Cars with rear flat floor

Adwin

Rear flat floor is indeed a great invention by Honda... and now others are following the trend...but 1 think to note though... rear flat floor is achieved by moving the fuel tank to underneath the driver/passenger seats.... so quite scary... [laugh] ... but then now cars are so well protected with self-sealing tanks...again just a thought..

Actually find it quite funny. When Honda 1st came out with real flat floor, their competitors would comment that it is a lousy idea and the cause to why Honda cars would split into half in an accident. Now their competitors are copying this "lousy" idea. Most of the cars are shifting their plastic fuel tanks underneath the seats whether they have real flat floor or not leh.

Regards,

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i think providing your budget would be better for people to give you an idea on what is a good car. When you are ferrying 4 person, are the your family with kids or mainly collegue or customers?

but consider the price, consumption would also be important.

I'm driving a stream and the cabin space is good.

Vios is not too bad as compared to the previous model which have a smaller cabin space. But if all 4 are adults, might be a bit too cramp.

Honda Airwave is spacious also and the rear seats can be flatten down to be used as a van to deliver goods.

Camry or accord are bigger bu cost wise are even higher..

Try walking around showroom and see what you really need. Advice from other people might not be what you want. Perhaos you should narrow down your choices and ask for comments here to understand more.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Digging up this thread for some discussion.

Anyone can share some information? So far i only notice civil, CRV and Harrier ( the older version).

I ran through the whole SgCarMart page looking around already (done some work before I asked here)...LOL

Anyone can share some information? So far i only notice civil, CRV and Harrier ( the older version).

I ran through the whole SgCarMart page looking around already (done some work before I asked here)...LOL

I think most Hondas comes with flat floors.

Maybe Lexus ES???

• Praise 2

(edited)

I think Toyota passenger cars are also having rear almost flat floors as well ie Altis, Vios and even Camry. One thing I'm sure of is that none of the Conti cars have this feature but I understand the main reason is cos they are RWD?

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

I think most Hondas comes with flat floors.

Maybe Lexus ES???

Accord is confirm not, I checked that already.

Lexus ES maybe I should check it out. Thanks..

(edited)

I think Toyota passenger cars are also having rear almost flat floors as well ie Altis, Vios and even Camry. One thing I'm sure of is that none of the Conti cars have this feature but I understand the main reason is cos they are RWD?

B class is FWD and rear is almost flat. Camry "hump" is higher c/w b class. So not al conti high hump Edited by scm292
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think most conti MPVs are flat floored, but I not looking into that segment...LOL

Camry not flat, but the hump is relatively low, Vios too small for my family, new Altis did not cross my mind...

Turbocharged

B class is FWD and rear is almost flat. Camry "hump" is higher c/w b class. So not al conti high hump

I was at C&C about 2 months back, no B class display, maybe I should check it out a gain...

I think most conti MPVs are flat floored, but I not looking into that segment...LOL

Camry not flat, but the hump is relatively low, Vios too small for my family, new Altis did not cross my mind...

Murano? Latio also quite low.

• Praise 2

I was at C&C about 2 months back, no B class display, maybe I should check it out a gain...

2 months ago, the previous model displayed on 2nd floor.

Now the FL model display on ground floor. Both style n urban on display.

• Praise 1

No need to guess. As long as there are options for AWD or are already RWD there will be a hump to accommodate the drive shaft. So left with most FWD cars w/o the option of AWD will have a flat floor.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

2 months ago, the previous model displayed on 2nd floor.

Now the FL model display on ground floor. Both style n urban on display.

2nd floor the car doors all locked, hardly can get any assistance also...LOL

Didn't go up to 2nd floor anyway, maybe I go check it out next week...Thanks

• Praise 2

Mazda 5? I believe it's flat/almost flat.

There's barely any evidence of the transmission tunnel or 'hump' as we like to call it.

I had a Forester previously - that one the 'hump' super high.

Pity you're not looking to go for conti MPVs as my current S-Max is also flat.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Mazda 5? I believe it's flat/almost flat.

There's barely any evidence of the transmission tunnel or 'hump' as we like to call it.

I had a Forester previously - that one the 'hump' super high.

Pity you're not looking to go for conti MPVs as my current S-Max is also flat.

Not looking at the MPV segment bro, so mazda 5 is not in consideration..

I did considered the S-Max after doing some homework, but regent motor has got no cars to see, or even to sell. That is when I was there 2 months back, don't know about now...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4