Jetta 1.4TSi

Vicz

wah!..at 171k... confirm stock cannot move one... at this price can almost get a 325 or a C230 liao... no doubt the new A4 is a real beauty

Not too sure about the A-class but this car does look like good value, good build I believe, low rd tax, 0-100 8+sec, reasonable FC. [nod]

then again the maintenance cost of it's supercharger and turbo charger is a concern too ?

I wonder whether can it sustain the long distance high rev drive for hours ?

Neutral Newbie

vw claims to test car in extreme high temperate condition like dubai, so our climate is nothing

Neutral Newbie
Wa,din know that the new A4 cost soooo much at 171k...must well get the C200 at $157k.

I always think that audi is sort of over-priced.

all german, french, especially czech repulic cars are overpriced here.

compare the OMV of a german car to similar priced OMV of a japanese car, you'll see a huge gap in selling price.

Neutral Newbie
IMHO, you probably do not need such a powerful car in Singapore in such start stop traffic. A comfortable one is more my ticket.

For me, I drive to M'sia a lot and most of it in winding hilly trunk roads. So a powerful car make sense, in terms of safety and pleasure.

Renault & Citroen has 1.6L cars thats priced lower than some 1.6L Jap cars. On top of that, the OMV is also higher, one example, the Megane. OMV of 20K and selling price of around 60K.

what is considered over price?

what is the benchmark for profit margin?

its all relative.

the fact that jap cars are cheaper to buy here is because the shipping cost is lower (distance from japan to sin versus from europe to sin is at least 2000 nautical miles difference.... multiply that with fuel cost now... you get the picture) for the car and parts.

the reverse is in Europe where jap cars are slightly more expensive or about the same as the equivalent contis. that's why most europeans buy their own contis as parts are easily available and mechanics are more familiar with their cars there.

its all relative.

But all the logistics and overheads are taken into account before deriving the OMV. That is why VW's OMV has been reduced because VW collect stock from their own factory rather than buying from factory..

Renault & Citroen has 1.6L cars thats priced lower than some 1.6L Jap cars. On top of that, the OMV is also higher, one example, the Megane. OMV of 20K and selling price of around 60K.

FYI , the OMV for the current Magane is only 16K and the selling price is about 67K .

The price is still consider on the high side .

This is only my finding .

(edited)

67K is the 1.6L or the 2.0L? Might be the top of the line model u r looking at. Our 2.5 yr old megane has an OMV of 20K and bought at 71K.

Either way you compare, the megane still comes with very good value compared to 1.6L jap saloons in terms accessories, safety & comfort at that price.

Edited by Rickster
↡ Advertisement