Radiator Repair - Any good lobang/contact nos?

Ben123

Neutral Newbie

I am still hanging on to my 6 yr old Daewoo Lanos due to $$ consideration. Had a radiator leak recently at the outlet of the radiator plastic cover (connection to water outlet hose cracked). Was told I only need to replace the plastic cover due to prolonged heat exposure while the radiator can still be savaged. Problem is parts are hard to find especially for Daewoo. I am seeking help from fellow motorists who may know of any radiator repair contacts. I have driven to 3 such shops and they all could not help. Even the agent has no stock and I need to wait at least a month. Can anyone offer any assitance? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Maybe you wanna try SongYi at verasamy rd. They are the parts stockist for Hyundai and Chevy (ex-Daewoo) parts. Go to www.teamchevysg.com and search for song yi's address/contact.

Neutral Newbie

as in repair ??? cheap is hw cheap ?? can last ????????

Depends.If you go to recognized workshops (not thoz pop-up and den closed down like 2 mnths!), like Viz Works Autolab or Torque Racing, both at Permas Jaya, they will even give you warranty.These are workshops that go for seasonal Sepang trackdays.Prices compared to fellow JB shops, expensive.But compared to here in SG, cheaper.

Neutral Newbie

u repaired b4 ?? depends on how much it cost and how reliable the repair work done. aluminium radiators nowadays cost $200-300 and even cheaper in msia can get RM200+ .............i ever repair a leaking bike radiator by modifying the damaged fins and change to copper fins..only main external frame structure is re-use..cost me $300sing

not repaired b4...replaced the whole radiator with Forged Racing, cost me bout Rm 1500, plus installation.

Neutral Newbie

not cheap leh !! u can get koyo radiators local for $600...also abt same price ...u bought ffrom permas there ...i can modify my radiator and aircon system for ard RM1000

sorry forget to mentioned!!!!plus servicing using Lucas sae 30, changed timing belt set and water pump.sorry!!!!

Neutral Newbie

Dont think a radiator would cost alot bro. my radiator was 180 from stockist. Diy myself to replace. but do it somewhere where u can drain the coolant off properly. if not toxic water would be spreading around. check with your stockist. mine was brand new radiator btw.

TS: the plastic can be melded with epoxy like YeoBH suggested. Just take care to mix correctly and sand down the area properly before applying. If not sure, bring to me, I do for you.

As for welding repair of radiators, yes we have people doing that. If need help can PM me.

Regards

Neutral Newbie

Can get KOYORAD brand from Evercool Trading Company, they are the main distributor in Singapore.

KOYORAD are from Japan and also have others from Taiwan too which is cheaper.

You can call them at 6453 3744 or 9747 6115

Ermmm I think you better change the new Radiator with Aluminium , the quality is good. 

Can call Evercool Trading Company, they have the KOYORAD brand made in Japan

Number to call: 6453 3744 or 9747 6115

Neutral Newbie

I have just repaired my Ssangyong Musso radiator and it did not cost me a lot.

Other places have quote me like $600 or more which I find stupid.

I went to Eric from Goh Lee Wah Automobile in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2.

Some people think that I am advert for him but let me tell you the truth, he don't need this repairs or replacement business.

He is a supplier with his own manufacturer in China for radiators and he supplied to many car shops in Singapore.

My musso was repaired on Saturday (5 Aug 2017) after waiting for a month for my radiator which Eric kindly ordered for me.

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement