How to check if a car's handicap sticker is real? (parking in handicap lot)

Chucky2007

Hi, i have a neighbour who always park in a handicap lot, none of the drivers looks handicap, her car got a handicap sticker but just a blue wheelchair sticker with no car number written. i notice most handicap stickers have the car plate written on it. i am thinking if her handicap sticker is not really a handicap sticker.. anyway i can verify? or any number or website i can check?

Edited by Chucky2007
↡ Advertisement

cheapest way is to wait for the driver to return to the car

then again the suppose driver may turn around when challenged that he is helping his handicap friend to move the car

why bother

call the police

the police is paid to do their job and not just to look after MIW only

Neutral Newbie

The other I called the number on the board . Think its HDB came in few times summon the vehicle.. then i emailed them saying they still parking at the handicapped slot, which is a hinderance coz I see pple on wheelchair using it. The so called ic replied and said can check with disabled society which I din . After that the person still cont to park in the disabled slot when all the passengers are young and able to walk. So I dun know the zhen fu is doing [thumbsdown]

There one ride with handicap label at my MSCP.

I have seen him limping to his car many times.

If the driver does not look handicap, maybe the label is registered under his dad or mom's name, who is handicapped?

just curious ... how to qualify for that lot ?? cosz i too hv seen able-bodied persons driving + parking in that lot too.

eg driver hv to be handicap ? immed family members ? old parents on wheel chair ??

Any1 gone thru the application process ?

mice

Class 1 and Class 2 Parking Labels are available to people with disabilities and people who may be responsible for transporting them.

- Class 1 Parking Labels: for disabled drivers

- Class 2 Parking Labels: for family members and care givers of disabled people

The car sticker is available to people forced to use wheelchairs, crutches, walking frame/stick or prosthesis for mobility. The label is for their use only, in HDB and URA carparks.

All applications for new labels and renewals should be sent to the DIRC as follows:

1 Tampines Central 5

#08-01/02,

CPF Building

Singapore 529508

Tel: 1800 347 2222 or NCSS: 6210 2505

Fax: 6787 8576

[email protected]

http://singapore.angloinfo.com/r.asp?http:...sability.org.sg

Members of the Handicap Welfare Association (HWA) can get their parking labels through that organisation.

Disabled lot also need to display coupons la.

If no need, I'm sure some drivers will try to play with the system to get free parking.

For class 1, yes, only driver allowed to drive.

But how to ensure that?

There was a case in Marine Parade whereby Residents took the law into their own hands and scratched the car of a poor lady who did not LOOK handicap but is really handicap.

Handicap does not refer to simply someone who lost their limps or visible defects....

Hi, i have a neighbour who always park in a handicap lot, none of the drivers looks handicap, her car got a handicap sticker but just a blue wheelchair sticker with no car number written. i notice most handicap stickers have the car plate written on it. i am thinking if her handicap sticker is not really a handicap sticker.. anyway i can verify? or any number or website i can check?

just curious ... how to qualify for that lot ?? cosz i too hv seen able-bodied persons driving + parking in that lot too.

eg driver hv to be handicap ? immed family members ? old parents on wheel chair ??

Any1 gone thru the application process ?

mice

my brother got his application thru Handicap Welfare Association (HWA)..

Edited by Nhrisuzu

its a lot of convenience with that handicap sticker.. car parks are readily available almost everywhere, anywhere.

it is convenience for those who need the convenience.. not for normal people to have this convenience..

imagine u walk down 3 storeys at a MSCP when u have crutches in hand and ur leg muscles so weak to climb up stairs.. [:/]

Mind your own business la... eat full not shi.t to defecate

↡ Advertisement