Search
Jetta 4TSi

• Search this thread
320 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

Vicz
  • Vicz
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Saw the review on ST yesterday. Seems that its a very attractive proposition. Any comments? wink.gif
Would u pay this price for an A-Class or this piece?

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

Mtoh
  • Mtoh
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i go for A-class

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:12 PM

Vicz
  • Vicz
    4th Gear

Why so?

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

Mtoh
  • Mtoh
    5th Gear

for the brand. if you are having power in mind+space

go for Passat 1.8T, or Legacy GT.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

Vicz
  • Vicz
    4th Gear

Are u saying that for the price, its not worth? but the passat would demand almost another $20k more leh.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

Snowblind
  • Snowblind
    2nd Gear

Not too sure about the A-class but this car does look like good value, good build I believe, low rd tax, 0-100 8+sec, reasonable FC. nod.gif
Dun crash in the rain!!

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Afocus
  • Afocus
    Neutral Newbie

Seems good value to me too but my main concern is their comparatively shorter warranty terms - 2 years compared to other car makes. Of course this means can service outside of VW after 2 years but don't think the 1.4 TSI is something a lot of mechanics very familiar with.
I think VW won some engine of the year award with that engine. good stuff really but just put off by how to maintain it after the warranty.
Maybe some VW bros here can advise.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

Carcraze
  • Carcraze
    5th Gear

I thought VWs come with 3years/100000km factory warranty? You mean it's not applicable in singapore?

Edited by Carcraze, 02 March 2008 - 04:27 PM.

M-GT

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

Carcraze
  • Carcraze
    5th Gear

The should bring in the Passat 1.4TSI.

And if it's priced below 100k, i'm sure it'll sell well in Singapore.
M-GT

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Afocus
  • Afocus
    Neutral Newbie

You're right, it's 3 years/ 100,000 km. My bad. I was thinking of the golf GTI with the 2 years warranty.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

Saw the review on ST yesterday. Seems that its a very attractive proposition. Any comments? wink.gif
Would u pay this price for an A-Class or this piece?

if i were to consider the A-class, maybe I shd look at the B-class. but then it will be the B200 turbo. Hey, maybe the C-class in this case.. but then, people will start telling me about IS250 and BMW 3 series. that will be 320 vs 323 vs 325.

or maybe some will said Legacy, Mark X, Accord, Camry, vectra, C5..

oh my.. there's no end. what a comparison.

but for a TSi, it's worth considering. hardly any in the right class to do a comparision. It's a TSi, for god sake. smile.gif

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

for the brand. if you are having power in mind+space

go for Passat 1.8T, or Legacy GT.

no doubt the TSi have lesser power but the SC and TC doesn't really bring the Passat in mind. rather different league. and price as well.

If it's Passat 1.8T, maybe we shd look at Audi 1.8T as well sly.gif

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

Rom1619
  • Rom1619
    Neutral Newbie

All VWs come with 3 yrs/ 100,000km Warranty from this month onward. The older ones have a 3rd year extension option available.

The Passat is a better choice overall due to other factors like interior " upclassness" (excuse the poor english), image, interior space, etc....

What i mean to say is, if you wanna get a car in this budget range, you can consider more executive cars like Legacy, passat etc..

IMHO, you probably do not need such a powerful car in Singapore in such start stop traffic. A comfortable one is more my ticket.

No offense to Jetta/ golf owners. I drive a VW too. Just my opinion.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

Mtoh
  • Mtoh
    5th Gear

Are u saying that for the price, its not worth? but the passat would demand almost another $20k more leh.

ya passat cost more... but, if ur choice is VW ,
Hatchback, go for Golf GT. Saloon , go for passat.

Jetta TSI is sort of like in between. odd

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Mtoh
  • Mtoh
    5th Gear

new Audi A4 & the current A4 cost is alot of difference.

Passat 1.8T + CVT(or izzit DSG) = 118K
A3 1.8T + DSG = 118K
A4 1.8T + CVT = 130K ??? (but CVT is weak compare to DSG)
new A4 1.8T + DSG = 171K !!!!!

Edited by Mtoh, 02 March 2008 - 06:02 PM.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious

agree, the price difference..

that's why it doesn't make sense to bring Passat 1.8T into this thread which was what you suggested. smile.gif

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

Presea
  • Premium member
    Presea
    5th Gear

The Passat 1.8T is the entry model, so it comes with only a step-tronice 6 speed auto (no DSG) :(
I managed to get mine at 108K, after discounts. The current price should be 114K, and that's before discounts....

The new A4 1.8T should not be priced so high, in fact, based on the SE's estimates, it should be priced competitively against the entry 3-series and C-class (so expect between 140-145K).

Anyway, the new A4 is actually bigger and possibly better equiped than the standard passat 1.8T, so the comparison is unfair (especially based on the OMV). Audi A4 1.8T is comparable to the Passat 2.0T in pricing and features....
2008-present Volkswagen Passat 1.8TSI
2007-2008 Honda Civic 2.0M
2001-2007 Nissan Presea 1.6M

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

Mtoh
  • Mtoh
    5th Gear

wow 108K is a good buy, my friend got the 2L version, w/o turbo sometime is Aug 07, he paid abt 116K.

i got to know the new A4 is priced abt 171K thru a thread in VAGS. and yap, the new A4 is abt the size of the current A6....

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

Yaloryalor
  • Premium member
    Yaloryalor
    Supercharged

The Passat 1.8T is the same body as this

http://www.sgcarmart...Hk0uz-1240.html

2 weeks ago, happened to see one Passat parked outside my office carpark. Look like this one in SGcarmart. really very nice!!!
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
人恶人怕天不怕,人善人欺天不欺;善恶到头终有报,只争来早与来迟。

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

Jailbird005
  • Jailbird005
    2nd Gear

Wa,din know that the new A4 cost soooo much at 171k...must well get the C200 at $157k.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users