Anti-Roll Bars (ARB)

Emperor

So what do you guys think about the difference of Anti Roll bars... I think some of you guys who planted them on your car are singing a different song as compared previously right??? Whats your views?? Drop a line! You might want to share with those who just bought the Starlet or perhaps some who's learning more about the EP80/EP70

↡ Advertisement

just to share; ARB is a good choice for starlet. I will strongly suggest every starlet out there to install it. It helps the car to grip the road as it balance both the lower arm bar by pulling both down when making turns. You will experience a whole lot better when in wet condition.

Neutral Newbie

Does EP80 come with any ARB at all? I do not know much on this topic but someone recommended me to install rear ARBs . Question is do we need front & rear ones? [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Sorry... let me elaborate on my question .... are there front ARBs? If so, I suppose they have to be installed together with the rear ARBs right? Also, where can we find these stuff for old cars like EP80?

Hi Bro. Elaborating on your question.

The ARB's prevent the flex of the suspensions causing the car to roll intensely (hence the name anti-roll bars). So what happens here is when you take a normal turn there is a risk tendancy of the car doing a 3 wheel turn causing the rear inner wheel to lift off the ground.

The ARB however prevents this from happening. Its made of high grade tortion bars to prevent that flex and giving you grip to the ground. There are of course Front and Rear Anti-roll Bars. In fact there are more to it than just that.

We hope you can join us for meet ups to discuss this further. Which is what our meet up is for. To learn from each other. Best people to ask are, SatinePink, StarletGT, and of course our GURU Genie47.

For more info on ARBs, just try to PM StarletGT. He's king of Anti-Roll! [laugh]

i had only ARB to begin with and a bro kindly let his UR ARB go for a good deal.

to be VERY honest:

having a rear ARB feels different. the car feels more planted.

that being said, in my opinion it should work better with a softer suspension with longer travel (ie stock, koni yellows etc)

my setup is pretty hard and very short travel. so the difference is marginal, but the difference can be felt anyhoo.

so at the end of the day, it depends on what you are after.

Front ARB = induce understeer (less oversteer/more understeer)

Rear ARB = induce oversteer (less understeer/more oversteer)

if you only want to do one, most people will tell you to do the rear ARB first.

as with many other mods, u will not drastically change the car, especially at road speeds. so you can do one first and if you think u need the other later, then do that later.

keep in mind that the starlet has torsion beam axle on the rear, so the roll/sway on the rear is not as great as the front which is independent.

but having both front and rear makes the whole car feel somewhat more confident around corners.

alamak, no "need" la. Weber is not gonna give you so much HP that you need brake upgrade. mostly is cosmetic one la.

i would rather spend on ARB if you don't have one. have you made sure u dun have? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement