Piggyback qns

Hamburger

1. car A & car B is of same make n model.therefore same stock engine.

2. car A has installed n dyno tuned a piggy.

3. Question is : can the piggy be taken out from car A n be installed in car B. will car B yield e same result [hur]

↡ Advertisement

it might not get the same results.even if both cars have same engine , same mods, the results might still not be same.best is get it retuned.this kind of money cannot save.

same make, same model and same stock engine will not be exactly the same output, even hand build engines from supercars may have a very very slight difference in power output wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

like what Rb26dett mention, best to get it retune for the next car nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

Edited by Vtim

1. car A & car B is of same make n model.therefore same stock engine.

2. car A has installed n dyno tuned a piggy.

3. Question is : can the piggy be taken out from car A n be installed in car B. will car B yield e same result [hur]

i believe that it may give u a better result than stock, but not optimised for

your car

average gain of 10bhp niah..........if lucky max of 15bhp. Calculated $$$ per bhp [shakehead] ....but c/w forced induction is still even betta. [sly][sly]

Still is yer take. [;)]

Edited by Normal_aspirated

Absolute rubbish that unit. In fact its worse than Greddy Blue. Alot of bugs + unstable. My cousin and his friends bought it in US (he's staying there) and the ecu relearnt after 150miles of run time in the car [thumbsdown] All the hard work tuning on the dyno with tuner went down the drain.

You can read about this in various US car forums. I myself have read the install/operation manual and I know why it fails big time.....

The ULTIMATE does not connect or tap to the Primary O2 sensor! [dizzy] How to tune close loop then? There isn't any control authority by the piggyback in the 1st place. The unit can only control fueling and ignition timing in open loop. What for? [laugh] solve 1 problem but create another.

No wonder the ecu relearns after awhile! What a lot of crock this unit.

Oh, I see, I almost bought this as I was told that it can control individual injector cycle sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

so it cannot tune close loop sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

ok I scrap the idea of EMU and get the stock ECU tuning software instead thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Yes, if you can procure the flash software and tune your own car, that will be the best [thumbsup] All you need will be the software, laptop, wideband monitor and diagnostic tool (optional) and you're good to go babay [sunny]

You are lucky for Korean makes there are good choices.... not all makes are that fortunate [smallcry]

The individual injector duration adjustment function is not exactly applicable to us since this is meant more for built engines or drag racing which uses mixed fuel or high rpms doing 15mins track time. The individual cylinders need to be fine tuned since the intake manifold plenum air volume would be different chamber to chamber.

If you want to use this function, you need to install 4 wideband probes at the cylinder exhaust ports to tune based on AFR [hur] what for??

I'm at 10psi but Brisk give me pee sai [laugh]

I always like to tell my friends to use their engine model specific software or piggyback to tweak their cars, products like ULTIMATE are universal in application since they cater to many makes & models. You use only like 30% of its total functions and the rest are redundant. There would be bound to have glitches and bugs which affects the operation of the vehicle once values are inputed, especially if the platform language is unstable.

But people still buy what, well..this is something TU-NAR shops will never tell owners.... in the name of the almighty dollar [:|]

Neutral Newbie

agree w bro Smhomie totally... d prob is tat majority of d tuners dun understand wat "closed loop" meant in layman terms... & therefore dunno how 2 xplain 2 customers. d moment customers kno tat d piggybck can't mod data in "closed loop" conditions, all will run away! tat's y all tuners who dunno, will kp quiet...

dun tlk abt closed loop, some tuners purposely dun wire certain connections from d piggybck 2 d stock ecu 'cos dunno how 2 tune tat function! heard 2 many horror stories...

WTF! [shocked][shocked][shocked]

Are you sure ZeeeeMan?? Thats farkin' scary homie [sweatdrop]

They leave out certain wires because don't know how to interface or calibrate the function... Holy batman [jawdrop][jawdrop] Like that the ecu will go haywire with hesitation problems + idling issues + lousy fuel consumption what...

And then the owners' car gets a CEL or MIL and the tuner says "Si ler chong a taichi" and proceed to charge you another $300-500 for tuning?? [hur]

What is this world coming to [mad]

"If I'm going to pay others good money to fark up my car, might as well save the money and fark it up myself"

Proper tuning takes you 1-3 days for piggybacks. Standalones take 2-3 months to tune it right and it still won't run like factory [sweatdrop]

I learnt alot of tuning knowledge during my trips to CA, FL, AZ and PA from various well known tuner shops that we read in Mags and the owners/racers taught me much. I will always be grateful to them for teaching an asian... [smallcry]

↡ Advertisement