Car hit on side door, whose fault

Vtec78

Neutral Newbie

today is a very sad day for mi. I drove my less than 1 mth old swift to shell to pump petrol. After pumping n paying, i drove my car to the exit heading to the main road. juz as i m reaching the exit, a car came from my side n bang into my rear door (i was going straight towards the exit.) i stopped n came out to look at the damage. saw his bumper right side dented in i knew mine also gone case liao. my car damage start from rear door to rear bumper. even my advan rim kena scratches. damn heart pain as all these less than 1 mth old nia. the prob is this, he claim he gt the right of way n say i sped n cut into his way. prob is i juz move off from the pump location, how fast can i sped? mine not a TC car leh. 2ndly i will have to stop at the exit of the pump station, who in the right mind will speed when he is going to stop right? he hit mi when i was abt 5m from the exit. so from this information, whose is most likely to be at fault? as he keep saying i m at fault, i told him no pt toking till the cow come back. i told him let insurance settle.

↡ Advertisement

Did u take any pics?

From your description, he is simply pushing the blame to you. Got balls to drive but none to admit he's at fault [thumbsdown]

Quickly give your side of the story to your insurance company and get them to settle it. Anyway, they are paid to do so

Dun worry bro...

he's obviously lying. did you take any pictures? it will really help if you did. any witnessess at the station?

the liability is more on the car that hit you, cuz his front bumper hit your left rear door and left bumper. if you really did cut into his lane as he put it, how would this damage happen? not possible if you ask me.

could be 80-20 or 90-10 in your favour.

Neutral Newbie

So you were driving off and he was coming in at the same area? Am I right? Is there any signs for entrance and exit at the pump station? If he is using the exit to come into the pump station, then its his fault.

A car came from your side and bang into your rear door which mean he also moving out from petrol shell and heading to main road like you right?

When accident happen don't move any of the vehicle take photo of the position of the vehicle then move to one side if it is not a serious, no one injury or fatal accident.

He claim he got the right of way and say you speed and cut into his way?? You can tell him now is who bang who first and you should be the one who speed up and band me [hur]

Nowaday want to exit to main road also want to compete and so "kan cheong" to go off. S'pore life style too stressful [sweatdrop]

Who is right or wrong just leave it to insurance to decide otherwise you said ABC and I said XYZ till next day also never end. After take down all particular and move on.

Yeah bro VTEC78...

I think the guy is just trying to push all the blame on you... as you said his front right bumper hit your rear side...means he probably failed to see you and brake in time and hit you... if it were you who had struck him on the side...do you think he'd say its his fault?

Edited by Josephteo

Neutral Newbie
today is a very sad day for mi. I drove my less than 1 mth old swift to shell to pump petrol. After pumping n paying, i drove my car to the exit heading to the main road. juz as i m reaching the exit, a car came from my side n bang into my rear door (i was going straight towards the exit.) i stopped n came out to look at the damage. saw his bumper right side dented in i knew mine also gone case liao. my car damage start from rear door to rear bumper. even my advan rim kena scratches. damn heart pain as all these less than 1 mth old nia. the prob is this, he claim he gt the right of way n say i sped n cut into his way. prob is i juz move off from the pump location, how fast can i sped? mine not a TC car leh. 2ndly i will have to stop at the exit of the pump station, who in the right mind will speed when he is going to stop right? he hit mi when i was abt 5m from the exit. so from this information, whose is most likely to be at fault? as he keep saying i m at fault, i told him no pt toking till the cow come back. i told him let insurance settle.

both not wrong, petrolcompany at fault...station does not have proper marking and failure to provide safe passage...not safety marshallers and traffic co-ordinator...was the place sufficiently lighted? if not, failure to provide a safe and sufficient lighted place for consumer [rifle]

Bro you proceeded to exit the place fist. So evident cause he banged your rear door and not your front side panel or door. This shows that you are at the exit area first then he drove without looking and banged into your rear door. You got buy insurance for your Advan rims boh?

Claim him until he jia lat jia lat for cheating

Feel sad for you too somemore brand new and one month old only. [sweatdrop]

Driving on the road is like that is either you bang pp or pp bang you. Or you maybe bang other objects also [dizzy]

Edited by Jl1500k

i once encountered a situaton whereby a car which illegally overtook from opposite lane and swerved back in front of me actually lost control n hit me but twisted to say he was right in the end i fought my defence and use multiple pictorials to push my point forth,of cos the liar's loophole was soon tore thru.

same thing moment he stepped out he said why u langa by back..dun be awed by suc people just ask him not to bxxxxxxt.anyway try talking to station manager see if secuity cam covered it not...explain carefully to insurer.

Sorry to hear about your incident & feel heartpain for you [smallcry][smallcry][smallcry]

Let the insurance companies fight out among themselves but since it is his front bumper which had 'kissed' on your rear passenger door to rear bumper, i think you should stand a higher chance in winning even if it is 70-30, 80-20, 90-10 [nod][nod][nod]

The way you write your report to the insurance company also plays a major part [nod][nod][nod]

One more thing, ask the station manager for the video footage as they should have CCTV installed. This would greatly help in any circumstances

↡ Advertisement