Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
189 replies to this topic | 440 praises

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Budget up to $3K+ for king size with bed frame. Looking at comfort, good support (cannot too soft until backache) and pocketed spring (do-not-disturb) type

Anyone have tried Slumberland Royal Princess? (bed+frame $3199)
or Slumberland Sanctuary (bed+frame $2499)

What about Dunlopillo Duchess?

Simmons? Sealy? Serta? What model is good?

Do not want to take chance with less established brands, do not like too hard ot too soft, and do not like memory foam

For sharing and advise on mattresses, thanks
Noob79 praised this
Hey, I have my own personal MCF stalker! Have u gotten yours yet?
QUOTE (Booboon @ Jan 24 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Er, something abt sgnick if that might interest u.
1. Drives an opc g spec sienta. Green colour.
2. Lives in hougang and has alot of money. At least that wat he claims.
3. Is a Chinese male in his 30s n wear specs.
4. Hangs around sgsienta. The forum is dead anyway.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

Linusloh
  • Premium member
    Linusloh
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey bro!
I think the 4S's are good...ie Simmons, Sealy, Serta, Slumberland
The high end Kingkoil should be good too.

I had a serta, can't remem model...good!
Am using a sealy now, but ex one lah, 5k or so haha

Anyway, get a pocketed spring one, got plush (soft) or firm types. I believe u can try all u like esp at Robinson, taka.

I tot I like firm types, now I prefer plush.
Noob79 praised this

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

can consider latex mattress. not as "sticky" as memory foam.

i find my latex mattress abit too soft for my liking though. but got used to it since. it's soft but very supportive. abit like memory foam but it "rebounds" faster.

my friend recommended latex as it's got "good rebound" for whoopee sly.gif
Noob79 praised this

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I use Serta (Skyline Eurotop), recently bought it and its pretty good. I gotta back problem so need something thats not too soft, its pretty much just nice for me. All the reputable shops allow you to lie on the bed to feel it, so just go into the shop and lie on the bed (make sure at least 5 mins in one position so you know how badly it sags).

If you notice there is some impression even before you start to lie down, then its probably not such a good matteress.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Being using 4 Star mattress for the past 18 years.

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Recently just change to another 4 Star mattress during my major renovation of my house.

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I got friends in Regional Office of International Hotels' Group - InterContinental Hotels Group, Hyatt Hotels Grp, Four Seasons, etc.

They told me that most high end hotel chains uses Simmons mattresses. It comes wif a guarantee of 10 yrs and you down have to turn the mattress every half a year cos it'll not have any "impression" or "depression" on it.

But I believe they sell mattress only and doesn't come wif bed frames nod.gif U can go IMM to check it out flowerface.gif

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Why buy from established brand when ALL come from same country...same yrs of warranty.
Look into JG nino.com.sg and see the photos,compare your price then make decision.."WE let our prices do the talking"

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

Blue2
  • Blue2
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Can try Simmons... think good for back....

OT a bit...if can bring bowling ball to try good or not laugh.gif
Why SoSerious ???

Look What is Missing

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry don't get you, same country same warranty means.....what? What's your point?

Unless u say they ALL same country same warranty same design same technology same material same workmanship same quality, then yes, i agree with you to buy the cheapest if all of the above stated is same.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I will chck out simmons, but scared that for my budget, i cannot get a quality simmons.

I always wondering if with my budget, should i get the higher end models from cheaper brands or lower end models from expensive brands, and which will be better.

Edited by Sgnick, 27 February 2008 - 04:11 PM.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I use Serta (Skyline Eurotop), recently bought it and its pretty good. I gotta back problem so need something thats not too soft, its pretty much just nice for me. All the reputable shops allow you to lie on the bed to feel it, so just go into the shop and lie on the bed (make sure at least 5 mins in one position so you know how badly it sags).

If you notice there is some impression even before you start to lie down, then its probably not such a good matteress.

Is my budget of $3K+++ enough for serta eurotop king with bed frame?

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

can consider latex mattress. not as "sticky" as memory foam.

i find my latex mattress abit too soft for my liking though. but got used to it since. it's soft but very supportive. abit like memory foam but it "rebounds" faster.

my friend recommended latex as it's got "good rebound" for whoopee sly.gif

If too soft but no backache still can tahan until get used to it, but if result in backache, don't think i want to try to get used, haha

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

Princey_anne
  • Premium member
    Princey_anne
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The problem with expensive or good mattresses is it is very heavy, diffcult to change the sheets and to flip over it is tough work. dizzy.gif

Edited by Princey_anne, 27 February 2008 - 04:15 PM.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, you can check and ask them the made,warranty,materials that you want and lastly the quality you can also see for yourself.You can save quite a bit compare to those that are well branded in the market.As for technology there is not much different except,the patterns of the spring that each company will justify that theirs is good for this and that...blah..blah. Go for the pocketed springs.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

Mattress are just matteress ...dont get conned by the good for back ..good nite's sleep gimmick ...
Get Simmons wait for GSG can get at 2K
ôLive for nothing or die for something, your call. - John Rambo?

~~~~~~~ [url "http://wolverman.blogspot.com"]CLICK HERE IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE[/url] ~~~~~~~

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

No worries bro...I'm sure you'll be able to get a decent mattress wif your budget nod.gif Simmons is heavy but you don't have to turn it over cos it doesn't depress over time...besides, it is good for your back nod.gif

I'm not a mattress expert tongue.gif I heard it from my pals in hotel business... nod.gif nod.gif

You'll have to lie down on one and see if you like it...I think that's more important nod.gif

flowerface.gif

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

How about the $20 Tilam from market? laugh.gif

~~~~~~~ [url "http://wolverman.blogspot.com"]CLICK HERE IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE[/url] ~~~~~~~

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

lie down and stationary vs lie down and move about..diff

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

okie dokie nod.gif For your sake, I'm gonna say "besides, it is good for your body" thumbsup.gif

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i agree with you on memory foam. I bought one last year with a memory foam top. tried at showroom damn shiok !! but come back home after a few nights, felt too soft. somemore showroom got aircon, so feeling diff. serta/simmons/sealy must get mid/top range then good enough ...
i would recommend 4 star detense .... within ur budget. take a walk furniture mall , plaza hotel. there got many many
New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users