Is Goodyear F1 always the best?

Kelpie

Hi all,

I often read about Goodyear F1 top in many tyres review. Aren't there any good tyres which can rival its performance, price and design? What do you think is a good match for GoodYear F1?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

straight groove like CSC2 or PS2 will give better straight line braking

softer compound will give better grip

threadwear rating does not equate to grip levels, only partially

I'm also using it..

Was previously on the Bridgestone G3...the F1 last longer and grips better, esp in the wet....in the dry it's average...it only starts to perform when wet and yes, it's a noisy tyre but i'm ok with noise...Best value for money tyre also (last time la)..

I am on the Thai made ones, 15", got them at $80 a piece...for that price, i can't find another tyre in the same class..

However, with the Thai factory burning down and manufacturing shifting to China...the tyre now isn't as good anymore..alot of complaints for the China made ones...

If you want, go for the german of japan made ones but those are almost as expensive as other good tyres...which makes the price factor gone..

For me, i'd most probably change to another tyre once i'm done with my F1....if the Thai factory still around, i confirm will stick with F1...but Japan ones are lie $150 each..i think i'd try other brands that are cheaper

When did the Thai factory burn down? Coz I just got myself a set of new Made in Thailand F1...... So now I worry whether did I get old stock?? [sweatdrop]

I have done about 400KM on this set and so far:

1. Dry grip - nothing much to shout about (similar to my old Federals 595)

2. Wet Grip - haven't really try yet

3. Noise - Even at 400KM only, noise level is already quite significant. I cannot imagine when I hit 10,000KM!

4. Price - [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I am surprised you find the Thai made ones good!

I have had the German made tyres and it was really great. Dry grip is above average but nothing to shout about really. Not great at the corners either.

Tried the Thai ones on the next set and dear oh dear, it was definitely one step down as compared to the German ones. Dry grip average at best, wet grip above average. Sidewalls oso very soft, had 3 puntures within a year. Ditched it after about 20,000km.

On Federal 615 now. Dry grip is extraordinary, wet grip is average. But price above S$200 bucks for a 17". Probably one of the best semi slicks for the price range.

I am surprised you find the Thai made ones good!

I have had the German made tyres and it was really great. Dry grip is above average but nothing to shout about really. Not great at the corners either.

Tried the Thai ones on the next set and dear oh dear, it was definitely one step down as compared to the German ones. Dry grip average at best, wet grip above average. Sidewalls oso very soft, had 3 puntures within a year. Ditched it after about 20,000km.

On Federal 615 now. Dry grip is extraordinary, wet grip is average. But price above S$200 bucks for a 17". Probably one of the best semi slicks for the price range.

But professional drifter like Chromas already mentioned he tried all sources of F1 and they are all the same. If drifter can testified that, what more can we listen to normal road drivers?

Regards,

Turbocharged

everyone have their own views. some said this is extremely good some said it's sucks. to me for normal driving this tyre is more than good enough for the price u are paying

Neutral Newbie
Hi all,

I often read about Goodyear F1 top in many tyres review. Aren't there any good tyres which can rival its performance, price and design? What do you think is a good match for GoodYear F1?

Regards,

GoodYear [thumbsup]