Lorries and Vans on 2nd lanes of expressway?

Mica_blue

I wonder whether the traffic rules has changed lately

Are Lorries and Vans allowed to take 2nd lanes of the expressway?

I encounter many of them driving <70 km/h ,hogging the 2nd lanes during the evenings on PIE .

Are they contributing to the congestion ?!

Edited by Mica_blue
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Well, if the traffic on that lane is travelling less than 70km/hr, the van is not hogging. And looking at that picture, I can't tell whether there is a gap in front of the van. If traffic is heavy and everyone is travelling slow, I don't see a problem if the vehicle is keeping up with the traffic condition. And in your picture, the bus is tavelling in the 3rd lane so if I were the van, I would not wanna travel behind the bus which has a limit of 60km/hr.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, TS edited his initial post and removed the picture. He posted a picture of a van in lane 2 as an example of what he meant by hogging but the picture shows really heavy traffic with a bus on lane 3 next to the so called "hogging" van with no gaps in any of the lanes shown in front of that van.

I wonder whether the traffic rules has changed lately

Are Lorries and Vans allowed to take 2nd lanes of the expressway?

I encounter many of them driving <70 km/h ,hogging the 2nd lanes during the evenings on PIE .

Are they contributing to the congestion ?!

Traffic rules states that lorries and vans are allowed to be on any lanes for overtaking but they must not be obstructing the cars behind....

go interprete it yourself.... cause i think the rule abit wayang leh..

I got high beamed by a vehicle about 2 nights back on BKE after Dairy Farm road... I was thinking it's a car so I moved to lane 2... KNN this maroon combi just zoomed past me... I was already 90km/h plus liao...