after 9 months. [shakehead]

imho, you pay for what you get.

If one will to go back to AD, only need to pay 50% the battery retail price. I believe this is for cars under the 3 yrs warranty period, not sure is it valid beyond the 3 yrs mark.

I just replaced my 1 yr old battery. Frankly, nothing wrong with it, just felt that the battery is of very low grade, not sure will it last. With batteries price going north, I recently went to AD and make noise and got a brand new Maintenance free battery replacement. Within the 1st year, car battery is FOC, afterwhich is 50% list price.

Edited by Amazon777

Without dispute, I have no complains about AA's service. They have been wonderful in those few times I have ever needed their service. Just not prepared for the increase in price given that the last time I used their service, I paid less than 100 bucks.

Thanks to all who commented on my issue!

P/S: What else can you ask from AA? They even let you maintain your golf handicap now at such a low price! laugh.gif

do they entertain me if I am not an AA member?

Amaron so far is very reliable brand... especially their Hi-Life batteries.

I got my Amaron 16mths ago at 120 for a DIN55 60AH MF battery.

Just checked today for the same model, apparently it has gone up to 160-180!

In the end, I got a SP brand MF battery also 60Ah from my usual servicing workshop at 120.

Oh, it also came with 12mths warranty for 1-to-1 exchange.

Edited by Orac

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they will, but you will not enjoy any privilege or discount.

i.e you might have to pay for their onsite technician to go to ur place for battery replacement or jump start

I just changed to a 45 amp Amaron for $110 last week at a workshop in Bedok. Guess the price of batteries has gone up alot. Apparently, the shops are not telling you that they are also getting good prices for your used batteries.

Neutral Newbie

hi, u mention u replace yr amaron battery at kranji? where is the exact location for my future reference?

thanks [sunny]

↡ Advertisement