Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

Ben123
  • Ben123
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am still hanging on to my 6 yr old Daewoo Lanos due to $$ consideration. Had a radiator leak recently at the outlet of the radiator plastic cover (connection to water outlet hose cracked). Was told I only need to replace the plastic cover due to prolonged heat exposure while the radiator can still be savaged. Problem is parts are hard to find especially for Daewoo. I am seeking help from fellow motorists who may know of any radiator repair contacts. I have driven to 3 such shops and they all could not help. Even the agent has no stock and I need to wait at least a month. Can anyone offer any assitance? Thanks.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

tell starauto u pay for DHL lor.
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

Krazz77
  • Krazz77
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Maybe you wanna try SongYi at verasamy rd. They are the parts stockist for Hyundai and Chevy (ex-Daewoo) parts. Go to www.teamchevysg.com and search for song yi's address/contact.
-----------------------------------------------
Volkswagen Air-cooled -- Simplicity at its best.
carpczone blog
http://carpczone.blogspot.com/

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

guud job

SongYi Auto Trading
Address : Blk 637 Veerasamy Road #01-119 Telephone : 6297 3700 Services: Car Parts
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

DIY the repair with 2 compound liquid steel/epoxy resin cement

Attached Thumbnails

• JB weld.jpg

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

Picanto
better leave it to the pros.

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:10 AM

Mivec9
  • Mivec9
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

have u try those scrapyards or spare part shops? pm me if u need help
Nuvi with MSM NT 2011.40|Ralliart 15" |Alpine 9886|Alpine 4 channel Amp| 12" JBL Sub|Db Polk Audio Compo|Plasma Xenon|Osram Silverstar|Pivot VS|Stebel Magnum II|Front Strut Bar|Amaron PRO|Simota SS|

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:10 AM

Mivec9
  • Mivec9
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes i saw it cost less 10 bucks sold outside
Nuvi with MSM NT 2011.40|Ralliart 15" |Alpine 9886|Alpine 4 channel Amp| 12" JBL Sub|Db Polk Audio Compo|Plasma Xenon|Osram Silverstar|Pivot VS|Stebel Magnum II|Front Strut Bar|Amaron PRO|Simota SS|

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

DIY the repair with 2 compound liquid steel/epoxy resin cement

can it last ????

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Dchahs
  • Dchahs
    Clutched
    Author Image

Go to the radiator shop in jb, they can manage to do
Cheap and good.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Cheap and good.

as in repair ??? cheap is hw cheap ?? can last ????????

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

RoadTricks
  • RoadTricks
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

as in repair ??? cheap is hw cheap ?? can last ????????

Depends.If you go to recognized workshops (not thoz pop-up and den closed down like 2 mnths!), like Viz Works Autolab or Torque Racing, both at Permas Jaya, they will even give you warranty.These are workshops that go for seasonal Sepang trackdays.Prices compared to fellow JB shops, expensive.But compared to here in SG, cheaper.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Depends.If you go to recognized workshops (not thoz pop-up and den closed down like 2 mnths!), like Viz Works Autolab or Torque Racing, both at Permas Jaya, they will even give you warranty.These are workshops that go for seasonal Sepang trackdays.Prices compared to fellow JB shops, expensive.But compared to here in SG, cheaper.

u repaired b4 ?? depends on how much it cost and how reliable the repair work done. aluminium radiators nowadays cost $200-300 and even cheaper in msia can get RM200+ .............i ever repair a leaking bike radiator by modifying the damaged fins and change to copper fins..only main external frame structure is re-use..cost me $300sing

Edited by YEN96, 14 June 2011 - 09:43 PM.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

RoadTricks
  • RoadTricks
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

u repaired b4 ?? depends on how much it cost and how reliable the repair work done. aluminium radiators nowadays cost $200-300 and even cheaper in msia can get RM200+ .............i ever repair a leaking bike radiator by modifying the damaged fins and change to copper fins..only main external frame structure is re-use..cost me $300sing

not repaired b4...replaced the whole radiator with Forged Racing, cost me bout Rm 1500, plus installation.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

not repaired b4...replaced the whole radiator with Forged Racing, cost me bout Rm 1500, plus installation.

not cheap leh !! u can get koyo radiators local for $600...also abt same price ...u bought ffrom permas there ...i can modify my radiator and aircon system for ard RM1000

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

RoadTricks
  • RoadTricks
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

not cheap leh !! u can get koyo radiators local for $600...also abt same price ...u bought ffrom permas there ...i can modify my radiator and aircon system for ard RM1000

sorry forget to mentioned!!!!plus servicing using Lucas sae 30, changed timing belt set and water pump.sorry!!!!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Mr_w124
  • Premium member
    Mr_w124
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Dont think a radiator would cost alot bro. my radiator was 180 from stockist. Diy myself to replace. but do it somewhere where u can drain the coolant off properly. if not toxic water would be spreading around. check with your stockist. mine was brand new radiator btw.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if slight leak can be repair and last ??? anyone try b4 ? but pls no epoxy or wat...proper patch weld repair or something ???

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Panelcraft_auto
  • Panelcraft_auto
    1st Gear
    Author Image

TS: the plastic can be melded with epoxy like YeoBH suggested. Just take care to mix correctly and sand down the area properly before applying. If not sure, bring to me, I do for you.

As for welding repair of radiators, yes we have people doing that. If need help can PM me.

Regards
www.panelcraftauto.com
Mon - Sat 9am to 5.30pm Tel: 65562460
Credit cards accepted. Citibank 0% installment available (6 / 12 mths)

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Cheap and good.

not cheap and not tat gd also leh......patch n laboour RM1xx ..coolant use back..test liao after repair ok but after a while, minor leak again....Not recommended to repair aluminium radiator leh

Edited by YEN96, 18 June 2011 - 04:44 PM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Radiator, Repair, good, lobang and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users