Value for money 17" UHP tyres? Which is your choice?

Kelpie

Hi Guys,

1. I'm sure you have something in mind that you have either positive experience or perception on a particular brand and model when come to a value for money 17" Ultra High Performance (UHP) tyre.

2. So far I've gathered that Goodyear Eagle F1 remain a popular choice in local market as a UHP due not only of its price tag but also its consistently good review in car magazines and tire centric websites.

3. So come share your experience and the cost.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

F1 tyres are only really good for your money if German made otherwise they are a waste of time. Tried it on same make of car with 2 very different results. Not sure if they are in the UHP category though.

On RE001 at the moment. Good mix of wet and dry. Think its better in the dry than F1 but worse of in heavy rain or standing water in the wet.

Just to have a feel of the price and rough guide, how much do you pay for you 17" RE001?

Thanks.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

for UHPT range, these would be my considerations :

- F1 (yes, only made in germany, forget the Thai & China as both CMI)

- RE050A

- RE070

- Mich PS2

- Pirelli P Zero Nero

- Hankook R-s2

- Hankook S1 Evo

Looking at the prices of the tyres, I'm left with only 3 :

- S1 Evo (streetable, quiet, comfy, great in dry & wet)

- R-s2 (more harecore, fantastice dry, great wet grip, downside is noise)

- F1 Germany (Fantastic wet, good dry but little vague with some understeer at the limit, wears out way too fast)

The BS, Mich & Pirelli are just too ex.

Neutral Newbie

Drove a flend Euro R with RE001, dry is good but not imprressed with the wet grip, doesn't like heavy rain & puddles.

keen to try hankook tyres.....hear good things about the Rs2 tyres, they seem to be very durable.. is S1 evo a new tire, wonder how much for 17inch ?

Neutral Newbie

Agree wif u, thats why I think its pretty good as a dry tyre but only so so in tropical downpour and puddles. Still not too bad if its not too heavy rain.

Now 17" F1s seems only to be available in Made In China ones and you can get it at about 120 from shops

I think you can give it a miss

In term of pricing, a value for money tyre should be around $120 for a 17"? What do you think is a fair price for a made in Thailand F1? Thanks.

Regards,

Bro, what i mean is a 17" F1 Made In China ones is quite a steal liao considering that it is a Goodyear Eagle F1 though not Made In Germany ... [:p]

But the performance is not up to par with those Made In Germany ones according to feedback [gossip][gossip][gossip]

But if you don't mind the country of origin then can go for it ... [:)]

But as for me, i'll sure give it a miss [;)]

I see, so what do you think a value for money 17" tyre should cost us regardless of its origin?

Regards,

Okie .. that's interesting cos I thot prices wld have gone up .. and 17" shd be around $150-180 esp UHP ones ...

Thanks.