Search
side door whose fault

• Search this thread
58 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:15 AM

Vtec78
  • Vtec78
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

today is a very sad day for mi. I drove my less than 1 mth old swift to shell to pump petrol. After pumping n paying, i drove my car to the exit heading to the main road. juz as i m reaching the exit, a car came from my side n bang into my rear door (i was going straight towards the exit.) i stopped n came out to look at the damage. saw his bumper right side dented in i knew mine also gone case liao. my car damage start from rear door to rear bumper. even my advan rim kena scratches. damn heart pain as all these less than 1 mth old nia. the prob is this, he claim he gt the right of way n say i sped n cut into his way. prob is i juz move off from the pump location, how fast can i sped? mine not a TC car leh. 2ndly i will have to stop at the exit of the pump station, who in the right mind will speed when he is going to stop right? he hit mi when i was abt 5m from the exit. so from this information, whose is most likely to be at fault? as he keep saying i m at fault, i told him no pt toking till the cow come back. i told him let insurance settle.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

Mavvy
  • Mavvy
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Tough case... encountered such.. 50-50....

Case still ONz btw fyi...

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:01 AM

Wanderer
  • Wanderer
    5th Gear

Did u take any pics?

From your description, he is simply pushing the blame to you. Got balls to drive but none to admit he's at fault thumbsdown.gif

Quickly give your side of the story to your insurance company and get them to settle it. Anyway, they are paid to do so

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:11 AM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed

It should be a 50-50 case.

You should speak and report it to your insurance and decide if you want to repair oat your own cost or claim.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:11 AM

Mdfaz
  • Mdfaz
    5th Gear

Dun worry bro...

he's obviously lying. did you take any pictures? it will really help if you did. any witnessess at the station?

the liability is more on the car that hit you, cuz his front bumper hit your left rear door and left bumper. if you really did cut into his lane as he put it, how would this damage happen? not possible if you ask me.

could be 80-20 or 90-10 in your favour.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:42 AM

Oon8116
  • Premium member
    Oon8116
    1st Gear

So you were driving off and he was coming in at the same area? Am I right? Is there any signs for entrance and exit at the pump station? If he is using the exit to come into the pump station, then its his fault.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

Jl1500k
  • Premium member
    Jl1500k
    5th Gear

A car came from your side and bang into your rear door which mean he also moving out from petrol shell and heading to main road like you right?

When accident happen don't move any of the vehicle take photo of the position of the vehicle then move to one side if it is not a serious, no one injury or fatal accident.

He claim he got the right of way and say you speed and cut into his way?? You can tell him now is who bang who first and you should be the one who speed up and band me hur.gif

Nowaday want to exit to main road also want to compete and so "kan cheong" to go off. S'pore life style too stressful sweatdrop.gif

Who is right or wrong just leave it to insurance to decide otherwise you said ABC and I said XYZ till next day also never end. After take down all particular and move on.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear

my take is whoever is going straight has right of way (ROW), relative to the arrow on the ground.

ie, the car more parallel to the arrow has ROW.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

Josephteo
  • Premium member
    Josephteo
    5th Gear

Yeah bro VTEC78...

I think the guy is just trying to push all the blame on you... as you said his front right bumper hit your rear side...means he probably failed to see you and brake in time and hit you... if it were you who had struck him on the side...do you think he'd say its his fault?

Edited by Josephteo, 24 February 2008 - 10:19 AM.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

Megaweb
  • Megaweb
    4th Gear

Did u take any pics?

Read many similar side way collision cases, 50-50 chances.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:12 AM

Petergo
  • Petergo
    Neutral Newbie

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

today is a very sad day for mi. I drove my less than 1 mth old swift to shell to pump petrol. After pumping n paying, i drove my car to the exit heading to the main road. juz as i m reaching the exit, a car came from my side n bang into my rear door (i was going straight towards the exit.) i stopped n came out to look at the damage. saw his bumper right side dented in i knew mine also gone case liao. my car damage start from rear door to rear bumper. even my advan rim kena scratches. damn heart pain as all these less than 1 mth old nia. the prob is this, he claim he gt the right of way n say i sped n cut into his way. prob is i juz move off from the pump location, how fast can i sped? mine not a TC car leh. 2ndly i will have to stop at the exit of the pump station, who in the right mind will speed when he is going to stop right? he hit mi when i was abt 5m from the exit. so from this information, whose is most likely to be at fault? as he keep saying i m at fault, i told him no pt toking till the cow come back. i told him let insurance settle.

both not wrong, petrolcompany at fault...station does not have proper marking and failure to provide safe passage...not safety marshallers and traffic co-ordinator...was the place sufficiently lighted? if not, failure to provide a safe and sufficient lighted place for consumer rifle.gif

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    5th Gear

Many yrs ago the highway code read..give way to vehicles on the RIGHT....he bang your left or right?

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:22 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    4th Gear

Bro you proceeded to exit the place fist. So evident cause he banged your rear door and not your front side panel or door. This shows that you are at the exit area first then he drove without looking and banged into your rear door. You got buy insurance for your Advan rims boh?

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    5th Gear

Claim him until he jia lat jia lat for cheating

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

Jl1500k
  • Premium member
    Jl1500k
    5th Gear

Feel sad for you too somemore brand new and one month old only. sweatdrop.gif

Driving on the road is like that is either you bang pp or pp bang you. Or you maybe bang other objects also dizzy.gif

Edited by Jl1500k, 24 February 2008 - 01:13 PM.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

Upandcoming
  • Upandcoming
    4th Gear

i once encountered a situaton whereby a car which illegally overtook from opposite lane and swerved back in front of me actually lost control n hit me but twisted to say he was right in the end i fought my defence and use multiple pictorials to push my point forth,of cos the liar's loophole was soon tore thru.

same thing moment he stepped out he said why u langa by back..dun be awed by suc people just ask him not to bxxxxxxt.anyway try talking to station manager see if secuity cam covered it not...explain carefully to insurer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Headunit - Pioneer P80RS| - |Tweeters - Seas Lotus Reference RT27F| - |Mid - Seas Lotus Reference RW 165| - |Amps - Genesis Profile Four (Component) + DB 900.1 (Monobloc)| - Woofer - Helix Deep Blue|

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious

Sorry to hear about your incident & feel heartpain for you smallcry.gif smallcry.gif smallcry.gif

Let the insurance companies fight out among themselves but since it is his front bumper which had 'kissed' on your rear passenger door to rear bumper, i think you should stand a higher chance in winning even if it is 70-30, 80-20, 90-10 nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif

The way you write your report to the insurance company also plays a major part nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

Wanderer
  • Wanderer
    5th Gear

One more thing, ask the station manager for the video footage as they should have CCTV installed. This would greatly help in any circumstances

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:41 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear

You got ask his insurance company boh? Same as yours or not? If same, maybe 50-50. tongue.gif

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Chemz
  • Chemz
    4th Gear

not to mention kenna the wrath of mother nature herself.

-falling heavy fruits/branches which cause huge dents and scratches
-flooding

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users