Anyone know where to repair deep fryer?

Boyboy

My Morphy Richards deep fryer trips the circuit breaker each time i switch it on. It's not the socket cos i tested it on the neighbouring socket for my fridge and it does the same thing.

Anyone got kang tao to repair such stuff? no warranty cos it was sitting in storage at my in-laws for abt 2 yrs or more. I used it without issues until the last time my wife cleared it. don't think she spoilt it cos she didn't wash the body, only the mesh and the oil container

anyway, when the oil container is out, the lights come on when the power is on. it only trips when the oil tank is in [:/]

my budget for repair is about $40. otherwise i might as well buy a new one and have warranty coverage too.. this piece of crap was FOC from my in-laws and it cost $200 plus or so. fry only a few times then kaput liao [furious][furious]

↡ Advertisement

You know brudder, this is becos the deep fryer was not used frequently and further more it was kept in store for 2yrs. The same goes for those oven toasters, keep too long without using and it will trip when you turn it on.

The trick is this BUT please consider carefully becos this could be dangerous.

The plug is 3 pin right? Plug it into a 2 pin adaptor and volia! it should work fine.

I tried this with my toaster and it worked!

PLEASE CHECK BEFORE YOU TRY THIS! BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY [nod]

It could be the electrical power cable that's damaged. Like wear and tear or bitten by mice.

Can you trace the entire power cable for any tear or exposed wire on the coverings?

If u detect the tear on the cable, cut off the tear potion closest to the plug and rewire the 3 pin plug to the good condition portion of the cable connected to the fryer.To replace the 3 pin power plug, go to any hardware shop to buy it and buy a good qualitty sisir approved one.

This happened to my fridge once. Then i found out it was because the cable had been exposed and hence the safety feature caused the circuit breaker to trip.

Hope this helps.

Nina

u go there sell backside again?

must b different one lah... u saw him at GL lah, this one.

he say ur one beri short and cute...

[inline TXT-2004629105630734.jpg]

post-15-1198900610_thumb.jpg

my life has been shortened [shakehead]

deep fried two batches of goodies liao.. YUMMY [laugh][laugh]

currently, the metal container is live, so i switch off the fryer when it's open to load or unload food. tested with test pen liao

the live part is the part that would give quite a horrific burn anyway, so now if i touch it, i'll get burnt AND electrocuted.. not much diff [dead]

thanx to vroom for the advice, u all Happy New Year and Happy OT-ing [sly][grouphug]

↡ Advertisement