• Reply to this topic
1239 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:20 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi.. I guess it will be good for me briefly describe the application method in case you have forgotten..

Step 1 Part no #901 shampoo
This shampoo is really foamy..A cap for a big pail of water..If you intend to claybar..go for 2 caps to have more lub..Do not follow instruction..3 caps for a gallon.. You will have foam party..

After washing and rinsing your car.. Dry with a waffle weave or the drying towel you have.. For waffle weave user..each time before you use..soak into water..dry it and you can start drying the car.

Step 2 Part no #101 / #501 polish
Use a micro-fiber applicator..dam applicator with a bit of water..Apply polishes on to applicators.. a size of a 10cent coin is good enough..Apply onto panel..Thin layer.. hazy and cloudy effect is good enough..Avoid circular direction.. Need not use too force to apply unless for stuborn stains.. Apply whole car and wait for 5 minsto haze and you can start buffing off with a MF cloth.

Step 3 #601 PBA
This step is applicable to those using PBA..if you are not using it..You can proceed to step 4. For PBA..it is very transparent..you may not see the hazy or cloudy effect..Thin layer will do..Need not dam applicators with water..

Step 4 Part no #105
Use a micro-fiber applicator..dam applicator with a bit of water..Apply on to applicators.. a size of a 10cent coin is good enough..Apply onto panel..Thin layer... cloudy and hazy effect is good enough.. Haze for about 10 mins and you can start buffing off..

If you wish to apply #951 aquawax.. you may do so but not for #521 or #921 quick detailer.. Quick detailer comes in between washes or for fresh water spot..tree sap or bird poo..

If you have both #951 and #521 .. Use #951 weekly or bi-weekly..for daily use will be #521/#921 quick detailer..If you intend to have a coat of #951 aquawax..you can use #521/#921 QD to clean up surface and proceed to #951 aquawax..If you do not intend to use #951 AW.. Simply go round with QD will do.. Just remember #951 is alway the last step...

Take note..For #951 aquawax.. the result will be better after when is cure..some of use have notice the different on the following day..

Tips
Instead of dam applicators with water for #105..Spray a bit of #951 Aquawax on applicators or panel first follow by applying #105..hehe..dun ask me why..try it and you might see something different.

Or after buffing away #105..you can apply #951 AW on applicator and apply on panel.. apply evenly and walk away..No buffing require.. This steps require little bit of skill..hehe.. or else you will get unbuff AW stick on the panels..

Happy detailing guys n .. feel free to discuss if you have any doubts

Edited by Maddriver, 31 January 2008 - 12:23 AM.

WebsiteDuragloss Car Care products
WebsiteOptimum Car Care products

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

Beei
  • Premium member
    Beei
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Before buffing off any wax/sealant, can spray some QD first to buff off easier? That is what I do..
The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that is even worse.

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:14 AM

Latioboy
  • Latioboy
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image

Yay! This weekend, all those who collected their stuff from me and MD, all busy doing uptheir cars alr!!

Jia you ! Kim kim for CNY !

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:00 AM

Linchong
  • Linchong
    1st Gear
    Author Image

For waffle weave user..each time before you use..soak into water..dry it and you can start drying the car.

Just to clarify... So I have to soak the cloth in water, then hang out to dry before it can be used? Or you mean that I have to soak and then squeeze out the water then use? confused.gif

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:13 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

This is also another way as long THIN layer.. very easy to buff..

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:14 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Paiseh.. soak into water..squeeze it dry and you can start to dry the car...After using..air dry will be good..do not leave it under the sun to dry

Edited by Maddriver, 31 January 2008 - 08:17 AM.

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:08 AM

Jerry
  • Premium member
    Jerry
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Step 2 Part no #101 / #501 polish
Use a micro-fiber applicator..dam applicator with a bit of water..Apply polishes on to applicators.. a size of a 10cent coin is good enough..Apply onto panel..Thin layer.. hazy and cloudy effect is good enough..Avoid circular direction.. Need not use too force to apply unless for stuborn stains.. Apply whole car and wait for 5 minsto haze and you can start buffing off with a MF cloth.

Bro,if avoid circular direction then how should we do it?Up down sequence?

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:23 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

forward and back..or vertically

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:24 AM

Jerry
  • Premium member
    Jerry
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Ok..Cant wait to get the products from you tonight so that i can start my polishing this weekend.Haha..

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

Latioboy
  • Latioboy
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Goood goood bro....
We have brought out the detailing spirit in you...
Heehee!

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:57 AM

Keen
  • Premium member
    Keen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

for 101 and 105... i understand that we apply to one panel at a time... but buff off after 5/10 mins... does it means i got to buff off that panel after 5/10 mins? or i apply to the whole then wait for 5/10 mins?

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:31 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Bro keen.. for #101..u can do panel by panel..if you apply whole car..u need nt really need to wait 10mins..I use it to prep surfaces..to clean up before #105..

For #105.. apply whole car..wait 10mins and you can starting buffing off

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

Keen
  • Premium member
    Keen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ok... thanks! is car wax a form of sealant too?

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:31 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hey bro, how about the Nu-glass #755? Do I apply it like #101 or #501? Wet applicator then put the wax on the applicator?

I realises that if I use my MF cloth, the wax will spread all around my MF cloth and I dun get much onto the windscreen. How many layers must I put?

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Linchong
  • Linchong
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Bro keen.. for #101..u can do panel by panel..if you apply whole car..u need nt really need to wait 10mins..I use it to prep surfaces..to clean up before #105..

Another newbie question.... Can #101, #501 or #521 prepare surfaces to such an extent that claybar is not necessary?

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

Fedup
  • Fedup
    Clutched
    Author Image

Bro: when's yr next visit to Tampines?
i miss out yesterday on 30/1/08.

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

Malie
  • Malie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

ups for you...will be getting 951 and 521 soon from you :)

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

Latioboy
  • Latioboy
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yes! Upz for MD!!!

Malie quick collect! CNY kim kim ride !

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

Jimhow
  • Jimhow
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

remember to take the Duragloss car decal from benny if he still got left

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:06 AM

Latioboy
  • Latioboy
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Ohhh
You need it ?

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Duragloss, Application, tips and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users