Chrysler 300C - next Taxi by SMRT

Echelon

just a proposition: why not sg adopt this system;

the taxi (vehicle) must be driver's own car, that means could be you or me, any man on the street;

the driver pay a one time outlay to convert his car to taxi; ie taxi meter, paging/comms gadget, taxi sign on top

monthly fee (small amount) to be paid to taxi company, the rest let the driver keep--thats his pay

in other words, taxi company no longer operate a fleet of vehicles, they simply do the phone operator, communications, paging for driver, admin etc;

the rest--let the taxi driver himself worry, its his own car anyway, he will know how to worry about it, cng, petrol, diesel, as he wishes, depends on what car he owns in the first place lah [thumbsup]

----of course must have some basic requirement of car, eg, 1.6 and above only (qq or kelisa need not apply please)

Just like back to the late 70s, when Yellow Top was first formed, the taxi driver IS the owner of the car.

Until corporatization kicks in and the current Yellow Top went under Comfort.

No, minimum must not be 1.6 and above. Must be 2litre and above.

nod.gif

Neutral Newbie
i was in Cologne last year, and i had the chance to sit inside a mercedes benz S class used for their taxi. its was the yellowish-beige kind of colour...

more commonly used for taxi would be the Eclass

I saw that too when I was in Europe. Amazing bc here those cars are for the rich and there they are used as Taxi's in parts.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

no la smrt bought 100 or 200 units only la and its diesel version... under their limosine services so most of the time at changi airport lah... very nice car [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

confimed... i saw one last night near sengkang... [thumbsup] ......i think it's black color and have a word "premier" at back.. ..... [:p]

• Praise 1