Car hit on side door, whose fault

Vtec78

not to mention kenna the wrath of mother nature herself.

-falling heavy fruits/branches which cause huge dents and scratches

-flooding

Feel sad for you too somemore brand new and one month old only. [sweatdrop]

Driving on the road is like that is either you bang pp or pp bang you. Or you maybe bang other objects also [dizzy]

Agree. Such a shame that such thing happens, especially so when it happened a new car.

Neutral Newbie

i draw out what happen to let u guys have a better understanding of what happen. hope u guys will have a clearer view

post-1-1203843091_thumb.jpg

From the pics, it seems that you have advantage of winning the insurance claims.

If best, get some witness from petrol station. I am sure some of the pump attendants might have witness it.

Neutral Newbie

from the pic it looks like 50/50 case for me.

bro avoid accident if possible. when you moving to the exit, if see other vehicle is also moving to exit, give way. he may realise he has no ROW and give way to you too but that's fine. better than neither party gives way right? under this kinda situation who has the ROW is not that important. accident free is. even not your fault and the other party will pay your repair cost, your car will never be as good as no accident. it could cause lots of potential problems later. no need to mention the hassle for claim, repair, lost of use/sleep and all the worries.

recently i see lots of fierce, impatient and dangours SSS on the road, especially those with BK and stickers fitted. most are driven by young dudes. i am not saying you are but dont be one of them.

off topic a bit, among all the car made, personally i dont particularly like merc as a car but i found merc have the most stable and mature drivers. if i see a car tailgating me very closely and zooming left and right behind me, it will never be a merc.

Neutral Newbie

bro, if i saw him trying to exit too, i will surely brake n give way to him. no way i will play with him with my 1 mth old car right. prob is he came out suddenly n give mi no time to react at all. all i can say is, suay day for me n my car [bigcry]

the best thing is he say i m speeding n appear out of nowhere. what a joker. anyway things already happen, no pt thinking abt it.

Neutral Newbie

tat the confusing thing lor. my gf who was in my car at that time also say sure win for my case. she say the car juz dash out without checking his blind spot so he assume traffic is clear beside him.

I think by virtue that he has hit you closer to your rear (meaning you were in front of him) wld give you a higher chance in winning the case.

I wld believe it will be difficult to justify hitting another car with your front end by saying that the other car was speeding unless you are also saying that:

1. Your reaction was so slow that by the time you realised, the other car has already sped in front of you and you bang into his rear side door.

2. You were also speeding and cldn't stop in time.

Of course, he wldn't say these cos they will not be in his favour.

Good luck and keep us posted. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

i believe he did not check his blind spot n dash out. n i believe he did not inch out slowly else he will surely be able to brake in time. 2ml going to report to my insurance company n c what they say. hope i can win the case too. now also no mood to think liao. heart ache for my swift

[bigcry]

tks for the gd luck, will post the result in here

Neutral Newbie

Bro, if I were you, I go and ask for video footage from the station cctv immediately before they delete and ask for eye witness. Not very high chance of claiming imo. Good luck thou.

if as per your illustration, i think you have the right of way...that's what i learned in driving school. he should give way to you

i draw out what happen to let u guys have a better understanding of what happen. hope u guys will have a clearer view

Thats becos merc drivers tend to be ah peks, thats y generally they are alot less hot headed. [nod]

From the picture shown, i think the TS has a good chance. Coz the car that hit him is actually moving out to merge into the "main traffic" flow, from a supposedly parked position. So under this circumstance, the TS is not at fault and will have higher chance of winning.

Neutral Newbie

i hope you are right, especially from the other driver's sitting position (right side), there should be better view and basically no blind spot. i was saying 50/50 case because once i got an accident and went down my insurer (NTUC) to check. they showed me a few extremely simple diagrams and told me those were all they used to judge. they dont want to know stories, details or even photos. it is just a stupid matching and if there is no matched diagram, choose the closest one. but the closest one could be a totally different scenario. they dont care at all. i remember that unless it's direct rear ended or traffic offense, all other cases are 50/50. i almost vomit blood when i knew that.

↡ Advertisement