Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic | 32 praises

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

Chibibotto
  • Chibibotto
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

i understand that we need to pay like 100 bucks to use back our old number on our new car. But what abt the replacement of the old car with the new number if the car is not for scrap but into the 2nd hand market by the dealer? Do we need to pay to give it the new number?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

Jeje008
  • Jeje008
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

No need. LTA will automatically churn a new number for the old car.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:43 PM

Currypok
  • Currypok
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, actually u need to pay $1000 to retain yr current licence plate..and the new licence plate generated for yr new car will then be switched to yr old car..hope it helps..

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Evoluzio
  • Evoluzio
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

$1K for LTA to swap a few numbers? sweatdrop.gif Incredible.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

mai annie howe pom hor... pay only $120
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:22 PM

Sickscientist
  • Sickscientist
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I think he added extra '0' bah.. Intermittent surge of power... dizzy.gif

..AGREE To Disagree..

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

sorry guys, LTA as with everything else has increased price ....

to retain no. plate to NEW car -> $300
to retain no. plate to USED car -> $1,300 !

i found out the hard way when i bought a used car and retained my no. plate... ouch
New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

HO SEI

more good years for PAP!!!!

Huat Arh!!!
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

Mok_
  • Mok_
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

so many contradicting figures.

just checked onemotoring, still the same.

$100 for number retention to be used on new car.

http://www.onemotori...cle_number.html

Edited by Mok_, 29 December 2007 - 08:26 PM.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:11 PM

Sickscientist
  • Sickscientist
    5th Gear
    Author Image

So which one is it???

..AGREE To Disagree..

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:25 PM

Achtung
  • Premium member
    Achtung
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi, what u said is grossly inaccurate.

For new cars, u pay a S$100 (increased to 300 now?). For numbers swap between two EXISTING cars, the price is S$1,300.

If u are holding on the number plate after u scrap ur car and ur new car is not here, u pay S$1300 first and when ur new car comes, S$1200 will be refunded.

Been there, done that.

Hi, actually u need to pay $1000 to retain yr current licence plate..and the new licence plate generated for yr new car will then be switched to yr old car..hope it helps..

Edited by Achtung, 29 December 2007 - 10:25 PM.

If you cannot differentiate a TP from an LTA officer, you ain't a car enthusiast.

Have you come here to play Jesus, to the Lepers in your head? U2 - One

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

When did they increase from $100 to $300? Wah liao eh, don't tell me flour price increase, they also increase fees sweatdrop.gif.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

Chibibotto
  • Chibibotto
    1st Gear
    Author Image

So we no need to pay for the new number on the old car when we sell? Then think can retain my number if only 100 bucks...else if need to pay extra 1300, dont think worth it...Thanks to all for the reply :)

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

pai seh, see wrongly. retain no. plate for NEW cars -> still $100 .......

i learnt my lesson, i shall never retain my no. plate on USED vehicle. its damn frustrating & heart pain to see the LTA auntie punch in some stuff on her keyboard, out comes a letter in less than 3 mins ....for $1300 !!!

Edited by Othello, 30 December 2007 - 11:12 AM.

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ur old car will take over ur new car's no.

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just for fun - to swap no. plates between 2 cars - > $2600. I think this is stuper unjustified. With that money, I can pay for 2 admin girls to do all the admin work for a month to do ALL the work needed for 30 cars man !!!!!

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

Bibimonky
  • Bibimonky
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

With $1300, u could have bidded the same number, if not nicer number!! That is why car number cannot be too horrible cos ban dang pple wun buy ur car when u sell...

sorry guys, LTA as with everything else has increased price ....

to retain no. plate to NEW car -> $300
to retain no. plate to USED car -> $1,300 !

i found out the hard way when i bought a used car and retained my no. plate... ouch

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

Amazon777
  • Amazon777
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I sold my car no. to a Ferrari owner at $5K. I went to LTA with the buyer to effect the transfer. I had to absorb the $1.3K admin fee as it was transferred to his existing Ferrari. Had he decided to use the car no. to register for a new car within a 1 yr time frame, LTA wil refund to him $1.2K, thus equate to $100 new car plate retention fee. My own car was generated a random no. by LTA. Afterwhich, the car was scrapped. Till now, I still feel sore, did I sell the number cheap as effectively, I only gain $3.7K, but I paid $5K for it initially. The car number ends with a "X" but has very nice suffix and repeated no.

Edited by Amazon777, 30 December 2007 - 12:45 PM.

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:18 PM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Normally u agreed the price of the plate with the buyer. All additional fee is paid by the buyer.

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

Chibibotto
  • Chibibotto
    1st Gear
    Author Image

But why is it not him who pay the 1300 as it is to replace his existing car and not yours mah...u sell the number on an agreed price of 5k..how he want to use it is his pasah mah..if he is using it on an old car...then ofcos he pay mah..no?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users