Buying mattress, need advise

Sgnick

Budget up to $3K+ for king size with bed frame. Looking at comfort, good support (cannot too soft until backache) and pocketed spring (do-not-disturb) type

Anyone have tried Slumberland Royal Princess? (bed+frame $3199)

or Slumberland Sanctuary (bed+frame $2499)

What about Dunlopillo Duchess?

Simmons? Sealy? Serta? What model is good?

Do not want to take chance with less established brands, do not like too hard ot too soft, and do not like memory foam

For sharing and advise on mattresses, thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hey bro!

I think the 4S's are good...ie Simmons, Sealy, Serta, Slumberland

The high end Kingkoil should be good too.

I had a serta, can't remem model...good!

Am using a sealy now, but ex one lah, 5k or so haha

Anyway, get a pocketed spring one, got plush (soft) or firm types. I believe u can try all u like esp at Robinson, taka.

I tot I like firm types, now I prefer plush.

• Praise 1

can consider latex mattress. not as "sticky" as memory foam.

i find my latex mattress abit too soft for my liking though. but got used to it since. it's soft but very supportive. abit like memory foam but it "rebounds" faster.

my friend recommended latex as it's got "good rebound" for whoopee [sly]

• Praise 1

I use Serta (Skyline Eurotop), recently bought it and its pretty good. I gotta back problem so need something thats not too soft, its pretty much just nice for me. All the reputable shops allow you to lie on the bed to feel it, so just go into the shop and lie on the bed (make sure at least 5 mins in one position so you know how badly it sags).

If you notice there is some impression even before you start to lie down, then its probably not such a good matteress.

I got friends in Regional Office of International Hotels' Group - InterContinental Hotels Group, Hyatt Hotels Grp, Four Seasons, etc.

They told me that most high end hotel chains uses Simmons mattresses. It comes wif a guarantee of 10 yrs and you down have to turn the mattress every half a year cos it'll not have any "impression" or "depression" on it.

But I believe they sell mattress only and doesn't come wif bed frames [nod] U can go IMM to check it out [flowerface]

Why buy from established brand when ALL come from same country...same yrs of warranty.

Look into JG nino.com.sg and see the photos,compare your price then make decision.."WE let our prices do the talking"

Sorry don't get you, same country same warranty means.....what? What's your point?

Unless u say they ALL same country same warranty same design same technology same material same workmanship same quality, then yes, i agree with you to buy the cheapest if all of the above stated is same.

I will chck out simmons, but scared that for my budget, i cannot get a quality simmons.

I always wondering if with my budget, should i get the higher end models from cheaper brands or lower end models from expensive brands, and which will be better.

Edited by Sgnick

I use Serta (Skyline Eurotop), recently bought it and its pretty good. I gotta back problem so need something thats not too soft, its pretty much just nice for me. All the reputable shops allow you to lie on the bed to feel it, so just go into the shop and lie on the bed (make sure at least 5 mins in one position so you know how badly it sags).

If you notice there is some impression even before you start to lie down, then its probably not such a good matteress.

Is my budget of $3K+++ enough for serta eurotop king with bed frame?

can consider latex mattress. not as "sticky" as memory foam.

i find my latex mattress abit too soft for my liking though. but got used to it since. it's soft but very supportive. abit like memory foam but it "rebounds" faster.

my friend recommended latex as it's got "good rebound" for whoopee [sly]

If too soft but no backache still can tahan until get used to it, but if result in backache, don't think i want to try to get used, haha

Yes, you can check and ask them the made,warranty,materials that you want and lastly the quality you can also see for yourself.You can save quite a bit compare to those that are well branded in the market.As for technology there is not much different except,the patterns of the spring that each company will justify that theirs is good for this and that...blah..blah. Go for the pocketed springs.

No worries bro...I'm sure you'll be able to get a decent mattress wif your budget [nod] Simmons is heavy but you don't have to turn it over cos it doesn't depress over time...besides, it is good for your back [nod]

I'm not a mattress expert [:p] I heard it from my pals in hotel business... [nod][nod]

You'll have to lie down on one and see if you like it...I think that's more important [nod]

[flowerface]