New Car Battery Price?

Beachboys

2 days ago just went to Kim Hoe to change. Didn't have the same capacity battery for my car, changed to a higher capacity Korean made Yusha 65AH at $135 with 6mths warranty. Prices is really ridiculously high.

↡ Advertisement

duno...the distributors mentioned the increase is due to the materials used to make batteries n the high cost of shipping due to high crude oil price....*sigh* anything that requires the use of crude oil will have its price increase

2 days ago just went to Kim Hoe to change. Didn't have the same capacity battery for my car, changed to a higher capacity Korean made Yusha 65AH at $135 with 6mths warranty. Prices is really ridiculously high.

I got a Yusha from Kim Hoe for $120 2 weeks ago. Think this is the normal/standard pricing liao. [shakehead]

70% increase due to lead prices, lead plates in old batteries are also commanding higher prices now and guess who are the ones laughing their way to the bank.

Tyres prices up as well. [:|]

Paid $160 for a new 62Ah Bosch battery in Feb this year, previous Panasonic MF cost only $60.

Edited by Garlic

Post on tyres costing 40% more,

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...g=tyre;#2401158

Quotes from a thread I started in Feb, http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarke...rted_P2243441-2

All this price increase is chop carrot head and uniquely Singapore only, lead shortage and price increase would be significant only if your battery had to use about 1 ton of lead for the plates. You have the Singapore Battery and Tire association to thank for the increases. I was in the States last year and prices of car batteries were stable, another example, Hotwheels die cast cars went up to SGD3.50 per model from SGD2.00 citing lead shortage, in US still only USD0.99 (SGD1.40)........Singapore retailers and suppliers profiteer all the way due to weak consumer association.

In fact the so called lead price increases of last year have fallen.

Wow last yr i change my YUASA wet NS60 for $65 bucks. This month I change back SAME battery model for $95. The uncle explained to me that average price has increased by 30-50%. At first I thot i dio roberted liao but no choice need change as going up north.

yea v ex nowadays...a Varta 70ah cost $195

Neutral Newbie
If U r Driving Nissan they were Offer Special Discount Rate for New Battery

Jus change a New Battery at 50% Discount

Last Battery Last 20 month [thumbsup]

-----------------------------------------

Yes I just changed mine for $52.50 excluding gst [thumbsup] . It's a bigger bat compared to the stock bat which is embarrassingly small, like half the size of normal bat. But the stock bat seems to last quite long. I changed my at end of 22 mths though it was still ok.

even your stock battery is in good condition, TC still replaced for you at half price?