Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic | 160 praises

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It was 1980. Posters of the carrier USS Nimitz were everywhere. Lightning flashes around. It was the Final Countdown.

I bought tickets and went to watch it. Was at good old Odeon cinema.

Then this scene came. The dogfight. F14A Tomcat vs A6M2 Type 0 "Zeke".

All I remember was being awed by the scene. Then when the Sidewinder fired and the Zero was splashed. The whole cinema erupted into cheers and applause! Girlfriends and wives will not understand.

Thank you Hollywood.

Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

Nolicense
  • Premium member
    Nolicense
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

wah liao.. such an old show.. when i saw it as a kid, it was like america soft power at the peak. now really jump the shark liao.

my fav? lethal weapon 1 when mel gibson showed his bare ass butt when pissing and drinking beer at the same time. from then on, i knew men could multi task.. lol

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Of course the movie is so damn old. Yes, LW1 is still the best of the LW series.

Anyway, the air combat scenes were filmed from a B52.

Now on Youtube, we got PC or console flight sims to simulate historic air combat incidents like tonight's Dogfights. The Gulf of Sidra Incident with F14 vs MiG23 is pretty well done.
Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

David
  • David
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My favourite is the last scene on top of the Empire State Building in the movie "Sleepless in Seatle".

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:21 AM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

OOO MY GODDD!!!!!!

I SAW THIS SHOW WHEN I WAS P2!!!

U FOUND IT!!!! THANKSS!!!!

i wrote some kinda composition on it.

the ship sailed into some vortex thing then brought them back into the past .. hahaha...
********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

As a kid, it was Rambo firing a M60 MG with one hand and casavac-ing a POW.

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

Simply_lex
  • Simply_lex
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The bed scene in Indecent Proposal till now I still not able to forget.
Demmi Moore truly

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:19 PM

Kingcopa
  • Kingcopa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Diane Lane and that french guy in "unforgiven"(duno know correct title or not" rolleyes.gif
Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that.'
PSN ID: thegod09
时间和乳沟一样,挤一挤就有了

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

Mlimhs
  • Premium member
    Mlimhs
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

There's another good classic dogfight show - Battle of Britain. thumbsup.gif

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

Metalslug
  • Metalslug
    5th Gear
    Author Image

mine - Matrix where Neo and Trinity stormed the building and gunbattle with the policemen...

shiok thumbsup.gif

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yojimbo!

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

F355
  • F355
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Edited by F355, 31 December 2015 - 10:13 PM.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:43 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I still LOL at this scene

Just because you've got more posts than me doesn't mean that you're right.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:16 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yojimbo!

Toshiro Mifune!

I like the snow fight scene from Sword of Doom and there was an unedited clip on youtube previously but it has been removed.

2BDriver and Staff69 praised this

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:49 AM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Toshiro Mifune!

I like the snow fight scene from Sword of Doom and there was an unedited clip on youtube previously but it has been removed.

Never got to watch Sword of Doom. Are you referring to this scene?

FourZero, Pinobii, Spring, Byteslurve, Angcheek, 2BDriver, Mercs and 4 other members praised this

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

one of the most powerful scene I've watched.

Notice the computer HAL showed more emotions than the human. For those who didn't watch, HAL was the onboard Artificial intelligence computer controlling the space craft for mission to Jupiter. Due to a flaw in its logic and mission parameters, it started to kill its crew onboard by switching off life support for its hibernating members and fakes an accident. In the end the last survivor of the spacecraft is attempting to shutdown it.

Heat!
Who can forget this

Edited by Pocus, 01 January 2016 - 01:04 AM.

Blueray and RH1667 praised this

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Never got to watch Sword of Doom. Are you referring to this scene?

Yup that's the one

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:27 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

one of the most powerful scene I've watched.

Notice the computer HAL showed more emotions than the human. For those who didn't watch, HAL was the onboard Artificial intelligence computer controlling the space craft for mission to Jupiter. Due to a flaw in its logic and mission parameters, it started to kill its crew onboard by switching off life support for its hibernating members and fakes an accident. In the end the last survivor of the spacecraft is attempting to shutdown it.

Heat!
Who can forget this

Directors in top form,

Kubrick is a good story teller and in 2001, used eerie silence to great effect. First VHS I bought, saved up pocket money for the $29.90.

Mann peaked in Heat, characters, action set pieces, music all clicked.

Staff69 and Sunny praised this
"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

Matrix0405
  • Premium member
    Matrix0405
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Fatt kor eating a packet of $2 chicken rice, destitute & angry, in A better tomorrow.  Sorry no insert, searched Youtube Fatt kor eating chicken rice, all sort of irrelevant chicken rice videos

Blueray praised this

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:44 AM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Show Me The Money! Jerry McGuire.

Top Gun returning to base after Dogfight.

Another one where he died everyday to be returned to life.

Mostly Tom Cruise shows stick to my mind. Wonder why.
I'm not just telling you; I am showing you.

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: favorite, movie, scene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users